TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

If he was watching the PPV with his son, does that mean he watched it with him with the decaying corpse of his wife sitting next to him? That would prove to be a little bizarre and a LOT sick.

Perhaps he took the movie "Weekend at Bernie's" at bit too seriously?

I guess no one will use the 3 germans and 3 amigos ever again

3 Germans are going to be rare, Chavo could still do the Amigos for Eddie.

I doubt if we see anyone in the WWE do the flying headbutt.

I wonder if they told wrestlers no tributes to Chris Benoit.

Thats a good question. Would it be considered honoring a friend, or a murderer?

I'm sure they have.

Also, does anyone else ever remember a wrestling-related story been the top story on CNN? Just wondering.

I'm sure they have.

Also, does anyone else ever remember a wrestling-related story been the top story on CNN? Just wondering.

Owens death was pretty high up there.

There are a lot of things that don't click with a pre-meditated murder/suicide. The biggest being the following:

- Who goes out of their way to leave the house show circuit to kill his family? I could understand if Benoit was home for a day or two and thus had the time and assuming he had a psychotic break, the motive to kill his family. Meltzer had already reported that Benoit was called back to Atlanta for a family emergency. It doesn't click that the guy would apparently snap while on the road and of all things go back home to kill his family. If he snapped and killed himself in his hotel that'd at least make more sense.

- Also, if you run with the idea that this was pre-meditated, who kills 3/4 of the family? Wouldn't he wait for his older son to be home (the kid was in Edmonton IIRC)?

- If he killed the wife on Saturday and watched the PPV with the son on Sunday, isn't the kid going to notice that his mom isn't around all day? Was the office door locked? The kid is going to wonder where his mom is all day and all night (her car is going to be in the driveway obviously). The likelihood of Benoit killing the son that late the day after is slim to none.

This conference is going to be really interesting. If the guy killed his family, a true hero of mine is basically scum. I truly hope there was an X-Factor involved in all this.

There are a lot of things that don't click with a pre-meditated murder/suicide. The biggest being the following:

- Who goes out of their way to leave the house show circuit to kill his family? I could understand if Benoit was home for a day or two and thus had the time and assuming he had a psychotic break, the motive to kill his family. Meltzer had already reported that Benoit was called back to Atlanta for a family emergency. It doesn't click that the guy would apparently snap while on the road and of all things go back home to kill his family. If he snapped and killed himself in his hotel that'd at least make more sense.

- Also, if you run with the idea that this was pre-meditated, who kills 3/4 of the family? Wouldn't he wait for his older son to be home (the kid was in Edmonton IIRC)?

- If he killed the wife on Saturday and watched the PPV with the son on Sunday, isn't the kid going to notice that his mom isn't around all day? Was the office door locked? The kid is going to wonder where his mom is all day and all night (her car is going to be in the driveway obviously). The likelihood of Benoit killing the son that late the day after is slim to none.

This conference is going to be really interesting. If the guy killed his family, a true hero of mine is basically scum. I truly hope there was an X-Factor involved in all this.

I thought he went home, and then called to say he couldn't make the PPV due to a family emergency.

Also, reports say that he killed his wife Saturday night and his son Sunday morning while he was still in bed.

The kid is 7. Not hard to think that Benoit just lied to him or something. What's he going to do?

That Famlicide graphic with Benoit and a gun is just a WEE bit sensationalistic.

I don't know what to think about this whole situation. I was bummed yesterday because he was dead, but now I'm bummed because of the fact it's (probably) his fault AND his fault that his wife and kid are dead.

I wanted to watch the Hard Knocks DVD sometime this week, but now I don't. I mean I don't think I'd be paying some sort of tribute to a murderer by watching it or anything, but I just have very conflicting mindsets over the issue right now.

It was odd reading the WO.com recap of Raw and seeing it pointed out that Chavo said he would trust Benoit with his wife and kids. And everyone said family was the most important thing too him.

Champions of Heaven???

Haha, that's hilarious.

Yeah. If we are going with the notion of Heaven & Hell, the substance abuser and the murderer aren't going to the good one.

This may have already been discussed but you have to wonder...If there was steroids found in Benoit's body, how bad the PR disaster is going to be for Vince. Unless i'm forgetting something, nobody in baseball or any other sport linked to steroids went on and killed their family. WWE could have a nightmare on their hands from the feds.

Pegasus, where the heck are you getting that he even watched the PPV?

I shouldn't have brought that up. There are a lot of posts stating that he messaged wrestlers during the PPV saying he was home watching the show with his son. That's not established fact though. My bad...

Why does it have to be pre-meditated?

Champions of Heaven???

Haha, that's hilarious.

Yeah. If we are going with the notion of Heaven & Hell, the substance abuser and the murderer aren't going to the good one.

Which raises the question: Is it better to sin at the beginning of your life, seek forgiveness, and die, OR lead a fairly good life, commit a horrible act and die? I'll grant it, Eddie never killed anyone, but I'm just asking a general question.

This is without doubt the strangest bit of news I've heard all year and quite frankly underlines the point that Wrestling is a pretty shitty business to get into.

Well it isn't wrestling that would drive someone to do this.

Maybe I'm wrong to presume so, but Chris Benoit's life as a wrestler led him to this ending.

This happens more often than not in all walks of life. See MrRant's post right below yours.

While thats true, I'm saying in this case the Steroids, concussions and what can't be a healthy lifestyle would have contributed heavily to Chris Benoit's demise. Familicide is what happened not the reason.

I'm watching Fox News waiting for the press conference, and they just started a story with the headline of 'Stalker Hacks 3 Cell Phones; Leaves Death Threats'. My first thought was, of course, "First Benoit...Now Barry Windham?!?!?!?"

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Men and women who kill their children, forensic psychologists told ABC News, tend to be severally depressed or psychotic.

This is important. I firmly believe that if Benoit killed his family it was NOT the Benoit we all admired.

Guest joshtothemaxx

And don't forget how much Vince was raked by the Feds in the early 90's/late 80's/whenever. If 15 years later he's back to where he once was he's up shit creek. Plus, we all have seen how much flack baseball takes for 'roids and, assuming both groups are on the juice, they're nowhere near the stature/abuse level that the WWE guys are on.

Why does it have to be pre-meditated?

Because a psychotic break doesn't really apply in a case like this. He was on the road already and gearing up for a PPV where he'd be leading the ECW brand. He'd have to pre-meditate something like this to know that he was going to skip the show(s), go back home, kill the wife and then kill the son the next day.

Men and women who kill their children, forensic psychologists told ABC News, tend to be severally depressed or psychotic.

This is important. I firmly believe that if Benoit killed his family it was NOT the Benoit we all admired.

The people who suffer these breaks and commit these sorts of acts usually aren't their normal selves.. far from it. A lot of people just assume they get really angry, do the killing, and then are suddenly back to normal. Far from the truth. Lots of people who commit these acts and don't commit suicide never even return to their normal state of mind.

This may have already been discussed but you have to wonder...If there was steroids found in Benoit's body, how bad the PR disaster is going to be for Vince. Unless i'm forgetting something, nobody in baseball or any other sport linked to steroids went on and killed their family. WWE could have a nightmare on their hands from the feds.

I don't think there is an "if" but "what"; 40 yr old men can not have that muscle mass/maintain that muscle mass without help(though I'm sure he was a work-out freak as well).