TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

I don't follow wrestling anymore but I did a double take when I saw this on the top of the front page.

Holy crap.

And a triple homicide or murder/suicide would be national, CNN-type news.

I just found out after logging into the chat channel.

This just plain sucks. Out of everyone in pro wrestling, not that anyone would deserve something so horrible to happen, but definitely not Chris Benoit and his family. Just awful news.

MORE DETAILS ON DEATH OF CHRIS BENOIT & family

By: Bob Ryder

6/25/2007 6:36:57 PM

Details remain very sketchy regarding the tragic news today that Chris Benoit and his family were found dead at their Atlanta area home.

Benoit had been scheduled to appear on a WWE house show on Saturday. Sources tell us Benoit called to first say he would be taking a later flight, and then to say he would not be attending the house show due to a family illness. According to one source, Benoit said both his wife and son were throwing up blood and he needed to stay to take care of them.

At last night's Vengeance pay-per-view, Benoit was replaced in his match by Johnny Nitro.

No other details are available at this time and police are on the scene at the Benoit residence investigating

Has anyone seen any news places report on this yet? This seems like something that would get some kind of news mention.

MORE DETAILS ON DEATH OF CHRIS BENOIT & family

By: Bob Ryder

6/25/2007 6:36:57 PM

Details remain very sketchy regarding the tragic news today that Chris Benoit and his family were found dead at their Atlanta area home.

Benoit had been scheduled to appear on a WWE house show on Saturday. Sources tell us Benoit called to first say he would be taking a later flight, and then to say he would not be attending the house show due to a family illness. According to one source, Benoit said both his wife and son were throwing up blood and he needed to stay to take care of them.

At last night's Vengeance pay-per-view, Benoit was replaced in his match by Johnny Nitro.

No other details are available at this time and police are on the scene at the Benoit residence investigating

That sounds like poisoning of some kind. If it was, it must have been something really bad to affect Benoit so quickly.

This doesn't make any sense. It hasn't been picked up by any news sites. If this is a murder/suicide then the WWE shouldn't be doing a tribute show tonight. That would be like the Bills having a ceremony for O.J.

Don't click on the Raw page for awhile if your feeling nauseous (still has the McMahon memorial)

I hate this company.

Yeah, I noticed that shit too. Fucking disgusting

A tremendous loss to the sport. He was the best wrestler alive in my opinion and I'm sure he would have gone on to do great things as an agent or trainer. I'm really having a hard time getting this to sink in, it's probably the last thing I was expecting to read today, and when I saw the thread I figured it was one of those pranks people like to pull. His whole family? Jesus. I don't want to speculate on the circumstances out of respect, but with him not being at the PPV last night and the news just coming out right now it seems really suspicious.

RIP Crippler, RIP Woman, my prayers go out to their family and friends.

Fuck.

i have yet to see any mention on the local atlanta news for the last half hour and now its going off. I dont understand it

again two news sites for atlanta

www.wsbtv.com

www.myfoxatlanta.com

Anyone know how old his son was?

7 or 8. So tragic.

Benoit had two other children from his first marriage.

the torch says one was in canada but PWI says all 4 are dead

LOOKING NUMBLY AT THE PASSING OF CHRIS BENOIT

by Dave Scherer @ 6:55:00 PM on 6/25/2007

It's no secret to anyone who reads this site that by the time that the early 1990s had come around, I wasn't the biggest fan in the world of the product that the WWF and WCW were producing and I turned to the Japanese tape trading market to get my fix of hot wrestling action. I still vividly remember, just like it was yesterday, seeing this amazing young Junior Heavyweight in a mask named The Pegasus Kid and telling myself I needed to see more this amazing young wrestler.

Of course, we later got to know him as Chris Benoit.

Seeing him wrestle just once I immediately knew that I had to get my hands on any tape that had any matches featuring this amazing, flying technician on it. I even pointed my 10 foot satellite dish southward to Mexico in hopes of catching him on any broadcast where he appeared while he was in between tours of Japan. Seeing someone like him do his fantastic reassured me that the wrestling business, despite not being in the best of shape here in the US, was certainly alive and well outside our borders. In a lot of ways, seeing guys like him do what they do kept my faith in and hope for the business alive.

Later he came to ECW, his first real exposure in the US as a big time star. He had worked for WCW before, but in ECW he was presented as what he had become, one of the best wrestlers in the world. I still remember the night of the first ECW fan convention in 1995 at The Flagstaff in Jim Thorpe, PA where, with a wink, he made reference to the ring to a bunch of "Internet F***heads", only to be mildly surprised when calling the group that actually got a pop. It was a changing time in the US wrestling business and Benoit was a central figure in it.

He left ECW and went to WCW on one of the first big money deals that guys his size would have never gotten before. He later left WCW, with his Radicals brethren, for the WWF when the group decided that they would rather walk away from big money deals in Atlanta where they may be booked poorly to try their hand up in Stamford. They literally put their money where their mouth was. Once there, he did something most people in and around the business never thought would happen, he tasted championship gold. Through it all, Chris Benoit was, in addition to being an amazing worker, truly a revolutionary force in the business.

Today, far before his time, this fine man and incredible professional wrestler, as well as his family, are dead.

Honestly, I don't know what to say. I am truly numb right now. I have all the same questions that all of you do. What happened? How could it have happened? Jesus, how the hell could this happen? In the coming hours and days, we will find all of that out. But right now, I am numb. And sad. And just absolutely shocked at the news.

A husband, father and son is dead, as is his family. We can wonder how it happened and try to make sense of it, but in the end it's fruitless. Four people have died well before their time and it just shouldn't have happened. Whatever the reason is, it's a senseless tragedy.

Tonight on Raw, a stunned group of people in WWE will pay tribute to the man and his legacy. We will all respect that and show our appreciation for the man. I still can't believe that we have to though. This has truly left me numb. I am sorry if this came across as rambling but I just don't know what else to say. Rest in peace Chris and family. If you can hear us, know you will be missed because you most certainly will be.

I've never been this upset at a wrestler's death before. Owen died when I was in 5th grade and just getting into wrestling so it didn't really mean much to me. Eddie's death was shocking but we all knew he had issues with alcohol and such that would catch up to him eventually so even that was believable to me within the first few minutes after I read it. But I still am in complete shock over the loss of Benoit and his family. I'm not a Benoit mark and his lack of charisma on the mic kind of kept me from ever really being a huge, huge fan of his, but I have so much respect for his athletic ability and what he has done for younger superstars over the past few years. I am visibly shaken up right now and I have no idea what they are going to do now regarding the McMahon angle. I hope to God tonight is a true tribute to Benoit show with no McMahon shit AT ALL or I also will quit watching completely. RIP.

After this week's WWE shows I seriously have to try and stop watching wrestling because I get so attached to watching these people everyweek then when one dies it's like a member of my family has died.

That sounds like poisoning of some kind. If it was, it must have been something really bad to affect Benoit so quickly.

I think maybe they died, and Benoit couldn't go on and commited suicide. Obviousy, I hope he just got sick as well, but it possible he killed himself.