TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ROH: 6/22 (Dayton) and 6/23 (Chicago-PPV Taping)

Dayton

NOAH All Stars Vs ROH All Stars

Takeshi Morishima and Naomichi Marufuji Vs Bryan Danielson and Nigel McGuinness

KENTA Vs Rocky Romero

World Tag Team Title Match

Jay and Mark Briscoe Vs Matt Sydal and Claudio Castagnoli

Grudge Tag Team Match

Matt Cross and Erick Stevens Vs Roderick Strong and Davey Richards

Gauntlet Series

Delirious, Chris Hero, Jimmy Rave, Adam Pearce, Primeau

NO DQ Rules

Brent Albright Vs BJ Whitmer

Lacey W/ Jimmy Jacobs Vs Serena Deeb

Kevin Steen and El Generico Vs Irish Airborne

Chicago (PPV)

World Title Match *Not confirmed*

Takeshi Morishima Vs Jimmy Rave

Bryan Danielson Vs KENTA *Not on PPV*

World Tag Team Title Match

Jay and Mark Briscoe Vs Kevin Steen and El Generico

Grudge Match

Nigel McGuinness Vs Chris Hero *Not on PPV*

Special Challenge

Naomichi Marufuji Vs BJ Whitmer

Lacey and Rain Vs Daizee Haze and MsChif

Also appearing

Roderick Strong, Davey Richards, Matt Cross, Erick Stevens, Matt Sydal, Delirious, Brent Albright, Primeau, Adam Pearce W/ Hagadorn

It seems odd to me that they're keeping two of the strongest matchs from the Chicago card off the PPV. What's the reasoning behind this?

They already have Danielson-Nigel from 6/9 on the PPV for that edition, so that covers it. It's a move to get people to buy both PPV's and each DVD instead of just one. Gabe confirmed it was a schedule snafu and it'll be corrected in the future.

Results from Dayton via ROH boards:

Pre-Show Matches:

Bobby Dempsey and Dingo defeat Alex "Sugarfoot"Payne and Osiris when Dempsey hits the DVD for the win.

Mitch Franklin defeats Jon Moxley with a hurricanrana!!

Also have received word that ROH's return to Dayton is on November 30th

Main-Show Matches:

Kevin Steen and El Generico defeat Irish Airborne with the Package Piledriver and Brainbuster Combo.

Gauntlet Match is up now.

Match starts with Rave agnaist Pelle-Rave wins with heel hook

Delirious pins Rave

Delirious wins in seconds over Adam Pearce

Hero pins Delirious with a twisting cravate DDT

Brent Albright beats BJ Whitmer when Albright shifts his weight on an exploder thru a table.Violent as hell!!After the match BJ snaps and attacks Mitch Franklin.

A little side note Austin Aries is sitting front row as a fan.

Roderick Strong and Davey Richards defeat Erick Stevens and Matt Cross when Roddy hits a tiger driver on Erick Stevens after Roddy cuts a promo on Aries who was not booked they cut Roddy's mic and Aries walks out!!

INTERMISSION!!

Lacey defeats Serena Deeb with a implant DDT after Rain distracts Serena.Daizee saves Serena.MHWC hug and it was hot!!

Kenta defeats Rocky Romero with Go 2 Sleep in an awesome match after Davey turns on Kenta.Delirious and The Resilience make the save.

Bryan Danielson & Nigel McGuinness defeat ROH World Champion Takeshi Morishima & Naomichi Marufuji when Nigel hits the rebound lariat on Morishima for the win.Match Of The Night so far!!

Attendance is up 600 to 700 people!!

ROH World Tag Team Title Match- 2/3 Falls

Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Matt Sydal & Claudio Castagnoli is up now!!Sydal and Claudio looking like a legimate team!!

First fall goes to The Briscoes when Mark hits a moonsault on Matt Sydal.

Second fall goes To The Briscoes when Mark hits Claudio with a cut throat driver for the win and still ROH World Tag Team Champions The Briscoes in what was described as a great match.

SHOW OVER!!

some people would say ROH is burying tag teams having the Briscoes dominating in 2/3 falls matches, but i see it as more of a way to establish as a dominant team

Just a fantastic show. The Aries-Strong confrontation was intense. Fuji/Shima-Danielson/Nigel was tremendous with incredible heat. Rocky-KENTA was probably the best match of the night. Main event was a let-down, especially following the previouis tag match but likely will hold up better on tape.

Steenerico-IA was a decent comedy opener, the gauntlet was a bit of a chore to get through although Delirious went Ultimate Warrior on Rave and pinned him in seconds. The NO DQ match was passable but we've seen better brawls between these two. No Remorse-Stevens/Cross was solid with a hot finish and the aforementioned Aries segment was quite exciting. I was within earshot of Aries and he had said while walking to his seat after the opener "I'm here for a real wrestling show" and openly criticized TNA to fans nearby.

The SHIMMER match did it's purpose and got the crowd rolling after intermission. The finish to the international tag match was just off the wall.

From ROH boards:

Austin Aries is in attendance tonight sitting in General Admission.

New setup a large set of bleachers across from hard camera side.This should look great on PPV.

Also have received word that ROH will return to Chicago on Saturday September 15th.

Pre-show match:

Alex "Sugarfoot"Payne and Ernie Osiris defeats Mitch Franklin and Dingo when Sugarfoot pins Dingo.

Main show is scheduled to start at 7:45pm which is 8:45 pm eastern time!!

PPV Taping begins...Dave Prazak comes out and gets the crowd pumped for the PPV...Delirious and The Resilience come out and demand a 6-man tag with the NRC.The 6-man tag between Delirious and The Resilience taking on The No Remorse Core kicks off the show.

NRC defeats The Resilience when Davey Richards pins Matt Cross with the DR driver...Aries attacks the NRC and cuts a tremendous promo.He signs his ROH contract in the ring!!!

Matt Sydal vs. Claudio Castagnoli is up now!!Claudio pins Sydal by flipping through a hurracanranna into a powerbomb.Insane Move!!

Sweeney and company are in the ring.They offer a contract to Sydal.Claudio tells Matt not to do it.Claudio rips up the contract.Sydal attacks Claudio and says he is joining up with Sweeney and company.

BJ Whitmer vs. Naomichi Marafuji is up now!!Naomichi Marafuji defeats BJ Whitmer with sliced bread #2.

Brent Albright vs. Pelle Primeau is up now.Brent Albright defeats Pelle Primeau via crowbar in under 5 minutes.Total squash!!

ROH World Champion Takeshi Morishima defends his title agnaist Jimmy Rave is up now!!ROH World Champion Takeshi Morishima defeats Jimmy Rave with the backdrop driver.Total Squash!!

ROH World Tag Team Champions Mark and Jay Briscoe vs. Kevin Steen and El Generico is up now!!The Briscoes defeat Steen and Generico when The Briscoes hit the Spike Jaydriller on Generico.After the match Steen attacks The Briscoes with a ladder after the match.

3rd PPV to be taped on September 15th in Chicago.

INTERMISSION

Intermission Over.SHIMMER Tag Team Match

Lacey & Rain w/ Jimmy Jacobs vs. Daizee Haze & MsChif is up now.The Minnesota Home Wrecking Crew of Lacey and Rain defeat Daizee Haze and MsChif with a double team Unprettier.

Nigel McGuiness vs. Chris Hero is up now!!Message board is acting very weird right now it's crashing then it's back up don't know what to make of it.Nigel defeats Hero via Tower Of London after Claudio chases off Sweeney and company.

Pearce comes out cuts a promo ripping on Chicago and issues an open challenge and is answered by ROH World Champion Takeshi Morishima.Morishima vs.Pearce for the ROH World Title is up now!!ROH World Champion Takeshi Morishima defeats Adam Pearce via backdrop driver then he gave Shane Hagadorn one too and pinned him too.

It's main event time.Danielson vs.Kenta is up now!!Kenta defeats Bryan Danielson with Go 2 Sleep!!Awesome Match!!Show Over!!

Attendance was approximately around 1000 people!!

sounds like a good show although they are really pushin it taping 6 matches for a 2 hour PPV 7 if you count the Nigel/Danielson they recorded a couple weeks ago, i could see them cutting out the squash matches, interestng twist in making Sydal a heel, and i wonder what will happen with the Aries situation especially if he's still under contract to TNA

They won't include the entire show. Expect the Morishima matches, the opening tag, and Sydal/Claudio. The Morishima matches combined don't exceed 15 minutes. That's 6 matches for the two hour show.

Some might complain about Morishima squashing three guys in one night but I won't.

They won't include the entire show. Expect the Morishima matches, the opening tag, and Sydal/Claudio. The Morishima matches combined don't exceed 15 minutes. That's 6 matches for the two hour show.

Some might complain about Morishima squashing three guys in one night but I won't.

i dont know i would think they would want to put on the tag title match on the show, and i think people would get burned out on Morishima very quickly, i think the show will go like this:

NRC vs Resilience/Delirious

Sydal/Claudio

Albright/Pelle

Morishima/Pearce

Steen/Generico vs Briscoes

Nigel/Danielson

Is the Nigel/Danielson match any good?

That's a stupid question. I mean, is it as good as their matches last year?

NRC vs Resilience/Delirious

Sydal/Claudio

Albright/Pelle

Morishima/Pearce

Steen/Generico vs Briscoes

Nigel/Danielson

...yeesh, what an underwhelming PPV. ROH already had major roadblocks between them and success on this puppy: the different PPV airdates on different cable companies, the seeming complete lack of a marketing campaign, so forth and so on. And now they come out with a flat, standard, Non Bigtime Show card like that? I care nothing whatsoever about seeing half of those matches. Compared to all the hype and planning that went into something like Barely Legal, this looks more like the WOW ppv instead.

They could all be very good matches though.

They might be, but that doesn't change the fact that I couldn't care less about the Adam Pearces and Pelle Primeaus of the world. Why not have Morishima wrestle someone who actually had a shot in hell at winning the belts? Why not have any big blowoffs to any of their ongoing angles? Why not have any fuckin' swerves or surprises (besides Austin Aries, who means absolutely zero to casual wrestling fans)? They didn't do anything special. It was booked like Just Another Show instead of the spectacular blowaway supershow that a company's first outing on PayPerView needs to be.

They didn't do anything special. It was booked like Just Another Show instead of the spectacular blowaway supershow that a company's first outing on PayPerView needs to be.

Perhaps they feel the need, that since they are not on TV, it would be better to build towards a super show that would do a better buy rate.

OR maybe Gabe was being very literal when he said this was just another avenue to promote the company and not much more.

I'm still bummed the KENTA match isn't going to be on the PPV. That Nigel match better be great.

They might be, but that doesn't change the fact that I couldn't care less about the Adam Pearces and Pelle Primeaus of the world. Why not have Morishima wrestle someone who actually had a shot in hell at winning the belts? Why not have any big blowoffs to any of their ongoing angles? Why not have any fuckin' swerves or surprises (besides Austin Aries, who means absolutely zero to casual wrestling fans)? They didn't do anything special. It was booked like Just Another Show instead of the spectacular blowaway supershow that a company's first outing on PayPerView needs to be.

Um...this is their 2nd PPV taping. The first one was in NYC.

Dames

Jingus, were have you been? ROH's first PPV was made very well known about a good month prior to its taping at the Manhattan Center, which is why TNA pulled their guys right away.

As for promotion, its mostly been done on the internet since they don't have a TV show, but for the most part, almost everyone knew that it was taped 5/12 and its going to air July 1.

Dames

Jingus, were have you been?

In early May? In transit between Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, and Texas. I got to drive right through the giant smoke cloud from those wildfires, from Savannah to Jacksonville the stench of burning wood never let up. Kinda took my mind away from wrestling.

Um...this is their 2nd PPV taping. The first one was in NYC.

Dames

Oh my God!! He's Alive!!