TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Atlanta police do have a track record for being completely off. Remember when they outed and arrested Richard Jewell as guy who bombed the 1996 Olympics and he turned out to have absolutely nothing to do with it?

Just sayin.

Wasn't that the FBI?

but now I'm finding out that Christ might've killed his wife and kid. He was a great wrestler but this piece of news truly changes my opinion and respect of him as a human being.

He wasn't that good a wrestler

Who? Chris or Christ?

Are you trying to say Jesus Christ couldn't hit a chinlock?

God no-showed that match against Vince.

there has to be some way we can all rationalize this so we won't all have to burn our chris benoit dvds.

This is totally ridiculous. If he did the unthinkable, he should still be payed the same love and respect as both his wife and son. We don't know the circumstances behind the incident, but if he did, it is reasonable to assume that there was something seriously wrong with him under the surface.

All this talk of Benoit not getting into the HoF and ripping down posters is nonsense.

And on that note, if the personal stuff continues to fly this will be closed.

Personal attacks are bad, but you can make jokes about a double murder suicide?

If you can't laugh about a little boy being murdered by a parent then what can't you laugh at?

Not someone making a personal attack apparently

Guest cobainwasmurdered
I'm beginning to think they should cancel the Smackdown and ECW tapings tomorrow night, and not show anything at all this week. Let the investigation run its course, give all the wrestlers a period to recoup and cope with what's happened, and restart again on Monday. If Benoit is ruled to be the one responsible for his wife and son's deaths, I don't think it would be too difficult for the WWE to explain tonight's tribute, seeing how they didn't know much at the time, and had to scramble to put something together.

As to how much people on the inside actually were aware of, that's something I'm actually morbidly curious about...

Whether he did murder them, or it was an accident. Benoit still deserves a tribute. He may have become unstable, and yes the WWE should make a statement disclaiming what Benoit did was wrong, but he was a friend to everyone backstage, and what happened was not the real Chris Benoit everyone knew on the road.

You're saying that even if it was found that he killed his own wife and son, that he should STILL get a tribute. You must be smoking some good shit. That would be like Rae Carruth in the NFL. Give me a fuckin break, and wake up.

IF he killed his family he was OBVIOUSLY mentally disturbed. He deserves to be remembered for his contributions and should serve as a reminder that anyone can snap.

there has to be some way we can all rationalize this so we won't all have to burn our chris benoit dvds.

Easy way to rationalize: I paid money for it. Not like he killed me or anything.

disgusting

This is totally ridiculous. If he did the unthinkable, he should still be payed the same love and respect as both his wife and son. We don't know the circumstances behind the incident, but if he did, it is reasonable to assume that there was something seriously wrong with him under the surface.

C-Bacon's awesome

I truly feel bad about the tragedy but these jokes are killing me.

Don't kill anybody...

I'm beginning to think they should cancel the Smackdown and ECW tapings tomorrow night, and not show anything at all this week. Let the investigation run its course, give all the wrestlers a period to recoup and cope with what's happened, and restart again on Monday. If Benoit is ruled to be the one responsible for his wife and son's deaths, I don't think it would be too difficult for the WWE to explain tonight's tribute, seeing how they didn't know much at the time, and had to scramble to put something together.

As to how much people on the inside actually were aware of, that's something I'm actually morbidly curious about...

Whether he did murder them, or it was an accident. Benoit still deserves a tribute. He may have become unstable, and yes the WWE should make a statement disclaiming what Benoit did was wrong, but he was a friend to everyone backstage, and what happened was not the real Chris Benoit everyone knew on the road.

You're saying that even if it was found that he killed his own wife and son, that he should STILL get a tribute. You must be smoking some good shit. That would be like Rae Carruth in the NFL. Give me a fuckin break, and wake up.

IF he killed his family he was OBVIOUSLY mentally disturbed. He deserves to be remembered for his contributions and should serve as a reminder that anyone can snap.

Obviously huh? If it makes you feel better to assume that the man was mentally disturbed than feel fre to think that. There is no OBVIOUSLY though. Unless he was diagnosed professionally then it's only speculation.

seriously to those making jokes and what not get your head out of your collective assholes, its a crying shame when people make jokes out of people dying in horrible situations

And on that note, if the personal stuff continues to fly this will be closed.

Personal attacks are bad, but you can make jokes about a double murder suicide?

Funny how that works.

There's a difference between commenting on a news event and slinging mud towards the people you're talking to. If we looked at the former, this would be closed long ago.

Of all the pro wrestlers in the world, Chris Benoit would have to be one of the LAST that anybody would expect to be capable of something like this. Just goes to show you what anyone is capable of.

I'll second the person that said the only thing that separates everyone else is control.

Now obviously not knowing anything about Benoit's personal life and even , if any, psychiatric history, I really have to wonder if a 'Roid rage or 'roid related psychosis/depression played any part of this.

All this talk of Benoit not getting into the HoF and ripping down posters is nonsense.

i agree. chris benoit has been nothing but an first class citizen. nancy, on the other hand, is a notorious two-timer. based on character alone, that bitch set him off.

pete rose got denied for gambling. benoit will for murdering his son.

i'll indiscriminately debunk chris benoit as an individual while mocking his cowardice. jokes will apply.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Obviously huh? If it makes you feel better to assume that the man was mentally disturbed than feel fre to think that. There is no OBVIOUSLY though. Unless he was diagnosed professionally then it's only speculation.

Mentally stable people don't kill anyone, much less their spouse and child.

WXIA-TV out of Atlanta, Georgia is reporting that the deaths of the Benoit family are being investigated as a double murder-suicide. A source from the Atlanta media says Benoit is being looked at as the probable perpetrator, and that his wife Nancy and his son may have been dead before today. Autopsies on Tuesday morning will help pinpoint the causes and times of death.

You can read the complete story from WXIA-TV at this link.

Furthermore, WAGA Fox 5 out of Atlanta is reporting that Benoit was found in the weight room, Nancy in her office, and the son Daniel in his bedroom. Indications, according to the report, were that Benoit was the perpetrator.

http://rajah.com/base/node/8346

I have to admit some of these jokes (admittedly in poor taste) did get a chuckle out of me. Instead of ranting at those posting them I'm looking at these jokes as a form of coping with the entire situation.

I agree with the posts about Benoit possibly killing his own son. I can see a guy who travels a lot killing his cheating wife in a domestic dispute. But the son part is what could put this in a different realm from OJ Simpson. We can joke about OJ (like the hilarious Chris Rock standup) because he actually was found not guilty, even if there is a 95% chance he did do it. Also, the victims in the OJ case were his ex wife and her "friend/lover" that were on some levels not especially sympathetic. If OJ had killed one of his kids as well, we would look at it differently.

As far as WWE goes, where do they go from here? If this story is true, the media is going to trash WWE big time and it might cause a severe downturn in business. They certainly should not try to mention Benoit in a storyline from now on.

You're wrong. Most people that kill ARE mentally stable. Go do some reading.

but now I'm finding out that Christ might've killed his wife and kid. He was a great wrestler but this piece of news truly changes my opinion and respect of him as a human being.

He wasn't that good a wrestler

Who? Chris or Christ?

Are you trying to say Jesus Christ couldn't hit a chinlock?

A Major League reference. You bastard.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Most people that kill aren't killing their 7 year old child. No stable person kills their child.

seriously to those making jokes and what not get your head out of your collective assholes, its a crying shame when people make jokes out of people dying in horrible situations

It really is depressing and almost angering how some people in this thread are behaving. I suppose there are more teenagers and kids on these boards than I realized.

Oh boy.

Over/Under on this thread is 42 pages.

Way over unless its locked. We hit 19 in the 1st 5 hours

It's slowing quite a bit though and there are less and less users in the thread.

Guest Virgil ate my donut

Not that I think you really care what I think, but I already did make my comment.

I feel sick right now.

Regardless of the details this is a tragedy. I only hope that the reports are wrong, not because I hope that Chris Benoit the wrestler wasn't capable, but that Chris Benoit the human being, or any human being, were not capable of this.