TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

They really need to keep an eye on the boys right now. Remember after Eddie died, Eugene OD'd like a few days later? Someone may "overgrieve", especially a guy like Edge or Chavo who were close to him.

not sure if a repeat:

The WWE web site reported that Chris Benoit sent some curious text messages early Sunday morning, which concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, WWE's VP of Government Relations to call Fayette County sheriffs on Monday to check the residence.

Benoit sent the text messages to Chavo Guerrero, one of his close friends.

The story said WWE officials learned of Benoit's death at 4 p.m. from the local authorities. They gathered the wrestlers to the ring area where they were told only of the deaths of Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel. They were told the live show was being canceled.

Nothing has been stated regarding what will happen tomorrow night when Smackdown and ECW are taped in San Antonio.

WWE will go on with regular programming tomorrow in San Antonio, with Raw & ECW tapings not based on either a tribute to Chris Benoit or continuing the Vince McMahon angle.

I feel awful for watching the whole tribute last night now

Fuck Chris Benoit. I can't believe I watched that piece of shit get a memorial show last night. It's like watching OJ get a memorial show where everyone says what a great guy he is. Fuck Benoit, I'm sure he's burning in hell right now.

You know there is a serious probability that if this is the case he was suffering from a mental condition.....brought on by concussions that NFL players are being reported to be suffering from such as Andre Waters who committed suicide. Hell a former WWE wrestler brought alot of this to light.

Benoit had been dropped on his head for 22 years......I think there as a very good likelihood he was suffering from some of the issues brought on from these things such as depression, dementia where any little thing could trigger all of this. Especially when you factor in the stress of his job, losing his best friend not that long ago.

Considering what everyone who knew him said and how out of character this was, I believe there is more to the story than "hey that guy is an asshole who just killed his family"

When it comes to the shows tonight, if they do the show, just work matches. No promos. May come off as bland TV, but what else can you really do? Have a guy cutting a promo on how he hates so and so? What, so people can say "He's going to go all Benoit on his ass"?

As for the tribute last night, the WWE did the right thing. Looking back on it, was it a bad decision considering the circumstances. But when they had so little info to go with when the show hit the air, what else were they supposed to do? I guess in hindsight out right cancelling the show would have made the most sense. Then again, hindsight is 20/20.

They really need to keep an eye on the boys right now. Remember after Eddie died, Eugene OD'd like a few days later? Someone may "overgrieve", especially a guy like Edge or Chavo who were close to him.

Thats a good point. At least by them doing the tapings tonight they can keep an eye on the boys for a few hours. See if anybody is too messed up by it.

I think I'm through with wrestling now. It's too fucked up.

I think I am pretty well done with WWE, although to be fair, I hadn't paid close attention since maybe 2002. I'll still attend Indy shows in the Philly area tho.

Wrestling Observer

Tuesday morning Chris Benoit update

Tuesday morning Chris Benoit update

By Alex Marvez

Email: [email protected]

For the next few hours, I will be offering updates and links to stories on the late Chris Benoit. Dave Meltzer is scheduled to appear on Good Morning America this morning to discuss this horrible situation. Hopefully, ABC will correctly say Benoit’s last name on future news updates [they botched it on the first GMA update]. ABC did report that “instruments of death” were found at the scene and that the wrestling industry itself is about to come under heavy scrutiny.

The following is a list of links about this tragedy:

WWE posted its latest update here: http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/superstars/ch...es/benoitupdate

The Corpus Christi Caller Times covered the cancellation of the event here: http://www.caller.com/news/2007/jun/26/wrestling-canceled/

The Calgary Sun had comments from a distraught Bret Hart here: http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/2007/0...290834-sun.html

Fayette (Ga.) County District Attorney Scott Ballard spoke about the alleged murder-suicide here: http://www.thecitizen.com/node/18058

Ballard also told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that “the details, when they come out, are going to prove a little bizarre.”

I wonder what really happened here? Did he snap from roid rage? Did he and Nancy get in a heated fight and it escalated, then he didn't know what to do, Daniel found the body and then he acted out of instinct to save his own skin? Was he thinking clear (or as clear as one could think)? Was he suffering from any mental conditions? I'm not looking for any excuses, or ways to "justify" what happened, but I just want to know how the fuck this all went down.

If it does turn out that he murdered his wife (no matter the reason) and SEVEN YEAR OLD child... This is not a man to be respected, revered or appreciated... no matter how many great matches he's put on.

The lesson here is that we all have our favorites...but we don't actually know these people.

EXACTLY. Has anyone here ever had a conversation with Chris Benoit that was deeper than an autograph signing gab session "hey man I really like your work"? I doubt it. We didn't know this man. Didn't know anything about him, other than he was good at professional wrestling.

If he really did kill them? Fuck him. Burn in hell. I'll still watch his matches on tape, I'm sociopathic like that, but all in all, burn in fuckin' hell.

i talked to him for about 10 minutes in a grocery store back in 97 in the height of Nitro.....I was working there.......he Eddie, and Finlay came in.

If Benoit really did kill his family, then I retract my earlier tribute on this thread. Murder is evil and there is NO excuse for it.

I agree with everybody who is saying that people are jumping to conclusions though. The sensible thing to do is to wait for the investigation to be officially completed.

If Benoit really did kill his family, then I retract my earlier tribute on this thread. Murder is evil and there is NO excuse for it.

I agree with everybody who is saying that people are jumping to conclusions though. The sensible thing to do is to wait for the investigation to be officially completed.

yeah, though all the peices seem to be falling into place, I'll wait until the full puzzle is put together before I can truly from an opinon.

This is all just so messed up and sad.

I'm not trying to be hyperbolic here, but I don't think I'm going to feel like watching wrestling for a while after this, assuming these new reports are true and this was more than some freak accident or something.

Guest joshtothemaxx

I just typed a huge post about how saddened/disturbed I was by many people's carelessness in condemning Benoit to hell. Then I read it, and I realized I had gotten a little ranty and annoying.

My point was, please reserve judgement on who, by all accounts, was a quiet, good man until all facts are known. There's a zillion scenarios that could have taken place in that house over the weekend and it's far to early to call him a "murdering scumbag."

I just typed a huge post about how saddened/disturbed I was by many people's carelessness in condemning Benoit to hell. Then I read it, and I realized I had gotten a little ranty and annoying.

My point was, please reserve judgement on who, by all accounts, was a quiet, good man until all facts are known. There's a zillion scenarios that could have taken place in that house over the weekend and it's far to early to call him a "murdering scumbag."

It wasn't too ranty, but I can see why you revised your post. I just want to get all of the peices of this puzzle before I can truly from an opinon.

Regardless, this will not hamped my opinon on Chris Benoit, the wrestler. As for Chris Benoit, the man, husband, and father, I really don't know what to think anymore.

When I found out about this, it was about an hour before Raw......I was just in shock like I couldn't believe it.....then Raw started and it basically hit me full force. Anyone who knows me knows I am not an emotional personal I don't cry or get upset about anything, I may feel it but I don't show it, that's just how I am.....I felt broken over a man I've only met a few times.....broken to the point tears ran down my face. My best friend called me and I doubt he was expecting that, and asked me if I was ok, it was probably the first time in our 10 year friendship he's ever heard me like that.

Chris Benoit has been my hero since I was about 14 years old, that would be roughly 12-13 years now.....he was truly my hero. He was everything I loved about wrestling, what I thought it should be I really loved, respected and admired every single thing about the man. A small guy no one ever thought could make it that really did make it. The time that I felt was greatest for Benoit was when I realized in a time of the 'star" a time of catchphrases and looks. A time where it was all about Austin and Rock......my guy Chris Benoit made it in the eyes of fans having nothing of it. He was a wrestler and even fans who watched for all the other stuff respected that. That meant more to me than anything....that this guy who was so anti everything that was over, was over.

Now my hero is gone.......I'm not as emotionally broken as I felt about 12 hours ago, but I still sit with a heavy heart. Knowing everything about the situation I do now it makes it that much harder for me. I will have a really hard time knowing if it does end up being what is being said that someone I think that of ended as a murderer. Even if it is proven so I have to seperate him as a wrestler and as a person because if I don't I think it would do more harm than good to me personally.

When he died I honestly felt like one of my friends died that is how much he meant to me......I'd like to always remember all of the positive and good things Chris Benoit brought to my life and the joy he gave me on so many occasions. No matter what happens I will always remember that and try not to think about how it ended.....and how truly devastating that is.

I know some people will not like that and will think I'm some sick wrestling fan that doesn't care about people but I have to do that because like I said I can't come to terms that someone I thought all that of is a murderer.....I'm not asking anyone else to do that but I have to for myself seperate the wrestler from the person and remember him as the wrestler I loved and admired.

I just wanted to express my full feelings on this instead of just little bits and pieces like I had been.

I think I'm through with wrestling now. It's too fucked up.

Yeah. It's always been a dirty business, and the more you know about it the more you have to turn a blind eye to the bullshit that goes on in order to enjoy it.

But this is off the fucking charts.

Hey guess what?

3 people were probably murdered somewhere in the time it took me to make this post.

Just because you never watched them deliver a flying heatbutt doesn't make it any less important.

Some of you really need to get a hold of your life.

Oh here we go........lets let the thread degenerate into that.......so why did you even venture into the thread other than to basically troll for a reaction?

Hard to know how to take this one given what the circumstances seem to be, but having worked alongside death for long enough it's hard not to appreciate some of the "gallows humour" on display in this thread.

One thing that does keep cropping up though is the comment that there are details that are "a little bizarre" and that truly does make the mind boggle.

Just how bizarre remains to be seen, and I perhaps shouldn't post my thoughts as to what it could mean. Out of decency, if nothing else.

Don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but on WWE.com they state that they have more info on the cause of death and for the investigation:

WWE.com has further information relating to both the investigation and the cause of death, but the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department has requested that WWE.com not release any additional details at this time.

Looks like more and more of this case is coming together

CNN is reporting that two weeks prior to the tragic events of this

weekend, concerned WWE fans and fans of Chris Benoit called a local

Atlanta news channel inquiring about the death of Benoit. CNN is unable to

say where the rumor started but say it is an eerie coincidence to say the

least. (I had not heard any such rumor and am quite surprised that CNN

would mention it.)

Toxicology results will be in by 1:00PM EST and while police are almost

positive it was a double murder-suicide, they are not ruling out any other

cause of death in the case.

For those interested, CNN will be covering the toxicology results as soon

as they become public.

Again, to refresh, two weeks PRIOR to this weekend, fans called a local

Atlanta news channel asking if they knew any information on the death of

Benoit.

Taken from Gerweck.net.

Hard to know how to take this one given what the circumstances seem to be, but having worked alongside death for long enough it's hard not to appreciate some of the "gallows humour" on display in this thread.

One thing that does keep cropping up though is the comment that there are details that are "a little bizarre" and that truly does make the mind boggle.

Just how bizarre remains to be seen, and I perhaps shouldn't post my thoughts as to what it could mean. Out of decency, if nothing else.

Yeah, I found that part a little odd as well. Perhaps there is an X-Factor (avoid to obvious joke/reference please) that we aren't seeing/know about yet. This seems to get more and more fucked up by the minute

I perhaps shouldn't post my thoughts as to what it could mean

What do you mean, if you have any ideas, please tell

Well, I'll be attacked for this but if someone is in a house with two bodies for two days or so, then all sorts of questions are raised about what went on between them dying and him dying.

Two weeks prior, it was likely McMahon and all the news remembers is that it involved some wrestler.

Yeah, thats what I would be putting my money on. CNN probably just remembered that it was a wrestling personality, and 2 weeks later one is dead. They are simply playing a piss poor game of connect the dots.

I perhaps shouldn't post my thoughts as to what it could mean

What do you mean, if you have any ideas, please tell

Well, I'll be attacked for this but if someone is in a house with two bodies for two days or so, then all sorts of questions are raised about what went on between them dying and him dying.

I already posted my thoughts I believe he was suffering from a clinical depression and essentially not himself and have episodes with it.......he eventually regained who he was realized what he had done and took his life as well.

I know some people don't know or understand what clinical depression is or what his concussions could have possibly brought on and will just be like "he's a child killer" but really if he was suffering from that it really means he was not himself and from what anyone who knows Benoit says about him that is what I'm saying happened.

I'm intrigued as to how it could all be even more bizarre...

I would like to say however that Vince can not escape poetic and tragic irony. Owen being uncomfortable with the stunt and both McMahon and Russo assuring him it will all go fine and then he proceeds to plummit to his death, years upon years of him probably handing out steroids and pain killers like candy to his employees and turning a blind eye and having it finally catch up to him with one of his top money makers at the time in Eddie dying of massive heart failure with years of drug abuse being a contributing factor and now this. After all the recent real life deaths of performers in his company he decides its time to cash in on an angle about his character dying...and then perhaps one of the top 5 known wrestlers in his company now looks to have killed his own family and himself ending what was just a tasteless angle in the weirdest of ways.

Another thing I was thinking was how much anger and hate do you imagine Jeff Jarrett is feeling? Man had his wife taken from him by illness and probably would have given the world to have her back, then somebody whom I imagine he was fairly close to goes and most likely kills his.