TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest flairfan

July WWE 24/7 Discussion

Has anyone watched Great American Bash 1988 yet? Good lord, that Triple Decker Cage was without a doubt amongst the worst matches I've ever seen.

Is that the one with "Z'Gangsta" and the Final Solution?

No, although that Uncensored '96 match is it's own very special kind of terrible as well.

This one has 2 wrestlers starting at the very top of the triple cage. They fight for 2 minutes, then after 2 minutes a horn sounds and they have 30 seconds to exit out a trap door. At the same time, the other door opens allowing the next member from each team to enter the top cage. So if the first two guys aren't both able to make it out the trap door in time, it ends up being 2 one one and so on. Then after another 2 minutes, the doors open again, 2 more people enter, and there's another opportunity to use the trap door. Now at this point the trap door opens on the second tier, and if you can escape out the second cage into the ring, you can escape out the door in THAT cage and as well. The match ends when all five members of a team manage to escape. It was just a mess, the "action" was impossible to follow, and the rules made the match so anti-climactic, some guys like Ron Garvin literally just walk out of the cage unimpeded, it was ridiculous.

I noticed "July preview" and "MNW Preview" also vanished from the free section of 24/7.

Well if they really are trying to ditch anything Benoit related for the time being, I really hope it means different content rather than less content, although I fear it is more the likely going to be the latter. I sincerely doubt they're going to go through all the trouble of erasing anything with Benoit on it from their library, I think if anything they will likely just put Monday Night War on hiatus and take Benoit Related material off for the rest of the summer.

Thumbs up to 24/7 for having the Luger/Yokozuna match go right to the SummerSlam 93 "Copyright Titan Sports" notice, thus keeping the "I'll be your hero" music video.

ok watching the Legends: Heat Seekers show and there is a quick shot of Benoit and later on Nancy, now if they have really pulled all Benoit stuff, i am surprised it didnt get pulled, like i said before if WWE pulls any and all shows with Benoit and/or Nancy on it i would seriously consider cancelling my subscription

If they wanted to get rid of any Benoit related stuff it would be a complete nightmare. We're talking virtually every WCW TV show and PPV from late 1995 till Jan. 2000. Then damn near every WWE TV show or PPV from 2000-2007, with the exception of July 2001 until May 2002 when he was out with neck surgery. There's just no viable way to do that.

On a different note, I watched that SS 93 main event last night and am still in awe of how bad they fucked up Luger's push. It might well have been the worst mega push in history, from the inept beginning of it (Narcissist one day, American hero the next with zero explanation), to not doing anything wrestling related to earn a title shot (he campaigned for one in a bus for an entire summer), to finally getting said match and then not even actually winning the title but just getting a countout win.

I'm not saying Luger was going to be as big as Hogan, but with more logical booking and a decent payoff the guy could have been an over draw as champion. The problem is where do you go with Luger as WWF champ? They could do a Yoko rematch, but after that the heel side of things was pretty slim. Bigelow's early momentum was gone. Michaels had no main event credibility in 1993-94. There was always Ludvig Borga I guess, but who wanted to see that match?

Guest sandwich

Guys from what I have heard, 24/7 wont be pulling the shows that Benoit is on, they will just be taking out that part of the show. Legally, WWE doesn't want to make money off of showing a guy like Chris, but I dont think in the future the shows with Benoit will be pulled entirely just heavily edited.

It's pointless to even remove his matches or segments though, at least to me it is. Okay I might remove the Benoit/Woman/Sullivan angle from the various Nitro shows, since that now comes off extremely creepy. I can see pulling Benoit's merchandise and DVD, but are they going to start removing every match too? I mean for instance Survivor Series 2002....are they really going to remove the tag titles match because Benoit was one of 6 men involved (along with Eddie/Chavo and Rey/Edge)?

If they wanted to get rid of any Benoit related stuff it would be a complete nightmare. We're talking virtually every WCW TV show and PPV from late 1995 till Jan. 2000. Then damn near every WWE TV show or PPV from 2000-2007, with the exception of July 2001 until May 2002 when he was out with neck surgery. There's just no viable way to do that.

On a different note, I watched that SS 93 main event last night and am still in awe of how bad they fucked up Luger's push. It might well have been the worst mega push in history, from the inept beginning of it (Narcissist one day, American hero the next with zero explanation), to not doing anything wrestling related to earn a title shot (he campaigned for one in a bus for an entire summer), to finally getting said match and then not even actually winning the title but just getting a countout win.

I'm not saying Luger was going to be as big as Hogan, but with more logical booking and a decent payoff the guy could have been an over draw as champion. The problem is where do you go with Luger as WWF champ? They could do a Yoko rematch, but after that the heel side of things was pretty slim. Bigelow's early momentum was gone. Michaels had no main event credibility in 1993-94. There was always Ludvig Borga I guess, but who wanted to see that match?

And I hate to defend Luger but as inexplicable as his push was and as cheesy as hell as the buildup to SummerSlam was, people wanted to get behind Luger. I haven't seen SummerSlam '93 in a couple years, but I remember Luger was pretty damn over with the crowd in the match. But what can you do? I think Yoko was just a much better option for the champ at the time since there was not much you could do with a Luger WWF World title run.

Personally, I thought they should have gone with Crush over Luger in terms of first guy to slam Yokozuna. But then again I've always just inexplicably been a mark for Crush (one of the few and proud).

The `84 Philadelphia show has a guy holding a big sign with NWA Reigns Supreme on one side and Ric Flair - REAL Heavyweight Champion on the other. It's seen a lot during Hogan vs Studd.

Here's the 1st half of the July offerings for 24/7 Online. I'm assuming the 2nd half will be revealed on the 16th.

Summer Skin: Divas Do NY - Maria

June 24, 2005 | Approx. run time: 6 mins. Experience every angle of Maria as she does New York. Watch as she opens up for the shoot, emotionally and physically.

Bonus features include Maria giving a special introduction to her sexy photo shoot.

Summer Skin: Great American Bash - Torrie Wilson vs. Melina, Bra & Panties Match

June 24, 2005 | Approx. run time: 8 mins. Torrie Wilson and Melina made the summer of 2005 even hotter when they faced off in a Bra and Panties Match at The Great American Bash. Who would be forced to reveal the most when these two beauties and guest ref Candice Michelle got in the ring?

Bonus features include Melina's special introduction to the match.

Summer Skin: Great American Bash - Ashley vs. Kristal vs. Jillian vs. Michelle McCool

July 23, 2006 | Approx. run time: 4 mins. If a one-on-one Bra and Panties Match isn't enough, try a Fatal Four Way with Ashley, Kristal, Jillian and Michelle McCool, all clawing at each other's clothes at The Great American Bash 2006.

Bonus features include Michelle McCool introducing the match.

Summer Skin: Tribute to the Troops - Trish & Ashley vs. Candice & Maria

December 25, 2005 | Approx. run time: 5 mins. At Tribute to the Troops in 2005, Trish Stratus & Ashley faced Candice Michelle & Maria in a Santa's Little Helper Match. What more could anybody want for Christmas than four hot Divas going at it in the desert?

Ladders Match DVD Preview: Starrcade - Helms & Moore vs. Yang & Hayashi vs. Noble & Karagias

July 1, 2007 | Approx. run time: 17 mins. You wouldn't want to be a part of one, but Ladder Matches are sure fun to watch. Take a peek at the Ladder Match DVD as six Superstars with golden hopes face off in one of sports-entertainment's most dangerous contests at Starrcade 2000.

Wrestling Hot-beds Chicago: WCW Nitro - Arn Anderson vs. Ric Flair

October 9, 1995 | Approx. run time: 6 mins. Lock Ric Flair and Arn Anderson together in a cage and what do you get? An instant classic that shook the entire Windy City with every blow. Watch as the two Legends brawl in one of the most-feared match stipulations out there.

Bonus features include a special introduction to the match by CM Punk.

Wrestling Hot-beds Chicago: Anarchy Rulz - Tajiri vs. Super Crazy vs. Little Guido

September 19, 1999 | Approx. run time: 18 mins. The most extreme thing Chicago could ever see is the Cubs winning the World Series. As of now, our fans will have to settle for the next-best thing and that's Tajiri, Super Crazy and Little Guido tearing it up at Anarchy Rulz 1999. Find out which man was extreme enough to come out on top.

Bonus features include CM Punk introducing the match.

Wrestling Hot-beds Chicago: SummerSlam - Legion of Doom vs. Nasty Boys

September 19, 1999 | Approx. run time: 9 mins. Like Chicago's deep dish pizza, SummerSlam 1991 became an instant classic when native Chicagoans Legion of Doom took on the Nasty Boys for the World Tag Team Championship.

Bonus features include Maria introducing the match.

Introducing: Mickie James - Raw, Mickie James vs. Victoria

October 17, 2005 | Approx. run time: 7 mins. Mickie James knows how to make an entrance, but would she be able to notch a win in her debut solo match against Victoria? Having her idol Trish Stratus in her corner certainly wouldn't hurt.

Bonus features include a special introduction by Mickie James.

Vince has to be pissed someone mistook MSG for Chicago. Also, I'm pleased the Starrcade 2000 Ladder Match is on there since it's one of the few matches on the Ladder Match DVD I haven't seen so it gives me even less incentive to drop $25-30ish on it.

I hear ya there. I know when I think of Chicago's deep dish pizza, I think of SummerSlam 1991. Also, I'm not really liking these theme months. I mean no one needs 6 diva videos per month. Just pick 20 random matches like the good ol days and fire them up . . . but keep the 750K quality of course.

King Kamala, I agree that there wasn't a huge amount they could do with Luger as champ but the thing is they really needed to pay off the insane push. They did that a lot in 1993, stuff like Tatanka having his big streak but he never really won anything with it. For instance why not give Tatanka the IC belt at WM? If he's not that over with it, have Michaels end his streak later and regain the title.

With Luger he obviously needed to go over at SS 93, since it looked incredibly stupid otherwise. They could always job him back to Yoko at Survivor Series 93 or something like that, then had the UT/Yoko feud and Luger and Bret both chase for a while since both are former champs. The problem Luger inevitably had is that fans were simply more into Bret and UT than they were him.

Yeah, I'd see nothing wrong with a 1-2 month Luger title reign with Yokozuna going over strong to win it back.

But I think Crush should have had the Luger spot instead of Luger. Call me crazy, but I actually kind of liked The Narcissist and besides, dammit Kona Crush was bad ass!

Nah, Yokozuna shouldn't have gone over Luger strong since it mostly just buries Luger to do it after pushing him hard. Have Fuji toss salt in Luger's face or Cornette hit Luger with the Japanese flag, give the guy a bit of protection rather than eating 5 Banzai drops in a row.

While I'm almost certain the Benoit-free GAB 1990 will win the PYBO poll, July 2nd has come and gone with WWE.com not updating anything related to 24/7 OnDemand.

yea i noticed they havent updated their 24/7 section yet, i hope they add the new MNW or i am gonna be really pissed, BTW besides that what else is gonna be added, and i checked my Big Ones and the readded WM 23, i already have the DVD and watched it, so if someone watches it, let us know if they cut the Benoit/MVP match

They readded WM23? Neat.

I believe this week is supposed to be new MNW, PrimeTime, History of ECW, and swapping out the Dusty vs Flair/Bossman matches for two different matches (listed as "AWA Tag Match" and "Bunkhouse Stampede"). Here's hoping the AWA tag match is Dusty/Murdoch vs Don Muraco and... damn, I'm having a memory lapse and can't remember his name, but he's really good. Billy Robinson? Anyway, they showed that match from 1977 in September last year and it's really good especially when you consider the time period. Don is unrecognizable.

I have never lost it(wm23)..and I have comcast.