TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

I haven't read anything from ryder in years so I dont know where his credibility stands right now but FWIW

WARNING SIGNS THAT SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH CHRIS BENOIT

By: Bob Ryder

6/26/2007 5:08:55 PM

In speaking with close friends and confidants of Chris Benoit contacted this afternoon, apparently there were some warning signs that something was wrong with Benoit.

Some of the information learned by 1Wrestling.com by colleagues and friends that did not want to be quoted:

"This wasn't roid rage, this was insanity. Roid rage doesn't last for 48 hours. There were signs that something was wrong. Stories have emerged that a year ago he became paranoid and believed he was being followed. He wouldn't let Nancy leave the house because he believed someone was out to get them."

“Chris hated religion. He didn't believe in it. I cannot comprehend him putting bibles by the bodies. I am shocked.” (Note: We have been contacted by other friends of Benoit who say he had recently become a religious person)

In addition, 1Wrestling has learned that sources close to Nancy are reporting that she had a safety deposit box with evidence of past rages and that authorities should check the box if anything ever happened to her.

Here's some fuel for the fire:

Daniel, the dead child, was retarded. Apparently he suffered from an inherited disease called Fragile X syndrome. This explains his unusually small size and oddly shaped head, and provides a little backstory as to why Benoit was injecting him with human growth hormone. (Not GOOD backstory, not an excuse, but an explanation.) Also, just speculation, but it could've been something that added more stress onto Chris and Nancy's marriage, having to take care of a disabled kid.

EDIT: damn, how'd they beat me by like two minutes?

Has WWE ever lost one of their very bottom guys? Seriously, if Viscera or Nunzio were to die suddenly what kind of show would the WWE put on.

Yes. I forget the name, but it was back in the 80s and the guy was a jobber. He died... and they showed him doing a stretcher job on syndicated TV like a week later. Whether it's spelled with an E or an F, it's still Crazy Greedy Vince in charge.

Okay, this is almost feeling scripted now. With each passing report, this case becomes even more twisted.

- Benoit is a murderer

- Benoit is a child murderer

- Benoit is the murderer of a retarded child

Oh and what's the word on this Crippler Crossface thing? Cuz that'd be some shit if it turns out that one of the IWC's gods killed a retarded child with his finisher.

That might explain why he murdered his son. With his mom dead and Benoit in prison or dead, there was no one to take care of the kid.

Benoit's sisters, brothers, parents, Nancy's parents, other family. There were a shitload of people to take care of him. He killed his son because he was a fuckin' psycho.

What's the point of constantly going "one of the IWC's" constantly in this thread...you are posting on a a fucking wrestling message board son, you are no better than any of the IWC are you so desperately trying to act like you are above.

I didn't get to see Abrams on msnbc that folks were talking about earlier but it sure looks like they sliced and diced wrestling and the wwe via kellers transcript

For anyone who missed it.

WWE News: MNBC dedicates extensive time to discussing Benoit with doctor, author, reporter

By Wade Keller, Torch editor

Jun 26, 2007, 23:17

Email This Article - Printer Friendly Page - Back to Main Listing

On MSNBC, after the Bret Hart interview, Dan Abrams interviewed a reporter with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, author of Wrestling Babylon Irvin Muchnick, and Dr. Drew Pinsky.

Irv said he documented 87 wrestlers who have died over the last generation of drugs. "Wrestling fans are used to wrestlers dying; they're not used to the sensational details of this particular case," he said. "It's a sad commentary on the wrestling industry these days."

Abrams asked if drugs could explain why someone so many say is a nice guy did this. Pinsky said toxicology reports may not exonerate drugs as the issue because the withdrawal from getting off of drugs can lead to desperate acts.

Abrams read the WWE statement that Benoit tested negative on Apr. 10, 2007. Pinsky said, "That doesn't tell me anything. People cycle steroids, they don't use them every day. They use them in cycles for brief periods of time." He reiterated that it's when wrestlers get off of drugs that can lead to "depressions, irritability, abnormal thinking." He said he has seen gruesome suicides and intense suicides on the drugs and off.

Abrams asked if it's a case of simply an angry husband. He read details of his martial problems. Muchnick said, "We can look at the pattern of the pandemic of deaths in wrestling in recent years and it's reasonable to speculate there was something more going on here than a simple marital dispute."

Abrams asked again about the way they met, and how it is "part of a wrestling stunt." Muchnick explained in detail the Kevin Sullivan-Woman-Benoit storyline in WCW. "Art imitated life and they ran off together," he said. He said Sullivan is known as the wrestler who booked his own divorce.

Abrams then went after WWE for blaming the media for speculating about steroids being involved in the subject. He then ripped them for honoring Benoit last night and said they have answers to give.

After the break, they aired a clip of Vince McMahon's announcement at the start of Raw last night. Abrams said WWE attacked the media for associating it with roid rage. He then editorialized: "My Take: The night they were all found dead, the WWE celebrates Benoit's life for three hours on TV. The first thing we talked about in the news room last night based on the facts we knew then was that it was a murder-suicide. I hope Vince McMahon apologizes, but even if he dies, he really insulted the victims hour after hour last night. It was a celebration of his celebrity rather than a cold, hard look at the facts of the case first."

They went back to Muchnick, plus MSNBC resident commentator Steve Adubato. Adubato said the problem he has with McMahon is, "They should have waited. It was the only responsible thing to do. They're so pressed in these events to put on a show on, they didn't even wait to figure it out. They were afraid if they waited, they might have missed an opportunity for a storyline that they weren't responsible. An apology is too late; they should have known."

Abrams asked Muchnick about WWE's celebrating a murderer. Muchnick said there is a little bit of piling on against WWE, "not that Vince McMahon doesn't deserve it." He said that they aired repeats after they knew more. He said it doesn't matter whether it was classic roid rage or another concoction of chemicals that caused him to act that way, he and his wife and son are dead. He said we should care because it could be repeated in the future. Abrams said it didn't set right with him that excuses seemed to be being given for Benoit's actions rather than blaming the individual for his actions.

Adubato said: "Dan, there's a history, there's a pattern, there's a culture. It's not just the death - a ridiculous number of deaths. An absurd, unreal, statistically unreal number of deaths. The fact that when Eddie Guerrero, when he was the WWE Champion and he dies the way he dies, then Vince says, 'Now we're going to crack down on steroids.' Ten years ago there was a case that involved McMahon and Hulk Hogan and steroids. And Vince got off there. Instead of saying ten years ago we're going to crack down, they waited another eight years for Eddie Guerrero to die. It's absurd."

Benoit lost his fucking mind there really is no logical reason for this, even if it is a mental illness, depression what have you, he just lost his fucking mind.

He could have gone to the PPV after killing his wife and kid, and no one would have been the wiser. That would have been interesting.

And won the ECW title

"So Chris, how was your day?"

*Thinks back to slaughters, looks down at title* "Eh, so-so"

He could have gone to the PPV after killing his wife and kid, and no one would have been the wiser. That would have been interesting.

And won the ECW title

"So Chris, how was your day?"

*Thinks back to slaughters, looks down at title* "Eh, so-so"

I laughed way to hard at this

If they had waited the wrestling world would have gone bonkers last night....I know those people will never understand the wrestling circle but it wasn't plausible last night.

Heard they confiscated all the Benoit signs at Smackdown. Lame.

Given the situation, its probably for the best. Complete and utter seperation from the name Chris Benoit in any way, shape, or form.

Reading some of the comments on various websites, it seems like quite a few people were offended by some of the goings on during ECW. Specifically, wrestlers using chokeholds (considering the nature of the deaths) , the "GTS" (go to sleep) reference, and the overall lightness to the show (complete with a comedy segment). I know this is WWE and all, but I think people are just reaching now for more ways to pile on the criticism.

I think the WWE has handled this all pretty well considering all that has gone on, regardless of what Dan Abrams thinks.

FOX NEWS INTERVIEWS NANCY BENOIT'S EX-HUSBAND, KEVIN SULLIVAN

Former professional wrestler Kevin Sullivan expressed shock and sadness over the death of his ex-wife, Nancy Benoit, whose body was found in her suburban Atlanta home Monday along with those of her 7-year-old son, Daniel, and husband, pro wrestler Chris Benoit, in an apparent murder-suicide.

Sullivan married the former Nancy Daus in 1985. The couple was still married in the 1990s when a scripted rivalry between Benoit and Sullivan in the now-defunct World Championship Wrestling (WCW) resulted in Benoit as the victor on the mat. However, a real romance blossomed between Benoit and Nancy, who eventually split with Sullivan and married Benoit in 2000.

From his home in Tavernier, Fla., in the Florida Keys, where he owns and runs a gym called Froggy’s Fitness with his wife, Linda, Sullivan said he had not spoken to his ex-wife since their split. He told FOXNews.com he learned of the grisly crime, which reportedly took place over several days, from television news on Monday evening.

“It’s surreal,” said Sullivan, who did not have children with Nancy Benoit. “She was a nice person. We just went our separate ways. She was nice and very loving and I’m sure she was a good mother.”

Sullivan said he did not know Benoit well outside the ring. “I never associated with him, so I really don’t know his personality,” he said. … “[but] I’m sad for all three, especially the child.”

Nancy's death comes 26 years to the month that the former valet and manager to wrestlers had her big break in professional wrestling.

It was June 1984 when she scored the cover of Wrestling All-Stars magazine. Nancy — born May 21, 1964 in Daytona Beach, Florida — had at that point worked as a model before and sat ringside to watch pro wrestling matches.

Just a month after her magazine shoot, she met Sullivan. He quickly fell in love with her, and soon after Nancy was a part of Sullivan's entourage in Florida Championship Wrestling. As part of the "Satanists," she took the name of Fallen Angel.

They were married the next year, and Nancy's career in professional wrestling was quickly being cemented.

In 1989, she began with the WCW, when she sat ringside to support brothers Rick and Scott Steiner as a character named Robin Green, who was supposed to be a fan obsessed with Rick. Finally, Rick allowed her to sit ringside with the brothers.

During that fateful televised match, though, Nancy revealed herself as a new character — Woman — costing the Steiners a win with her distraction.

With her new persona, she left the WCW.

But after a few years helping Kevin independently and doubling as a valet in the ECW — most notably for the cigarette-smoking, beer-guzzling Sandman, and another wrestler named 2 Cold Scorpio — Nancy and Kevin made a move back to the WCW in 1994.

By the end of the year, she was managing the Four Horsemen, who consisted of Ric Flair, Brian Pillman, Arn Anderson, and her future husband, Chris Benoit.

Soon after, Nancy began an on-screen, storyline relationship with Benoit. By 1997, the Benoit relationship had turned serious, and she and Sullivan divorced.

But there may be more to that divorce than meets the eye.

Sullivan's supposed intent in the late '90s was to retire from wrestling and focus on a career in booking, according to various media reports. However, Kevin is said to have caused Nancy to quit wrestling when he created a pay-per-view skit where she would appear topless; Nancy refused.

In 1997, Benoit beat Sullivan in one final match between the two, largely ending the public feud. Benoit left the WCW in 2000 for the World Wrestling Federation (now World Wrestling Entertainment, or WWE).

Nancy had a son, Daniel, with Benoit that same year, on February 23. They married two days later. With Nancy's career as a valet over, she began managing her husband's career from their new Atlanta home. Her life as a mother and work-at-home wife began and life was sweet.

At Wrestlemania XX, Nancy joined her husband Chris in the ring to celebrate after he won the World Heavyweight Title.

But in May 2003, Nancy filed for a divorce, saying their three-year union was irrevocably broken and alleging "cruel treatment."

She later dropped the complaint, as well as a request for a restraining order in which she charged that Benoit had threatened her and had broken furniture in their home.

In the divorce filing, she said Benoit made more than $500,000 a year as a professional wrestler and asked for permanent custody of Daniel and child support. In his response, Benoit sought joint custody.

Four years later, on June 25, 2007, cops say Chris Benoit strangled his wife, suffocated his 7-year-old son, and placed a Bible next to their bodies before hanging himself by the pulley of a weightlifting machine in their Atlanta home.

Nancy was killed Friday in an upstairs family room, her feet and wrists were bound and there was blood under her head, indicating a possible struggle, Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard said. Daniel was likely killed late Saturday or early Sunday, the body found in his bed, Ballard said.

Benoit apparently killed himself between several hours and as long as a day later, Ballard said. Cops are unaware of any motive.

The storybook beginning for Nancy's life in wrestling ends in tragedy.

Reading some of the comments on various websites, it seems like quite a few people were offended by some of the goings on during ECW. Specifically, wrestlers using chokeholds (considering the nature of the deaths) , the "GTS" (go to sleep) reference, and the overall lightness to the show (complete with a comedy segment). I know this is WWE and all, but I think people are just reaching now for more ways to pile on the criticism.

Some people will take this and turn it into their agenda to hate the WWE for any and everything.....

This is random and stupid, but I can't access deathvalleydriver, but I'm curious as to how big there Beniot thread is, as their website usually has x3 the size threads in discussions like this

This is random and stupid, but I can't access deathvalleydriver, but I'm curious as to how big there Beniot thread is, as their website usually has x3 the size threads in discussions like this

41 pages, 800 or so replies and over 100,000 views. they did away with the non stick forum for some dumb reason. i think though they deleted the original thread for it too.

They closed like 2 Benoit threads already.....they did away with non-stick because they thought "there were to many idiots on the board" remember it is the elitest board.......

Pretty much if you post anything that doesn't infer that he's a total piece of shit that should rot in hell you are an asshole and thread closed. That was what I saw earlier there.