TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

ok i sent this e-mail to a website and it pretty much sums up how i feel overall about this and what the effect on wrestling could be:

Monday i was talking to people online and they tell me BENOIT IS DEAD, and i

was like YOUR JOKING RIGHT, i go right to WWE.com and it says Benoit and his

family found dead in their home, i was just in utter shock as were the

people i was talking to and naturally we started to speculate the causes of

death, first thoughts were either someone killed them or it was some sort of

sudden freak illness, then as the day wore on into Raw we were all either

teary eyed or bawling like babies, then after Raw up until about 3 in the

morning more details filtered out and i thought NO THIS IS A LIE BENOIT

WOULDNT DO THIS, then the evidence became clearer by the hour it seemed

i look towards the future, how does this effect the business as a whole,

rather its the largest promotion in the world or the smallest, can the

business recover, i think they can fight through the firestorm but not

without some changes, i can see the Government steppin in and put some sort

of sanction much the same way they did to Major League Baseball

ok about Chris Benoit, he was one of the best workers in the industry, but

his legacy is gonna be forever remembered as a cold blooded killer, honestly

i damn him for what he did but in the same turn i thank him for great

wrestling memories

Nate

Crimson Mask I at WC just posted the following:

Okay I've gotten a little more info. Some of this is gonna be repetitive to what's already been posted. Some of it is gonna be very graphic.

He killed Nancy on Friday night. He overpowered her, shoved her to the floor and tied her hands and feet or vice versa, put his knee in her back, wrapped the TV cable around her neck and strangled her by pulling up on it, and smashed her face into the floor after she died, accounting for the blood under her head. The police theory is that she told him she was leaving and taking Daniel.

About 12 hours later on Saturday morning, he killed Daniel in his room with the Crippler Crossface.

About 18 hours after that, on Sunday, he went into his weight room in the basement, wrapped his neck with some kind of cloth, fixed the pulley cable from his weight machine around it with the stack engaged, held himself down on the bench with a pair of heavy dumbbells, and then released the dumbbells, letting the pulley snap up and hanging himself on the weight machine.

The police theory is not roid rage because of the time gaps between the killings. They believe steroids may or may not have contributed to his mental problems as he's been acting in a paranoid manner for the past year or so, believing somebody was out to get him, but they are not looking at them as a direct cause.

They suspect killing Daniel was in the nature of a control freak issue---the idea of the child being taken away, or being under someone else's control after they die, is too much for them---but mostly because this is the most typical scenario in parental killings, and they don't think they'll ever know what was going on in Chris' head.

There was no note. They're still not sure if he text messaged anybody other than Chavo. It was Chavo who alerted the authorities that something was wrong.

This one doesn't quite add up for me. Namely, the blood on her face. If he shoved her face into the floor - presumably in a rage, thusly, quite hard - something would likely be broken or cut. On that note, the news reports wording on the blood is confusing. How can you have "a little blood" all over your face? That, to me, equals quite a bit more than "a little".

Woah, wait, I must have missed this earlier: he killed his son with the Crippler Crossface?

I really don't know what to fucking think.

Woah, wait, I must have missed this earlier: he killed his son with the Crippler Crossface?

I really don't know what to fucking think.

That's just speculation on another website because the investigator was saying that Benoit may have used a different choke move because there were no hand marks on Daniel's neck.

I personally think he choked him out with a rear naked choke, where the forearm goes around the throat and squeezes.

His other two children are David (around 15 now) and Megan (about 10 I'd say), right? I haven't heard anything about them mentioned hardly at all.

Text Message 2 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit’s cell phone

“The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open”

How humane of him to allow the dogs to live and make sure they would be taken care of....

I haven't watched wrestling at all for the last few months, and haven't watched it regularly in about a year. I just learned of this tragedy a few hours ago. I was probably as shocked and appalled as most of you were, since I was also a pretty big Benoit fan when I did watch wrestling. The only way I can rationalize these disurbing events is that, for whatever reason (yes, possibly "roid rage"), Chris Benoit just wasn't himself when he committed these 2 horrible crimes, and that upon realization of what he did, Chris Benoit killed himself out of guilt. I'll admit that watching Chris Benoit wrestle brought me a great deal of enjoyment for several years. I've bought his merchandise, and own a Benoit DVD, t-shirt, and action figure. However, this can't even remotely begin to make up for how bad I feel that a 7 year-old disabled child and his mother lost their lives in an act of senseless violence.

I've slowly moved on to this phase in grief that leaves me less in shock and more in a state of perplexity. Right now all I can really focus on is how deeply fragile human beings really are. We can be broken in so many ways. I mean honestly, what IS the kind of thoughts one has when in the state he was in as he killed his family? Perhaps no thoughts at all. Some sort of haze, a madness brought on from years of unresolved issues. who knows.

Yes, we cannot be forgiven for what he did, not by any human standards. However, I think in time it'll become easier for most of the people outraged to slowly understand in a way, that what he did he did not as the man we grew up admiring.. but a broken-down man who lost to his inner demons. This really is a tragedy, so senseless and disturbing.

and for the record, while I personally feel gross at the fact that he is being wiped out from WWE history, it really is the best possible thing WWE can do right now. My feelings obviously stem from the still-diffcult to overcome disbelief that this has actually happened. I hope God is a merciful one.

... I hope God is a merciful one.

All of your points are well-taken. But I don't think Benoit deserves one ounce of mercy from God. People who kill helpless children deserve to burn in the hottest flames of hell.

Thinking too much about things in life can be overwhelming.I mean deeply thinking about stuff.I guess the trick is snapping yourself back.I'm still in shock at what Benoit did.I wish he had that inner voice that said 'snap back into our reality,Chris.Our rules and laws' and not let this happen.One of the text messages he sent (and repeated)

My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

Why does he say "My physical address"?

I read a few posts back about recently being religious.Was he in some sort of religious state of mind?Did he seperate his physical being with a spiritual one?Some may think I'm over analyzing,but remember what people said about Benoit.He was quiet a lot.When a person isn't talking,what is he doing?He's thinking.I am just approaching this with deep thought reflection,as probably Benoit did,and as investigators hopefully are.

Guest shoryuken007

I don't mean to ramble here, but I don't have very many friends that watch wrestling and I need to vent. I know I'm new, long time lurker, so hopefully I won't come off as stupid.

Last night, after watching the tribute show on DVR and following the news bits, I spent some time watching old matches of his. Against Angle at the RR, Orton at SummerSlam, Jericho at the RR '01 (in full). I was hoping that I could just focus on how good he was in the ring. Turns out that I can't, at least not yet, anyway. Right now I'm saying two prayers (not to be trite) -- one for Nancy, Daniel, and his family, and a very selfish one that maybe one day I can watch him work again and enjoy it without feeling guilty.

Crimson Mask I at WC just posted the following:

Okay I've gotten a little more info. Some of this is gonna be repetitive to what's already been posted. Some of it is gonna be very graphic.

He killed Nancy on Friday night. He overpowered her, shoved her to the floor and tied her hands and feet or vice versa, put his knee in her back, wrapped the TV cable around her neck and strangled her by pulling up on it, and smashed her face into the floor after she died, accounting for the blood under her head. The police theory is that she told him she was leaving and taking Daniel.

About 12 hours later on Saturday morning, he killed Daniel in his room with the Crippler Crossface.

About 18 hours after that, on Sunday, he went into his weight room in the basement, wrapped his neck with some kind of cloth, fixed the pulley cable from his weight machine around it with the stack engaged, held himself down on the bench with a pair of heavy dumbbells, and then released the dumbbells, letting the pulley snap up and hanging himself on the weight machine.

The police theory is not roid rage because of the time gaps between the killings. They believe steroids may or may not have contributed to his mental problems as he's been acting in a paranoid manner for the past year or so, believing somebody was out to get him, but they are not looking at them as a direct cause.

They suspect killing Daniel was in the nature of a control freak issue---the idea of the child being taken away, or being under someone else's control after they die, is too much for them---but mostly because this is the most typical scenario in parental killings, and they don't think they'll ever know what was going on in Chris' head.

There was no note. They're still not sure if he text messaged anybody other than Chavo. It was Chavo who alerted the authorities that something was wrong.

This one doesn't quite add up for me. Namely, the blood on her face. If he shoved her face into the floor - presumably in a rage, thusly, quite hard - something would likely be broken or cut. On that note, the news reports wording on the blood is confusing. How can you have "a little blood" all over your face? That, to me, equals quite a bit more than "a little".

ah man i think i am seriously sick to my stomach, any statement i made about how he should be remembered as a great pro wrestler i wanna retract that right this very minute

No football fans can watch footage of O.J. Simpson the same anymore. Nor can anyone watch the Naked Gun movies the same anymore. The same will hold true for Benoit.

In terms of wrestling, this is a damned shame. Benoit's going to be erased from everything. He'll never be on another DVD. All the PPVs, Raws, and Nitros he appeared on will be edited to completely remove all mentions of him and will never appear on anything WWE 24/7 ever airs anymore.

Benoit & Guerrero at WM20 is one of the greatest moments in wrestling history that will never, ever be looked at fondly again. It will only be met with chilling silence, as Benoit embraces the wife and child he later would murder in cold blood 3 years later.

Guest frostdude1

There is no way to defend or justify wut he did ... he was a fuckin lunatic and should never be remembered for anything more than a murderer

I'm kinda seeing the difference between the relgious and non-regious thinkers in here. I don't know how anyone can see Benoit as a cold hearted murderer rather than a human being that lost control over himself. I will never excuse Benoit for what he did. Had he not killed himself I would call for him to be put to death or remanned to a mental institution for the remainder of his life. It just kind of cut and dry for me who sees him as a guy who should "ROT IN HELL!!!!!!" and who sees this from a psych standpoint. If you want to call blame Vince for anything, it's neglecting to understand what kind of stress he puts his wrestlers under. WWE needs to employee a full time counsoler that travels with them and everything that these guys can confidentially go to when it gets to be too much for them. I was never a Benoit fanboy like so many, but I really hate the fact that he went from pro-wrestling God of all time to cold hearted insane murderer of his own motherfucking family in the blink of an eye. Nobody deserves that kind of fate.

No football fans can watch footage of O.J. Simpson the same anymore. Nor can anyone watch the Naked Gun movies the same anymore. The same will hold true for Benoit.

In terms of wrestling, this is a damned shame. Benoit's going to be erased from everything. He'll never be on another DVD. All the PPVs, Raws, and Nitros he appeared on will be edited to completely remove all mentions of him and will never appear on anything WWE 24/7 ever airs anymore.

Benoit & Guerrero at WM20 is one of the greatest moments in wrestling history that will never, ever be looked at fondly again. It will only be met with chilling silence, as Benoit embraces the wife and child he later would murder in cold blood 3 years later.

I still love watching the Naked Gun movies, even though I know what he did. I never watched the NFL before that though.

my thing is this

of course he did what he did, and there's a place somewhere where he can answer why, if he can answer why.

but you can't erase him from the wrestling record books

just like you can't take away O.J. getting 2,000 yards in a 14 game season

Haven't been watching this thread closely and I'm not going to search back through all the pages... but has Jericho said anything about all of this yet? The two seemed close.

Text Message 2 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit’s cell phone

How humane of him to allow the dogs to live and make sure they would be taken care of....

He may have meant to keep the (guard) dogs away from the bodies' potential finders...

Thinking too much about things in life can be overwhelming.I mean deeply thinking about stuff.I guess the trick is snapping yourself back.I'm still in shock at what Benoit did.I wish he had that inner voice that said 'snap back into our reality,Chris.Our rules and laws' and not let this happen.One of the text messages he sent (and repeated)

I read a few posts back about recently being religious.Was he in some sort of religious state of mind?Did he seperate his physical being with a spiritual one?Some may think I'm over analyzing,but remember what people said about Benoit.He was quiet a lot.When a person isn't talking,what is he doing?He's thinking.I am just approaching this with deep thought reflection,as probably Benoit did,and as investigators hopefully are.

Perhaps he wanted to differentiate it from mail-only addresses that I'm sure is common among celebrities...

In the Edmonton Sun, Dr. John Bradford, associate chief of the integrated forensic program for the Royal Ottawa Health Care Group, said murder-suicides that wipe out a family are most often carried out by the father who believes his family will be "better off in heaven" than alive.

"The most usual cause is a major depression, normally a severe one with psychotic features," said Bradford, also a professor of forensic psychiatry at the University of Ottawa.,

Murder-suicides are often referred to as "extended suicides," when the killer decides life is not worth living him for himself or his loved ones. Bradford said steroid usage carries "a lot of baggage" because they alter both body and brain chemistry. "People that abuse steroids carry with them an increase risk of rage and rage attacks. There’s also an increased risk of depression, so it’s kind of a double whammy," he said.

He said smothering children is a common way death is caused by parents who believe there is less suffering.

He may have meant to keep the (guard) dogs away from the bodies' potential finders...

Then why did the cops have a hard time getting in with the dogs in the yard?Couldn't the have entered where the garage was?

I read a few posts back about recently being religious.Was he in some sort of religious state of mind?Did he seperate his "physical being with a spiritual one?Some may think I'm over analyzing,but remember what people said about Benoit.He was quiet a lot.When a person isn't talking,what is he doing?He's thinking.I am just approaching this with deep thought reflection,as probably Benoit did,and as investigators hopefully are.

Perhaps he wanted to differentiate it from mail-only addresses that I'm sure is common among celebrities...

Ok,I see.But I would think the people he texted it too would know his address.Maybe not.And I wonder if the text messages were repeated to the same two parties again or different ones.I think the last text was to someone different and didn't say "My physical address"

from wwe.com:

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Chris Benoit was scheduled to appear at the WWE SmackDown/ ECW live event in Beaumont, Texas

3:30pm

"

A co-worker received a voice message from Benoit. The message from Benoit stated he missed his flight and over slept and would be late to the WWE Live Event. The co-worker called Benoit back, Benoit confirmed everything he said in his voice message and sounded tired and groggy. Benoit then stated, “I love you”. The co-worker stated that it was “out of context.”

"

Probably Chavo?

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/detailedbenoittimeline

Ok,I see.But I would think the people he texted it too would know his address.Maybe not.And I wonder if the text messages were repeated to the same two parties again or different ones.I think the last text was to someone different and didn't say "My physical address"

Even if they did know, just sending a message that vague and mysterious would probably send a signal to the recipients to go and check the place out... To me it just clearly seems like he wanted the bodies found... As for the missing "physical", I don't know, maybe he felt that it was unnecessary after typing it 3 times.

My computer's been broke since Sunday, so I only found out about Benoit's death on Tuesday afternoon. It sure made watching Vengeance a little odd, especially seeing as it was probably the best PPV of the year, yet it will forever be tainted.

At the moment I really don't know what to think about Benoit. What he did was horrific in so many ways, it is possibly one of the worst crimes I've heard about since I've been born. There is no excuses for anything he did, and in my mind no way to condone any of the 3 deaths.

You know, I was going to debate in this post whether I could watch Benoit's work and enjoy it. But that issue is so minute, that I feel slightly ashamed for even thinking about it.

Then why did the cops have a hard time getting in with the dogs in the yard?Couldn't the have entered where the garage was?

I didn't know about this and I don't know...

I didn't know about this and I don't know...

Yeah,I thought I saw on an interview the cops had a little trouble getting in the gates because of the dogs.I thought maybe they said it at the press conference.

I still love watching the Naked Gun movies, even though I know what he did. I never watched the NFL before that though.

I agree. If anything, OJ's role is only made better.

Can't say the same about Chris' matches, though. I think I'll give it a few years and try again.