TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Wow, it's funny when I first read the story coming out about the bodies being found, it didn't even occur to me that Benoit would have killed his wife and child. That's so fucked up. Looks like he did though. I can't imagine WWE putting that headline up on their main page unless they were reasonably sure that it was true. I'm not taking this as personally as some on this board, but that's still just crazy to think of. Frigging Chris Benoit murdering his wife and child, likely with his bare hands.

I'll also say that the whole tribute show did seem a little "off". I think Malenko and a few others must have had a pretty good idea what happened.

They just showed it on the evening news over here, and had a video clip from an interview with the sheriff. He definately said that Chris was found in the weight room and that Daniel was in his bedroom.

this is one of those things i just wanna go to sleep and wake up later to find this was just a big rib and we would all have a good laugh, but on a serious note guys if you have a child, husband, wife, parent or any other relatives you live with tell them how much you love them and how much they mean to you

Wow, it's funny when I first read the story coming out about the bodies being found, it didn't even occur to me that Benoit would have killed his wife and child. That's so fucked up. Looks like he did though. I can't imagine WWE putting that headline up on their main page unless they were reasonably sure that it was true. I'm not taking this as personally as some on this board, but that's still just crazy to think of. Frigging Chris Benoit murdering his wife and child, likely with his bare hands.

I'll also say that the whole tribute show did seem a little "off". I think Malenko and a few others must have had a pretty good idea what happened.

They said there was "an instrument of death" at the scene, so he definitely didn't do it with his bare hands.

The Chris Benoit page and RAW page on WWE.com has been changed. Rather than saying "In Memory of Chris Benoit 1967-2007" with his photo, it now says "In Memory of the Benoit Family".

Kind of subtle change, but perhaps to acknowledge the recent details. The "tribute videos" are now old clips from 2005, where the testimonials from tonight were.

It just blows my mind to think of what could possibly have happened that would cause such a meltdown in a guy who was living his dream like Benoit. I know from time to time reports about their marriage problems cropped up, but everything I ever heard about him suggested that nothing meant as much to him in his whole life as his kids.

based on the timing of things, like him being called to a family emergency that took him away from his work and the strange messages he sent to whomever, it looks like he definitely killed at least his wife. Current timeline suggests she killed Daniel, called Chris home, and we know how it all ends.

this is just awful. Like a long silence after a thud.

Would it be fair to say that he might have been upset over being demoted to ECW/WWE Heat?

Also, I wouldn't rule out him never recovering mentally from Guerrero's death. That, coupled in with his surgery/"time off" period, he might not have had the greatest outlook anymore.

Who knows...perhaps he really was suffering from dementia.

But the bigger question right now is whether he killed them both or just his wife.

Chavo said he talked to Benoit the night before he died. I rewatched it on DVR. Either Chavo slipped up due to the circumstances; he meant Saturday night because he figured Benoit died on Sunday, or he talked to him Sunday night. With Benoit supposedly calling in on Sunday to tell them he couldn't make it and the text messages, I am going to say that Chavo talked to him on Sunday.

Source: PWTorch.com

To further update you on the tragic events leading up to the death of Chris Benoit, Nancy Benoit and Daniel Benoit.

New reports suggest that Chris Benoit strangled his wife and son, possibly a day a part. It’s also being reported that he then took his own life after he hanged himself some time Monday.

Officials are expected to release a statement sometime this morning/afternoon to further update us on new information in the case.

Stay tuned to the website, we will post more information as we receive it.

based on the timing of things, like him being called to a family emergency that took him away from his work and the strange messages he sent to whomever, it looks like he definitely killed at least his wife. Current timeline suggests she killed Daniel, called Chris home, and we know how it all ends.

this is just awful. Like a long silence after a thud.

That's not the story most of the media is reporting. Police believe that Nancy was murdered on Saturday, and Daniel was murdered on Sunday.

Except for the comment on TMQ (which really has no credibility at all), there's no evidence that Nancy killed Daniel. WWE.com says that Benoit murdered them both and Meltzer says that Nancy was killed Saturday and Daniel wasn't killed until Sunday. It sounds more likely that the "family emergency" was that Nancy was cheating on him and he flipped out and killed both his wife and son in a rage.

First, there were "instruments of death" at the scene, which the investigators haven't disclosed. Secondly, there were no strangulation marks, stab wounds or gun wounds.

-----

All we do know, is that a man, clearly not acting in his right mind, murdered his wife, son and then himself. And in this day and age, we are now aware of the effects of multiple concussions leading to bouts of depression. Christ, it was brought to the attention of the media by a former professional wrestler. Right now, it's likely all I can use to point to the catalyst of these events, because it goes against everything he ever stood for. What else leads to the words of the local authorities that the death was "bizarre"?

Right now, all I can do is mourn, not accuse. There will be plenty of time for people around the IWC to make an ass out of themselves by painting this murder/suicide in black and white.

It just keeps sounding worse and worse. WWE is going to catch a lot of bad publicity from this with the steriods being found. Due to that, this has got to be a wrestling/wwe altering event with respect to drug abuse and testing. Really shocked to hear that everyone had suspicions that it was benoit right away.

from another board..

Keller's Audio Update

-He said it is being reported he suffocated his wife and son, perhaps a day apart. And then hung himself. Late Sunday night, he sent a strange text message to a person within the WWE. The police broke into the house at 2:30 pm today and found them in separate rooms.

-Vince called all the wrestlers backstage this afternoon for an emergency meeting. Wrestler were already bawling and crying. A longtime WWE wrestler said it was the most emotional state he's ever seen the wrestlers.

-There was a really uneasy feeling Sunday. Everybody felt something was wrong.

-One wrestler said "It was bound to happen". There was a strong suspicion backstage that Benoit did this right away. There was also a suspicion that Nancy had done it. They had a volatile relationship and everyone knew it.

-Hardly anybody backstage really knew Benoit. He had a very small inner circle that one time included Eddy Guerrero and recently included Chavo Guerrero. But even they had a certain psychological distance from Benoit. Everyone could tell that something wasn't right lately with Benoit.

-He said that he was a very nice and pleasant person to be around, but a person close to Benoit said that Chris had "snap potential".

-A lot of steroids were found in the Benoit household, and Benoit has had bouts with "roid rages". WWE may suffer publicly because of their unenforced "Wellness Policy".

This is crazy

I can't believe someone so highly thought of as Benoit would do something like this. His name is going to be tarnished forever now. Guess there were numerous problems no one knew about.

Just sad.

Just a few quick thoughts:

- I echo the sentiments that Malenko's speech struck me as odd. I know he's the Iceman and all, but when Eddie died I could have sworn I remember him crying his eyes out. Yet tonight he just seemed kind of distanced and numb. He was nowhere near as emotional as I expected.

- The two people I'd have liked to have heard from the most that we didn't get a chance to are Bret and Jericho.

- I'm most curious about the details of the text messages. It will be very interesting to see how the timeline played out.

- Earlier in the thread when somebody said that Benoit was the last wrestler they'd ever expect this from, a few others said that was ridiculous to say. Um, no, it's not. It's true that a lot of wrestlers are scumbags, and that we don't know any of them personally, but if you woke up today and saw that a WWE wrestler murdered his wife and kid, would you honestly first think of Benoit? Would he even be in the top ten? I doubt it. I'm not about to rank wrestlers in order of "most likely to murder their family" but there are just some people that would not even be on my radar if I had to guess which wrestler did this. Benoit is one of them.

- One last thing. At some point in this thread I saw a few people lump this in with the Benoit, Eddie, Pillman, and Owen deaths. I have all the sympathy in the world for all of these awful situations, but can we please not lump Owen in with the others? Eddie and Pillman died as the result of bodily harm that they caused to themselves for the most part (although their car/motorcycle accidents played a role as well). And this Benoit mess is a whole other level of crazy. Each case is tragic. But Owen did not murder anyone and he did not abuse alcohol or drugs. His tragedy was of a completely different nature.

I can't really add anything that people haven't already said, but I really, really hope that this ends up with the best possible timeline of events, that being Benoit avenging his child. I honestly will have trouble watching a Benoit match if it turns out this is all his doing. Sadly, it appears to be so. The suicide note will probably answer most, if not all, of our questions whenever its content is released. All I know myself is that this news continues to sock me in the gut with each new bit of information. The best for the surviving members of the Benoit family, especially his other children who must now live with this cloud over them. Our loss as wrestling fans even in light of the man's love for the business is absolutely squadush compared to theirs regardless of the circumstances. Back to only reading this place.

Bad marriage + unspoken "snap potential" + roid rage looks like the combination that's responsible, but it still blows my mind that he would kill his 7 year old son. I could see him going into a rage if Nancy was cheating on him and with that combination anything is possible, but his son? It's such a tragedy.

Like I said before, I really feel bad for the young Benoit fans who don't understand the reality of the pro wrestling business. To them, Benoit was a real-life superhero. How can they understand something like this when they have no ability to separate Benoit the character and Benoit the person?

I don't think many of us really wanna believe any of this is real and actually happening. I'm with you guys, I feel physically ill. I can't really sleep well either.

So yeah the major thing we should really look at is the near certainty that Vince McMahon knew before the show went live that the police thought Benoit killed his family, and the strong probability that at least some of the people paying heartfelt tribute to Benoit knew as well.

Chavo, Dean, and Regal were just awkward to watch.

Many of the tributes were more about the performer and not testimonials to the person. Or in the case of Hunter and Steph, completely sidestepping everything.

if Benoit turns out responsible for both Nancy and Daniel's deaths, does this just tarnish his career or completely destroy his legacy allout? Goddamn this is insane

Aside from Torrie Wilson, who doesn't take steroids nowadays?

I don't doubt that he's been having mental issues since(or even before) Guerrero's death. If his marriage was as bad as everyone states, that only escalated the issues. Now, I have no doubt that he finally snapped and after realizing what he had done, opted to take his own life than face the music.

Also, I am just guessing on this, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was suffering or starting to suffer from dementia.

In any event, his career will always be overshadowed ala O.J. Simpson. No matter what the Benoit-fanatics will state.

whatever. I am praying for many things tonight. For their sake, and for the sake of everyone else connected to this mess. I'm praying for all of us, too, as there is just something about being wrestling fans - smart marks, whathaveyou - that brings us together in times like these.

So yeah the major thing we should really look at is the near certainty that Vince McMahon knew before the show went live that the police thought Benoit killed his family, and the strong probability that at least some of the people paying heartfelt tribute to Benoit knew as well.

Chavo, Dean, and Regal were just awkward to watch.

Many of the tributes were more about the performer and not testimonials to the person. Or in the case of Hunter and Steph, completely sidestepping everything.

I figured everyone was still in shock over the news. Was Edge crying for Benoit, or was he crying for Nancy and Daniel?