TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

I just can't watch it tonight. It's just too much.

Guys like Benoit and Eddy were the main reasons I got into wrestling back in 1995. I just remember being amazed at Chris, always rooting for him, even when I started watching as a mark.

When Eddy died, a bit of my interest in wrestling died. I still watched, but it just felt like a huge chunk of it was gone.

Now, I don't know when I'll watch again. I know I will someday, but that's someday. It's feels like all the purpose for watching has died.

My thoughts are out to those who knew him and loved him, and those who were fans of his. There will never be another Chris Benoit.

RIP Chris.

BTW, I changed my sig out of respect.

Im watching 11 alive news Atlanta and they havent mentioned anything just yet

Yeah it's odd. Not that I'm doubting the report (I'm going to assume that not even the E would do something as classless as faking a tragedy like this) but I haven't found anything on any of the web sites for either Atlanta or Edmonton news outlets. You'd think this would cause some ripple in the media.

It's been what, an hour, since WWE broke the news? It's conceivable that the local news outlets haven't picked up on it yet, or don't have enough information to go with a story. I'd wait until the 11 o'clock news.

Seriously this world just fucking sucks. I realize "its just wrestling" but who cares. This was an amazing man and a great athlete. I am just torn up about this whole thing. I had one of those weird feelings this afternoon and never imagined I would read this today. Blessings to those members of his family still here.

He did a lot in his life, more than most who lived twice as long. He still deserved to be around stretching aspiring wrestlers in his 60's, though. I don't want to know the details of what happened, because there are some frightening possibilities, but at the same time, it's hard not to turn to WO.com every other second to see if there are any updates.

I only met Benoit once, and I choked and didn't stay around to chat it up. Something I regret. That's a man with stories that are now lost, and worse, his kid didn't have a chance to come up with his own. So much lost possibilities. A tragedy.

This doesn't make any sense. It hasn't been picked up by any news sites. If this is a murder/suicide then the WWE shouldn't be doing a tribute show tonight. That would be like the Bills having a ceremony for O.J.

I agree, and I hope it's not a murder-suicide...

I stated this on another message board, but: I have a bad fucking feeling that Chris or Nancy did something horrible last night. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Hopefully, I am wrong.

This is some rumblings on the Something Awful forums that Raw is cancelled tonight and that fans are filing out of the arena. It'll be a clip show, presumably.

A clip show? That fucking sucks. You know WHY it's a clip show though; it's a clip show because there's a good chance the live crowd would think the whole deal is a work like the Vince thing and subsequently shit on it in a pseudo-smarky way. Gah.

I guess it's one thing when you have a whole day to process a death like Owen's or Eddie's but this was just within the last hour or so. There's probably no way you can really do a tribute show justice, I suppose.

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS.

Why?

That pretty much sums it up for me.

Local news is finally catching on. this is from channel 2's site. i was so hoping this was just a big mistake.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13567642/detail.html

YETTE COUNTY, Ga. -- Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their Fayette County home Monday.

Benoit is a World Wrestling Entertainment wrestler.

Officials said the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

Benoit was found dead in his home, along with his wife and his son.

Benoit was 40 years old.

Watch Channel 2 Action News for updates on this developing story.

Not to start a thing, but can we stop with the "McMahon Angle" nonsense? A family is dead. One of the best to lace up a pair of boots is dead. Let's leave the petty stuff for another time; they are a stupid, insensitive, immoral company, we all know - let's focus on the fact that Chris Benoit is no longer with us, and the fact that he left a history that was nothing short of awe-inspiring. A true underdog who is as much a testimony for hard work and dedication as any other in both literature and life.

Not to start a thing, but can we stop with the "McMahon Angle" nonsense? A family is dead. One of the best to lace up a pair of boots is dead. Let's leave the petty stuff for another time; they are a stupid, insensitive, immoral company, we all know - let's focus on the fact that Chris Benoit is no longer with us, and the fact that he left a history that was nothing short of awe-inspiring. A true underdog who is as much a testimony for hard work and dedication as any other in both literature and life.

Here here, bro.

This doesn't make sense. How does his wife and kid coughing up blood lead to his death?

This is pure speculation, but maybe they were already dead at that point, and Chris was contemplating taking his own life?... God I have a sick feeling about this being murder-suicide. :(