TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest flairfan

July WWE 24/7 Discussion

WWE 24/7 Online just plopped this on their site today:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

WWE's Red, White & Bruised: Hosted by Sgt. Slaughter

July 1, 2007 | Approx. run time: 24 mins. Celebrate America's heroes, courtesy of Sgt. Slaughter. The WWE Legend brings together some of America's finest moments in sports-entertainment: Jim Duggan vs. The Iron Sheik, Sgt. Slaughter vs. General Adnan & Col. Mustafa and Hulk Hogan vs. Nikolai Volkoff in a Flag Match.

Exclusive special only available on WWE 24/7 Online.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Fun little special they threw on there. As always Monsoon/Heenan were tremendous during the Slaughter vs Mustafa/Adnan MSG match.

Monsoon: The two of them together couldn't get locked up!

Heenan: Yes they could! . . . I mean they can do whatever they want.

Surprisingly, those 3 matches and a Kelly Kelly 7/4/2006 Expose were all shown in their entirety despite it only being 24 minutes so nothing dragged.

Though I doubt they intend to, WWE has gradually come off as not giving a rat's ass about their growing 24/7 subscribers. In the 11 months I've had it, they went from monthly schedules to wrong schedules to no schedules. Now they're not even bothering with the preview schedule.

For those wondering, I just fast forwarded through Nitro on the MNW that was just uploaded today, and the McMichael / Benoit vs. Chavo / Jarrett match from this 2/10/97 was very much edited completely off. Oh well, there's one less show I will need to tape on here. I can deal with edited music, but entire segments missing makes it worthless to me. Maybe I should just track down one of those shifty eBay dealers who sells the entire set of shows.

I can't imagine taping entire runs of Nitro/Raw in the first place. Quite frankly, those shows aren't interesting enough for me to watch at all. Soap opera approaches to wrestling make it more interesting in the present, but it does not age well.

I didn't even get MNW or ECW (or WM23), I thought maybe they were still holding them back.

I was right about the Dusty AWA tag match though (though I said 77 when it's from 73).

Guest CookieMueller

Comcast user here. Benoit was edited out of MNW for me too. It wasn't a great match, but I would've liked to have seen the Flair/Anderson interview that followed it.

Only have a new Prime Time and two Dusty matches and that's it. I basically got nothing in my menus.

TV : Prime Time, the NWA and WCCW shows.

Big Ones : GAB and a MSG show

Legends : The Dusty stuff and Hacksaw video.

- I know they don't want to show Benoit as much as they can, but it's not like you can erase him completely from History and pretend he never existed. Does that mean that there won't be anymore Horsemen, the best-of-seven series never happened and there will be gaps between championship reigns because the tiltle was "vacant" ? Wrestlemania XX was the blow-off between Shawn Michaels and HHH, there were only three Radicalz ?

- Save from the Tower of Doom, the Great American Bash was a really good show from top to bottom. The style of wresltling was so different than what we see in the old 1985 shows, where something like a flying forearm or an armbar could finish a match. How and when did the style change ? Was the slower pace used only in squash matches and, for the marquee matches, they went full throttle ?

- Speaking of this week NWA show....Big Mama....uck, her boob job makes Chyna's look like a masterpiece of modern science.

You still have the 5 shorties from last week though, right?

With the Benoit thing, I don't know if they're only temporary erasing him or what the story is there. Maybe by 2008 he'll be appearing on TV again, maybe not. That will make the Radicalz themed episodes of the MNW (which on this timeline won't be airing until like, 2012) weird if they still are erasing him in 5 years.

you know...I'm not a huge Benoit fan or anything, but I really REALLY hate edited videos...I don't know why, but it REALLY bugs me when they do that. This is really shitty considering Benoit was in almost every major show since 1995. Regardless of what he did in the "real world", we wrestling fans shouldn't have to suffer and lose his WRESTLING legacy.

Guest heyguesswhatidid

My WM 23 has the Benoit Vs. MVP match.

but I didn't get MNW's

I have cablevision.

Oh, and I just got MNW at 4pm it was here.

The information about next month is so vague especially since I already knew that was the theme due to a commercial on one of the videos already up. I really, really hope this is because they're scrambling on what to do in the wake of the Benoit thing and not because, like I mentioned above, they are showing contempt towards their own subscribers.

On that note, everyone vote for Summerslam 1994. I want to tape that.

I bet they show SS 92 next month, since they pimp the hell out of that show. GAB 1990 as well keeps getting shown every summer.

The Benoit on 24/7 thing isn't a big deal....yet. Editing off some lame tag match won't be missed by anyone but the die hards, especially when it is during the now creepy Benoit/Woman/Sullivan angle. But as I said elsewhere, what happens when the Horsemen start feuding with the NWO? Are they going to just ignore this entirely? Are we not going to have Flair and Arn on these shows? It's idiocy.

I got that new ECW show that covers N2R 95 and the Taz heel (?) turn.

The information about next month is so vague especially since I already knew that was the theme due to a commercial on one of the videos already up. I really, really hope this is because they're scrambling on what to do in the wake of the Benoit thing and not because, like I mentioned above, they are showing contempt towards their own subscribers.

On that note, everyone vote for Summerslam 1994. I want to tape that.

And deny the world Koko B. Ware's only Summerslam appearance?

If I cared to vote for anything, I'd probably vote for Summerslam '91. When it comes to old WWF PPVs, I've seen all of them, without exaggeration, dozens of times. My basis for picking Summerslam '91 is that it was the first PPV I ever ordered and have probably seen that as many times, if not more than any other wrestling show. In other words, I want to see it with a decent picture and not my used and abused VHS from the 1991 taping.

On a semi-related note, as hyped as Bret/Owen II is, I found it incredibly lethargic for what the two were capable of. A lot of type devoted to escaping the cage, but little of that was really all that suspenseful. I did love Neidhart clotheslining DBS from behind to knock him OUT of the audienece and over the guardrail.

I really have a soft spot for SS91. Faces won every important match, the crowd was hot, Monsoon/Piper/Heenan were on the money. Plus, at the time Bret Hart upsetting Mr Perfect for the IC Title was the biggest markout moment I can remember watching live on TV. Then, that was trumped by Virgil winning the Million Dollar Belt from Ted DiBiase.

I like 91 the best but I lack a copy of 88 or 94.

I was happy to come home and find MNW and ECW available. I think it's silly to call MNW worthless just because Benoit is currently being edited - it's still my favourite nostalgia trip.

I'll vote for '94, solely because it was the first pay per view I ever ordered (well my parents ordered for me, more accurately)

I'd like to say I ordered it for Bret-Owen in a steel cage but I ordered it for Undertaker Vs Undertaker. I wanted to see how they pulled it off and you know what? I enjoyed that match as a six year old mark.

Jesus, the Bunkhouse Stampede was a stupid concept. Points for trying to be creative, but the concept is so contrived when you ask why anyone would allow themselves to get into a position where they could be thrown OVER the top of the cage.

Guest CookieMueller
Did anyone else's Raw completely reset to the start of Raw after the 1st commercial break?

Yes, mine did too.

Guest flairfan

well, I have Comcast and the only thing new I got this week was MNW(Benoit Edited OUT) and the new ECW show. However, I didnt get the new Dusty Matches. They took off the 2 that was there, but didnt replace them. Oh, I never got Mania 23, but I have the DVD, so I didnt care. but still, they should freakin post what they say they are going to post. Its sad we have to worry each week about whether we are going to get all our updates.

Oh, I'm going to vote for SummerSlam 91 for next months PPV. Its the best of the 3.

I'll vote for '94, solely because it was the first pay per view I ever ordered (well my parents ordered for me, more accurately)

I'd like to say I ordered it for Bret-Owen in a steel cage but I ordered it for Undertaker Vs Undertaker. I wanted to see how they pulled it off and you know what? I enjoyed that match as a six year old mark.

You also had Diesel vs. Razor Ramon, which is fun to look back on just for the novelty of it. I thought SummerSlam '94 as a whole was a pretty solid show.

Slowly but surely, ECW and MNW showed up this morning. Still don't have the legends rountable or WM 23 but it's not that big of a deal since I taped the PPV when I ordered it. However, I didn't get the recent PPVs for two months in a row. Next month is Backlash, I hope that Cogeco will get their shit together by this time since I heard this show was pretty good.

Has there been any choices for the PYBO for next month ? I always wanted to see Summerslam '97 since, when it originally aired, I skipped over it because I was saving money for a Nintendo 64 and it pissed me off to no end at the time. So go Summerslam '97 ! :lol:

Slowly but surely, ECW and MNW showed up this morning. Still don't have the legends rountable or WM 23 but it's not that big of a deal since I taped the PPV when I ordered it. However, I didn't get the recent PPVs for two months in a row. Next month is Backlash, I hope that Cogeco will get their shit together by this time since I heard this show was pretty good.

Has there been any choices for the PYBO for next month ? I always wanted to see Summerslam '97 since, when it originally aired, I skipped over it because I was saving money for a Nintendo 64 and it pissed me off to no end at the time. So go Summerslam '97 ! :lol:

It's between '88, '91 and '94.

IMO, there isn't a bad pick in the bunch. '88 is the weakest but most 80s PPVs are good for nostalgia and it has plenty of memorable moments. '91 is a show that might not be great from a workrate perspective (Outside of the awesome IC title match obviously) but is a hell of a lot of fun. '94 is a bit underrated and is really only marred by the silly main event and a boring as hell Lex Luger-Tatanka match.