TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

The majority of cases of suicide are the result of depression, and more importantly, mental illness. So I can hardly see how suicide is selfish.

With the said, individuals that commit heinous acts such as this deserve our sympathy, for they too are victims

So of all the people that have spoken up one way or another from Bret to all the WWE "condolences" on wwe.com to a lot of former wrestlers. But I have to admit, there is one name, and pretty much only one name I surprised to not hear anything from yet. Has anyone heard anything from Rey Mysterio?

I hope His wife and Dominik are sleeping with one eye open

That goes double for Mrs. Angle

Who would have thought the Smackdown Six would have ended up like this.

Eddy - Dead

Benoit - Murder/Suicide

Edge - Adultery (though it pretty much lead to him winning the title, go figure)

Angle - Possibly crazy, left company

Rey - ???

Chavo - ???

So living a life that is completely misrable and more than likely taking medication that will alter your body is okay? I think it's selfish on both parts, to be completely honest.

Person A - I want to die because I am depressed, and really, really unhappy.

Person B - I want you to live because I love you/care, so, just swallow those pills to make you "happy".

So of all the people that have spoken up one way or another from Bret to all the WWE "condolences" on wwe.com to a lot of former wrestlers. But I have to admit, there is one name, and pretty much only one name I surprised to not hear anything from yet. Has anyone heard anything from Rey Mysterio?

Eddy - Dead

Benoit - Murder/Suicide

Edge - Adultery (though it pretty much lead to him winning the title, go figure)

Rey - ???

Chavo - ???

I feel just awful for Chavo

Edge looked like he tooks this pretty hard as well

By the way, Jacques Rougeau was on many different shows here in Montreal since Monday.

He slammed the WWE bigtime and basically blamed roids for what happened. Said that the majority of the guys took them in the 80s and 90s but he never did. He also said the WWE offered him good $$$ to show up to a few shows but he refused because of the direction that the company has taken the last 10 years, which are against his values.

Rougeau runs his own fed in Montreal (a family oriented promotion where chairs or any other weapon is not permitted and where alcohol is not allowed to be sold during the event). He also makes regular appearances in schools to speak out against steroids and violence.

Have any of you heard how Japan covering this story, reacting to it? He was quite respected there as well.

All I've been able to find is this on http://ajpw.puroresufan.com/

After the main event, Keiji Muto gave the love pose to the skies and dedicated the match to former dojomate, Chris Benoit who passed away yesterday.

Mind you, I think that took place on Monday so who knows if the news was over there as to how it all went down or not. Either way I don't see anything on Strong Style Spirit or on any of the official company sites.

So living a life that is completely misrable and more than likely taking medication that will alter your body is okay? I think it's selfish on both parts, to be completely honest.

Person A - I want to die because I am depressed, and really, really unhappy.

Person B - I want you to live because I love you/care, so, just swallow those pills to make you "happy".

It really depends on the person and the situation. Maybe they want to seek out treatment by taking pills, or going through therapy or whatever. As long as they have access to options that can help rehabilitate.

Eddy - Dead

Benoit - Murder/Suicide

Rey - ???

Chavo - ???

Wierd isn't it? Such a great group of performers and now in shambles. Reminds me of how the Hart Foundation group turned out...

C-Bacon's bleeding heart troll gimmick is gold, Jerry, gold.

Also, to everyone in denial about the steroids, a couple of things. 1) While roid rage is basically out of the question at this point, it isn't the only psychiatric side effect steroids can have. Dementia, paranoia and depression are also side effects. 2) Cycling off steroids can also cause psychiatric problems, so if Benoit isn't found to have had steroids in his body (meaning he cycled off lately), it doesn't mean steroids have nothing to do with the problem.

Have any of you heard how Japan covering this story, reacting to it? He was quite respected there as well.

All I've been able to find is this on http://ajpw.puroresufan.com/

After the main event, Keiji Muto gave the love pose to the skies and dedicated the match to former dojomate, Chris Benoit who passed away yesterday.

Mind you, I think that took place on Monday so who knows if the news was over there as to how it all went down or not. Either way I don't see anything on Strong Style Spirit or on any of the official company sites.

Just got reminded about this:

http://www.puroresupower.com/

The majority of cases of suicide are the result of depression, and more importantly, mental illness. So I can hardly see how suicide is selfish.

With the said, individuals that commit heinous acts such as this deserve our sympathy, for they too are victims

Unfortunately, I can't give Benoit sympathy due to my mental deficiencies. Which are not my fault. Tough break for Chris.

I'm just watching the Nancy Grace thing now. I can't believe she says "being demoted to RAW" from being a Four Horseman. Like wow. Who filled her in on that one? Does she even realize that we're talking about two different companies at the time? Probably not. What a tool, either way.

- WWE superstar King Booker sat down with KHOU out of Houston, Texas today to talk about the Benoit tragedy. Below are some of the highlights.

Booker said that he knew Benoit personally and as most people in the business that knew Benoit have said, commented that he had never seen a bad side of Benoit. He noted that he knew Benoit’s wife Nancy and all of his children. He characterized what has happened as completely "out of the norm and unexplainable."

Booker noted that he wrestled Benoit in 75-100 matches and just recently talked to him for about thirty minutes about the wrestling business. "We're all tired at certain points, we work a lot of hours, but I never saw this side of Chris. I've never seen Chris mad. I've never seen Chris angry. He was always the guy with a lot of positive energy, always pushing the guys."

He went on to tell a story of a student that came to his wrestling school in Houston, Texas to be trained. Booker said that the student arrived from Illinois, with “no way to go back” and had $800 in his pocket. He revealed that the student carried around a photo of Benoit and Eddie Guerrero with him, as he was inspired by them to pursue a career in professional wrestling. "That was just the type of person he was, always encouraging people. He didn't even know this guy, but that's the type of person he was." Booker commented.

When “roid rage” was brought up in the interview, Booker commented, "The media is going to put a spin on it, you know. We know that. WWE knows that. Did the guy last week who murders his wife and kid last week have any form of roid rage? He was a cop. This happens in any form of life. I feel like the human life is a delicate piece of equipment and everyone has their breaking point. We don't know what his breaking point was. You don't know what my point is, I don't know what your point is. We're all human. I just think it was a huge malfunction and whatever it was, we may never know. It's not for us to know. It's out of our hands and with God now."

Booker said that the wrestling industry is a huge family and he’s cried and wanted to pull his hair out over the tragedy. He revealed that he loved Chris and said that he is mad to see him "go out like this. I'm pissed at him in certain ways. I wish I could just hold him for a second, but it's out of our hands. I'll be there at the funeral and tell him goodbye and hopefully see him on the other side. Hopefully, I'll find out what happened one day."

Unfortunately, I can't give Benoit sympathy due to my mental deficiencies. Which are not my fault. Tough break for Chris.

Yeah, tough break for the dead guy!

Tough break for the dead guy that tied his wife up and strangled her with a TV cable and then used a wrestling submission hold to murder his mentally-impaired seven-year old son. C'est la vie and all that.

Being deceased and/or mentally unstable doesn't preclude you from being labelled a scumbag murderer and taking responsiblity for your actions.

Guest lo0p

nancy grace cracked the puzzle ..through her investigative research she figured out why benoit killed them. . becuase he went from the 4 horsemen to raw.

Tough break for the dead guy that tied his wife up and strangled her with a TV cable and then used a wrestling submission hold to murder his mentally-impaired seven-year old son. C'est la vie and all that.

Being deceased and/or mentally unstable doesn't preclude you from being labelled a scumbag murderer and taking responsiblity for your actions.

They are responsible insofar of the severity of their condition. No rational or healthy person can murder their family like that. So obviously Benoit had reached the point of no return where his breakdown cause a complete collapse of rational thought and morality. Such a condition isn't something you can just turn off at will.

I've been trying to catch up with this thread about half the day and just caught up.

A fews things I want to comment on.

The bottle of wine: That's really a weird drink of choice after you murdered your family and want to build up the courage to kill yourself. I sort of picture Benoit digging around a wine celler looking for the perfect bottle for a last drink.

Using the Crippler Crossface to kill his son: The wierd thing is, when I heard Benoit chooked his kid to death, that's exactly what I envisoned, in his wrestling gear and all.

Glad I don't watch cable news or I'd be going insane at this point.

They are responsible insofar of the severity of their condition. No rational or healthy person can murder their family like that. So obviously Benoit had reached the point of no return where his breakdown cause a complete collapse of rational thought and morality. Such a condition isn't something you can just turn off at will.

Ok, he was neither rational nor healthy. He was also a 40 year old man who, presuming he was mentally impaired to such a degree that it required professional help, had opportunities to seek that help. It's not my fault, nor his wife's fault, nor his boy's fault that he didn't do that. It's his own fault. He held down a job that paid him enough a year that he could've, realistically, gotten help for whatever his problem was. Apparently, he did not choose to get help or put enough of his resources into getting himself help. He went 40 years of his life without murdering anyone; I don't think the fact that might've had something in his head 'snap' should make him in any way a sympathetic character. There are resources available. That Chris Benoit chose not to take advantage of these resources to an extent that would've caused him to not savagely and brutally murder two people and, in fact, apparently did many things that would contribute to his own mental breakdown does not and should not make him a sympathetic character. He certainly probably did have some type of mental breakdown, but, still, he took two innocent lives. No amount of psychobabble will change that. Chris Benoit is not a victim. Chris Benoit is a murderer.

What's this all about, Al?

Ok, he was neither rational nor healthy. He was also a 40 year old man who, presuming he was mentally impaired to such a degree that it required professional help, had opportunities to seek that help. It's not my fault, nor his wife's fault, nor his boy's fault that he didn't do that. It's his own fault. He held down a job that paid him enough a year that he could've, realistically, gotten help for whatever his problem was. Apparently, he did not choose to get help or put enough of his resources into getting himself help. He went 40 years of his life without murdering anyone; I don't think the fact that might've had something in his head 'snap' should make him in any way a sympathetic character. There are resources available. That Chris Benoit chose not to take advantage of these resources to an extent that would've caused him to not savagely and brutally murder two people and, in fact, apparently did many things that would contribute to his own mental breakdown does not and should not make him a sympathetic character. He certainly probably did have some type of mental breakdown, but, still, he took two innocent lives. No amount of psychobabble will change that. Chris Benoit is not a victim. Chris Benoit is a murderer.

Ok, but we don't know if he was even aware of his condition. Given what we know, he was suffering from depression and dementia, most likely brought on by years of steroid use. Yes, he should have reached out for help and tried to use as many resources as possible, but we really don't know how long this has been going on, and to what extent. He was also a very reserved person and kept most things to himself, especially since Eddie died. Obviously it's not his family or his friends fault that he didn't get help since he seemingly kept it confide to himself. Maybe he is to fault for not trying himself, but again, we don't know the severity of his ailment.

Amen to this.

Benoit might've been crazy or not but he went out of his way to torture his wife by tying her up like a worthless animal and then choking her, even O.J.'s killings pale in comparison to the Benoit tragedy.

Maybe he was aware of his condition and maybe he wasn't. Maybe he had a condition and maybe he just wanted to kill people. Who knows? I still don't think it's appropriate to call Chris Benoit a 'victim' in a thread talking about how he murdered his wife and his 7-year old. Doing that, to me, seems similar to how Nancy Grace and Bill O'Reilly are using the Benoit case to make an issue out of steroids in the WWE as opposed to the actual crime and loss of lives. I don't think the case should be made into a discussion about the status of mental health care in the US, at least not yet.

Maybe he was aware of his condition and maybe he wasn't. Maybe he had a condition and maybe he just wanted to kill people. Who knows? I still don't think it's appropriate to call Chris Benoit a 'victim' in a thread talking about how he murdered his wife and his 7-year old. Doing that, to me, seems similar to how Nancy Grace and Bill O'Reilly are using the Benoit case to make an issue out of steroids in the WWE as opposed to the actual crime and loss of lives. I don't think the case should be made into a discussion about the status of mental health care in the US, at least not yet.

I'd say if he just wanted to kill people, there were plenty of ring rats he could have porked and killed over the years in small towns.

Hey now! Chris Benoit might've been a steroid freak and murderer, but he would NEVER EVER cheat on his wife. That's just wrong!