TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Guest George's Box

I think I've taken in about all the Chris Benoit coverage I can stomach at this point. Bye, WWE folder.

Anyone know a place that has a live smackdown report? I'm curious to hear what they have done so far at the tapings.

The MSNBC guy is totally right for giving Vince shit for the tribute show. With Eddie and Owen, the heavily rumored possibility of them being a murderer wasn't existant.

Vince needs to apologize tonight, on Smackdown, and on Raw, for the tribute show.

Chris Benoit should then never be mentioned again on WWE television. Nor should his matches ever be released on another DVD.

Interesting Bret is defending the wwe here

also...I realize bret was close to him but to call him a great man after what he did? ugh..

WWE News: Bret Hart speaks on MSNBC about death of Chris Benoit

By Wade Keller, Torch editor

Jun 26, 2007, 20:08

Email This Article - Printer Friendly Page - Back to Main Listing

Bret Hart was a guest of Ross Abrams on Scorborough Country on MSNBC. He said he never saw Chris Benoit lose his temper or composure. He said when he first heard early reports, he hoped there was "a better explanation than this." He added: "I think it's going to be a long time before anyone gets over this in the wrestling business."

Abrams asked about Benoit dating Nancy while she was still married to another wrestler. Bret said he didn't know such details. He said Chris never confided marital problems to him. "I always thought he was a good family man and a good husband," he said. Bret said most of his experiences with Nancy came at funerals. Abrams seized that and asked about the deaths of wrestlers of the years. An on-screen graphic said that since 1997, there have been 1,000 pro wrestlers 45 and younger and 65 of them have died - 25 by heart attacks, five of 25 from steroid use, 12 deaths from use of other drugs. The death rate are seven times higher than the general population. There is 12 times the chance of a wrestler dying from heart disease.

Bret talked about steroids and pain kills. He said he understands a lot of that was remedied in recent years. "I don't want to see this pinned on steroids," he said. "I think that there is a deeper - it goes beyond that at this point."

Abrams asked: "Is this going to bring wrestling down? Is this going to be a pock that wrestling won't be able to overcome." Bret said, "No, wrestling will always keep going." He said there's no reason for this to ruin that for everybody. He said everybody loved and respected Benoit, noting, "That's why this is so hard to accept. We all loved him. This is a great man; I can't think of any wrestlers who wouldn't have come to the aid of Chris Benoit and support him in whatever he was carrying around." He said wrestlers are reeling from the deaths of so many of his peers, it's hard to accept. He said depression is a big part of it and this will only magnify it.

Abrams asked if people misread Benoit or was it steroids or another kind of drug that set him off. Bret said that should be left up to forensic experts. He said WWE had a strong drug testing policy in place since Eddie Guerrero died. He said they stamped out steroids. "There is no happy medium; it's no steroids, period," he said. He again said he hopes it's not related to steroids. But then he added that steroids may have been a factor and you need to look at the info as it comes in.

PWTorch can now report the content of the text message sent by Chris Benoit to Chavo Guerrero on Sunday morning. The message, according to our sources, said that the sliding glass doors to his house were open and the dogs had been fed. No one was quite sure what to make of it, but he wasn't reachable afterward for clarification.

Boy, this guy on MSNBC is a piece of work. He's getting on WWE for the tribute show last night.

It's looking more and more like the WWE knew that the situation was a double homicide/suicide before the show last night.

Also, I wonder where the other comments from many of Benoit's peers. Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Ric Flair, Saturn, The Rock, Rob Van Dam, Eric Bishoff, Rey Mysterio, etc....

Some of these guys' silence is interesting. Maybe many people didn't know the MAN Chris Benoit after all, it was only the performer they knew.

This motherfucking reporter on MSNBC is acting like they just scheduled a three hour tribute show out of the blue for Benoit when they already had a three hour window scheduled beforehand, for one thing. Get YOUR facts straight, fucker. There was not reports of Chris murdering them up until around an hour or so before the show was over. According to the timeline, I dont blame WWE at all for doing this tribute show. They are acting like it was a huge and ridiculous celebration for Benoit last night, when it was just about as low key as possible given the situation. I will give them one thing though, they probably should have stopped the west coast replay, though.

Irv Muschnick got this reporters intensity together a few notches on things, but he's still going all over the place with his O'Reilly-esque nonsense.

This show is making me fucking ill. Enough of this steroid shit.

He's blaming the company for being naive to think Benoit DIDNT kill them immediately after hearing they were all dead. What the fuck ever.

Fox News is funny. Earlier someone on there was saying roid rage is caused by the voices people hear in their head and steriods is the leading cause of death of young people.

Also, I wonder where the other comments from many of Benoit's peers. Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Ric Flair, Saturn, The Rock, Rob Van Dam, Eric Bishoff, etc....

Some of these guys' silence is interesting. Maybe many people didn't know the MAN Chris Benoit after all, it was only the performer they knew.

Given what he did, it's best not to say anything.

I don't fault WWE for the tribute show, unless they absolutely knew that Chris probably did it. I don't think they would go out of their way to pay tribute to a murderer

To be fair, some people (especially ones close to Benoit) probably haven't yet (or can't) come to terms with what he did. Others may just simply chose to remember Benoit for the man he was before all this went down.

Some local reporter on MSNBC said she was informed of the death between 6 and 7 last night. This is according to someone who was watching (I was not).

Being informed of the death and the suggestion of the murder-suicide, though, are two different things. Sure, WWE and others most definately knew of the deaths before Raw began, but I do not recall any formal announcement that investigators were treating it as a Chris Benoit murder-suicide until later in the evening.

Fox News is funny. Earlier someone on there was saying roid rage is caused by the voices people hear in their head and steriods is the leading cause of death of young people.

i thought it was weed?

:ph34r:

Also, I wonder where the other comments from many of Benoit's peers. Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Ric Flair, Saturn, The Rock, Rob Van Dam, Eric Bishoff, etc....

Given what he did, it's best not to say anything.

I don't fault WWE for the tribute show, unless they absolutely knew that Chris probably did it. I don't think they would go out of their way to pay tribute to a murderer

I don't necessarily fault them for the show but according to keller the moment everyone found out, everyone had a suspicion it was the act of Benoit. I think a case can be made either way for if they should have done it or not.

UPDATED: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 11:11 a.m.

Here are some random thoughts that reflect what I've been thinking and talking about the past 20 hours...

-Raw last night was a mistake. WWE personnel had reason to believe (because I did at that point from people I was talking to) that it was a murder-murder-suicide and that Chris Benoit was likely the perpetrator (based on what I was told about the text message contents they received the day before). Doing a tribute show to someone who very possibly had just killed his wife and son was a bad call. Now, that said, I soften my criticism in this respect: As after the Owen Hart death, people were under duress and not thinking clearly and had a three-hour show to create quickly. Not acknowledging Benoit would seem crass, if not presumptuous of his guilt. The tribute to him as a great family man may have been a true reflection of the person they knew, but it does in retrospect seem akin to a Hollywood or sports world tribute to O.J. Simpson's contributions as the details were sketchy regarding what happened with his wife.

-What was the other option? Cancel the show entirely and air reruns of a USA Network movie or syndicated series in its place with a crawler at the top of each hour explaining the cancellation. Or have Vince introduce the show as he did in mid-ring, then broadcast a PPV or a previous edition of Raw or even a DVD documentary on tag teams or another innocuous subject. That'd be my call, and it's not a case of 20/20 hindsight because everyone in WWE suspected what's come out today, with less precise detail of course, at the time that show was put together. Wrestlers can mourn without cameras filming them.

Informed that it was a murder/suicide rather. Fixed.

Yeah I dont know what to think. If its the most accurate place or not, to list last night's timeline, Meltzer didnt post anything that Benoit himself was more than likely the murderer of Nancy and his son until 11:30 ET, which was after Raw, of course. There was suggestion earlier in the night from an Atlanta newspaper that they were treating the deaths as homicides, and then was changed to potential murder/suicide, but it was still, according to these reports, unknown if it was Nancy, Chris, or even their son themselves that did the kills and then offed themself. But Dave could have very well not have posted news he found out earlier due to watching Raw, etc.

Point being is that WWE most certainly, I would think, would have not even suggested the idea of honoring a murderer if they would have known such information by 8pm ET, when they went on the air. Around that last hour of the show, it seemed, to a degree, that the testimonials and demeanor of some of the announcers appeared a little different, so I am thinking around half-way through the show, the people still around the arena with the company started hearing this news of Chris himself being targeted as the culprit of all of this. When the show is already happening, its hard to be in the shoes of Vince and others to decide what to do from there.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/chrisbenoittimeline

On Saturday, June 23, Chris Benoit was slated to appear at a WWE live event in Beaumont, Texas. That afternoon, Benoit contacted WWE to inform them that his wife and child were ill, and that he would not be able to attend the show.

WWE executives rebooked Benoit’s flight for the following morning, allowing Benoit to miss the Beaumont event making alternate arrangements for him to attend the pay-per-view event in Houston on Sunday.

WWE employees attempted to confirm with Benoit his travel plans but were unable to contact him.

Early Sunday morning, between 3:51 and 3:58 a.m., Benoit sent five text messages to co-workers:

Text Message 1 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit’s cell phone

“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane, Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Text Message 2 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit’s cell phone

“The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open”

Text Message 3 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:54am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone

“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.

Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Text Message 4 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:55am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone

“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.

Fayetteville Georgia. 30215"

Text Message 5 to one co-worker (sent 6/24 at 3:58am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone

“My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Throughout the day on Sunday, WWE made numerous attempts to contact Benoit both at home and at local hospitals in the Atlanta area. As of 11:00 p.m., WWE officials were unable to establish contact with Chris Benoit.

At 12:30 p.m. on Monday, June 25, WWE officials were notified of the text messages sent to the co-workers the previous day. By 12:45 p.m., WWE had contacted Fayetteville County Sheriff’s office requesting they check on the Benoit family.

Fayetteville County Sheriffs office made contact with WWE at approximately 4:00 p.m. advising that they had entered the house of Chris Benoit and found three deceased bodies – an adult male, adult female and a male child. WWE was told that Benoit’s home was now considered a major crime scene.

The decision to cancel the live event scheduled in Corpus Christi that night was made between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. In keeping with company policy, and with limited knowledge regarding facts of the case, WWE choose to air a memorial dedicated to the career of Chris Benoit. As facts emerged surrounding the case, all tributes to Chris Benoit were removed both on-air and on WWE.com.

Chris Benoit WWE Timeline

Here's an interesting article on the WWE site that has transcripts of all of the text messages (5 of them) sent by Benoit between 3:51 AM and 3:58 AM early Sunday morning (which means he killed himself sometime after 4 AM). From reading this, I learned that Benoit's physical address is, in fact, 130 Green Meadow Lane, Fayetville Georgia, 30215.

Edit: Well...nevermind.

So it's an official thing? He killed both of them? There's no other possibilities?

Uhhh...outside of the insane improbable not a chance in hell possibility that they were all drugged and then killed with no evidence of someone else ever being in the house and the killer having the time to just take his or her time killing them.....nope.

He did it, it's over. The only thing is question now is did he kill Nancy in roid rage or did he just lose it.

I guess it's pretty simple to guess who the two recipents of the text messages were. One we know is Chavo, and I'm pretty sure the other is Dean.

Those are some pretty creepy text messages, especially the ones used from Nancy's phone.

From around 4AM to Sunday morning to 11PM at night that was a lot of time elapsed.

I will say that I'm happy to see that, at least, Benoit didn't use 'internet slang' in his text messages nor were they riddled with grammatical errors.

Alright, time to weigh in on some of the dumbassery from this thread. I'll give myself a break and only go back five pages.

"This whole yanking merchandise and apologizing for the tribute show is crazy. The guy deserves to be remembered. His final hours and actions were the result of a mental condition that may or may not be influenced by steriods."

Yes, he deserves to be remember. And he will. As a guy who murdered his wife and child.

"It was only a matter of time before the rampant steroid and drug use in wrestling led to something like this. Sure, the many deaths from within the business were horrible, but now it's impacted innocents, and that should be enough for people to look inside themselves and ask why they're helping support an industry that basically forces reckless drug abuse on its workers."

Nobody forced them to be wrestlers. And if steroid use was inevitably going to cause violent murder, why is this the first time it's done so, when steroids have been widely abused in wrestling for decades?

"If he had just snapped and killed both in the span of a few minutes that would be at least somewhat understandable."

No, it wouldn't be. Murder's murder, regardless of how premeditated it was.

"Maybe Chris and Nancy had a arguement, maybe he shoved her or something to that affect and she maybe hit her head on a table or something which caused her to bleed, she was already dead, he put the cord around her, binded her up and left her there. Then he goes into Daniels room, thinking that he would be in a better place and that he would hate him for killing his mother, and killed him."

Double wrong. The police said in the press conference that Nancy died by strangling. And Benoit waited an entire day after that until he killed the kid too.

"You should be directing your anger and frustration to WWE and Benoit's "friends". By the accounts that are coming out, Benoit's mind had been in a dark, dark place for a long time. Ask yourself this question, why did no one ever do anything to help him? If he was in this condition for years, then WHY did anyone never raise their voice and say "Benoit needs help"? Why didn't they know? Is it because they didn't know (highly unlikely), didn't think Benoit was capable of such a thing (maybe), or they were simply afraid of either upsetting Benoit, or getting bad publicity? Ask yourself that."

So did you miss the tributes where different people talked about how private, quiet, and closed-off Benoit was? And it's pretty obvious that even his friends didn't know, Chavo apparently stayed the night with them a week ago and didn't notice anything wrong.

"Well, Nancy Grace did her usual bit concerning the Benoit story, pushing the steroids angle and blasting WWE for doing a tribute show"

Yeah, what a raging bitch. Her entire act is self-righteous moral outrage, "Won't someone PLEASE think of the children!" bullshit.

"Vince needs to apologize tonight, on Smackdown, and on Raw, for the tribute show."

He is.

"Chris Benoit should then never be mentioned again on WWE television. Nor should his matches ever be released on another DVD."

Should we ban showing Nazis in movies and recall Schindlers List while we're at it? How about outlawing showing the Naked Gun flicks on TV cuz of OJ?