TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Let me just say that if this was like fuckin' Justin Credible we were talking about, nobody would be posting all these contrived theories cleared his name. People would be all, "He was Aldo Montoya for god's sake. He came out to Uncle Kracker theme music. He willingly teamed with X-Pac and Prince Albert. Of course he did it!"

Alas it's probably true.

I'm a realist, and know that one of my favorite wrestlers might have done something incredibly horrific to those he loved at one point. He will be missed in the ring, and hopefully his family and Nancy's family can find peace someday.

I'm wondering what 'instruments of death' means when it could just boil down to things that were found at the scene and could've been used as a murder weapon. Not that I'm trying to deny any involvement he may have had in this, mind you.

Beyond all the morbid stuff the last group of pages have made this thread the best here in ages. Slayer took it home with his last one, no one will top that.

Either drugs, blunt object(s) or maybe strangled her. I'm not sure if i read that they ruled that out but it seems logical it was one of those. Benoit then likely hung himself or overdosed on some sort of medicine/poisen.

I just got off the phone with a friend and really for the first time since i first learned about this story early this evening, it was the first time I hadn't thought about it. Then when I got off the phone I remembered and it just seems surreal...and unreal. I really and honestly can't believe that someone who I have respected for so long and was thought of so highly by so many of his friends/coworkers could do this. I could see in a moment of rage him snapping and killing nancy if he found out he was cheating on him or something. Indeed that is horrible in and of itself but there is at least a bit of understanding as to why.

What I can not begin to understand is how or why he could kill his son. This is what is really confusing me the most...he kills Nancy and a full day later kills his son (of course assuming the timeline that has been presented is correct). I mean he must have just totally fucking lost his mind after killing her, maybe after realizing what he did. Because no man that is reported to have loved his kid so much by his coworkers/friends could possibly do that in any normal state of mind. He had to really really lose it. If he had a sincere mental breakdown....like a loonybin type breakdown, it makes it a little less painfull to realize what has happened but not by much.

I just can't believe this has happened. ...and I sort of fear what the effects of this could be for the wrestlers and the business itself. No doubt a lot of negative light is going to be cast onto pro wrestling yet again and who knows what then.

ok they say double murder/suicide and we assume Benoit is the full on perpertrator, is it possible that Nancy killed Daniel and Chris found this out and went off and killed Nancy then realized he made a mistake then took his own life

I just looked out my window. I did not see any pigs flying. As last check, Hell has also not frozen over.

really at this point everything is mere speculation

Fuck, just go read a fucking news site. I don't think the fucking GA cops, and the DA are "speculating." They have experience, they saw the scene, the deduced what happened, and tomorrow the autopsies will confirm it.

Maybe he meant that hell not freezing over and pigs not flying was all just mere speculation at this point.

those of you making tasteless jokes when this _just_ occurred make me sick.

My roommate, her boyfriend and I were playing DOR2 right before RAW was supposed to come on tonight. Neal (roommates bf) checked out wwe.com and said 'wuh oh, someone else is dead'. He thought nothing of it, and I hate being spoiled of outcomes so I told him to shut it. When he realized this was real as we all did, something huge grew in our stomachs. We were and still are speechless. You know.. there really is nothing much to say. This is such a tragedy on so many levels. Regardless of what actually happened, we just lost someone that a lot of us admired and grew up watching. It hurts.

I got to see Chris Benoit wrestle live. I got to grow up seeing a man do what he loved to do and enjoy every second of it. It breaks my heart to know that Chris Benoit is gone. I'll miss you man.

joking about death is just a way to get power over it. Personally I hope my death is joked about. We all deal with grief differently.

How would you feel if someone made a joke about the way your child died? I can't imagine you'd just laugh along with them.

If it was some guy on a message board that I don't know? Why should I care.

I doubt that would be your opinion if someone mocked your dead child. Then again, I know people who have lost their children to disease and I can assure you that they never get that jaded about their children.

From TMZ:

My second cousin is an officer with GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigations) and what he's heard in his circle is that Chris Benoit's wife killed their son Daniel, called Chris and told him to rush home because of an emergency which is why he missed last Sunday's Vengeance PPV. Upon arriving home Benoit killed his wife in a rage for the death of his son and then killed himself Monday morning. His wife's body was found in the master bedroom, strangled with the cord from an alarm clock. The son's body was found in his room apparently suffocated with a garbage bag. Chris then wrote a suicide note explaining what had happened, apologized to his family, his other children (from a separate relationship), and his fans. He then fashioned a slip-knot noose from from rope taken from the garage and hung himself from the banister in the foyer of his suburban Atlanta home.

damn06.jpg

From TMZ:

My second cousin is an officer with GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigations) and what he's heard in his circle is that Chris Benoit's wife killed their son Daniel, called Chris and told him to rush home because of an emergency which is why he missed last Sunday's Vengeance PPV. Upon arriving home Benoit killed his wife in a rage for the death of his son and then killed himself Monday morning. His wife's body was found in the master bedroom, strangled with the cord from an alarm clock. The son's body was found in his room apparently suffocated with a garbage bag. Chris then wrote a suicide note explaining what had happened, apologized to his family, his other children (from a separate relationship), and his fans. He then fashioned a slip-knot noose from from rope taken from the garage and hung himself from the banister in the foyer of his suburban Atlanta home.

That seems to make a bit more sense, and places a bit more sympathy on Benoit's part. A tragedy.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
joking about death is just a way to get power over it. Personally I hope my death is joked about. We all deal with grief differently.

How would you feel if someone made a joke about the way your child died? I can't imagine you'd just laugh along with them.

I doubt that would be your opinion if someone mocked your dead child. Then again, I know people who have lost their children to disease and I can assure you that they never get that jaded about their children.

Maybe not, but almost no one is mocking the kid. Most of it is about Benoit himself.

From TMZ:

damn06.jpg

If it's true, I'll feel like a jackass, but it also doesn't jive with the story of Benoit being found in his gym.

The "second cousin" part automatically makes it sound like one of those pieces of gossip that get totally mutated into something else when it's all said and done. That said, why would Nancy kill the child?

Well WWE.com is talking Benoit killing Nancy and Daniel. They also know more but are keeping it down due to a request from the police. What else can you say, a dark day for wrestling fans every where this is.

The "second cousin" part automatically makes it sound like one of those pieces of gossip that get totally mutated into something else when it's all said and done. That said, why would Nancy kill the child?

Just the same can be asked of Benoit, who from all accounts loved his children.

cause she a crazy bitch?

Maybe not, but almost no one is mocking the kid. Most of it is about Benoit himself.

Suggesting his family should have suspected something because he made cut throat gestures in the ring? Come on.

Even if Benoit is found to be guilty of murder, he should be remembered for who he was and what he achieved, not just how he died. If we were to judge everyone based on their deaths or final actions, there'd be a lot fewer heroes and icons in the world from Elvis to Van Gogh to Hendrix to Shakespeare. Until he is found to be guilty, I think more respect should be shown to all the unfortunate people involved.

If it is true that he killed her after finding out she killed is son... then I can deal with that. If I came home and found the person there that murdered my daughter I would probably kill them right on the spot too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=140442953

This is weird. This was 14 and a half hours before the announcement of the deaths and someone posted that she was dead.

Thoughts?

The answer's obvious.

Benoit was a Wikipedia contributer.

Or someone was trying to be cute and added that after hearing Benoit had "personal issues", except that it turned out to be true.

But it would be amazing if Chris DID add that himself.