TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

I'm amazed he actually used the crossface to kill his son. The move can be modified to be both a blood choke and tracheal choke but the fact he actually used it... holy shit.

This shit was obviously a long time coming if he changed his life insurance claim. I have to wonder if Nancy saw Astin before Benoit dropped by later that day, Astin mentioned she'd been by, he went home and asked what she'd went to see Astin about... you'd think given the respect people showed to him he'd have been more secure and confident but he's beginning to sound like an insecure cokehead.

Wow, the damn guy actually used the Crossface on his own little boy to kill him. This case gets sicker by the hour. Benoit looks like more and more like a monster by the hour.

Honestly, i'm not trying to be funny or anything, but I would not be surprised one bit if details come out that Benoit was wearing his wrestling gear when he was found dead.

Wrestlers are always insecure.......

Everyone has insecurities but not everyone has the level of admiration and respect he received from both fans and peers. This guy seems to have systematically arranged his private affairs expecting for something bad to happen to his wife and kid. The crazy thing to think is for maybe months now he's been going out and putting on a face while at work for colleagues, fans and viewers but at the same time planning to cut these people out of his life one way or the other.

Wow, the damn guy actually used the Crossface on his own little boy to kill him. This case gets sicker by the hour. Benoit looks like more and more like a monster by the hour.

Honestly, i'm not trying to be funny or anything, but I would not be surprised one bit if details come out that Benoit was wearing his wrestling gear when he was found dead.

Deja vu. I must have read this a few times in this thread and on other boards.

Is Meltzer saying Vince knew before the show started? If anyone knew first, it would be him. But then why is he going to let his daughter and son in law look like fools by airing them paying tribute to a murderer?

I just finished watching The Hard Knocks DVD. As someone who grew up watching wrestling, trained in it, and just simply idolized Benoit and the career he had, I just can't express how much this whole thing has gotten to me. My girlfriend asks me why I care so much and the simple answer is that I've been watching Benoit since ECW/WCW when I was younger and when I got older I watched his Japan work and basically, I've always wanted the career in professional wrestling that Benoit had. From training in the Dungeon, to work in Japan, ECW, WCW, and capping it off with winning the World Heavyweight Title at Wrestlemania XX. To see this happen to my hero, its just heart-breaking.

I cannot help but wonder if Benoit told his son they were going to "play wrestle" and then he just put him in the crossface and choked the life out of him.

Count me in as someone else who has wondered if Benoit killed himself in his wrestling gear. The reports we got were that the scene was "bizarre" but Bibles by the bodies do not count as bizarre to me. Something is not being reported.

I'm not so delusional that I don't believe Benoit did it, but I'm still finding it hard to think that he killed his own son with the Crippler Crossface. Is there no other possible choke positions where there could be pressure on the victim's arm and using your arms to choke the victim (As I guess throttling with the hands was ruled out due to lack of bruising on the neck)?

The reports we got were that the scene was "bizarre" but Bibles by the bodies do not count as bizarre to me. Something is not being reported.

When one of the ADA's (I think) was questioned about what the 'bizarre' aspect was, in the first press conference, he said it was in reference to it being a murder/suicide, because he considered such an incident bizarre for the area.

that regal tribute, in retrospect, chills me a little bit.

How about Malenko's? He gave Benoit the Crippler Crossface. THAT is chill-worthy.

So, if Chris changed his life insurance policy weeks in advance of the murders to take out Nancy and Daniel, wouldn't that seem to suggest that he most likely had thoughts of offing them prior to last weekend? I wonder if the news media will report that, as reporting it would seem to dillute the validity of the 'roid rage' angle.

I think that people can collect on suicide, but only if it's been a certain number of years since they took the policy out, like two years or so.

Guest Warriorfan

Hello, it is great to be here.

When I first saw Deborah on Fox News I was very sympathetic to her story and thought that her demeanor was understandable given the tragedy that has just taken place. After watching her with Bill Demott the other night my opnion has changed drasticly. At this point, Deborah appears to be nothing but an opportunist seeking to equate her history of abuse with Austin to every negative element of wrestling including the Benoit tragedy. While it is true Nancy Benoit filed a restraining order; within the document she never claimed that Benoit assaulted her in any way. Furthermore, no other claims were made for nearly 4 more years. For both Deborah and Hannity and Colmes to ignore this fact in their pursuit to further demonize Benoit and sensationalize this affair even more is reprehensible.

Downhome is correct, the suicide clause in most life insurance policies is that proceeds will not be paid if the insured commits suicide within two years after the policy is issued. That's pretty much the standard although there are some where suicide is excluded for only one year.

Is Meltzer saying Vince knew before the show started? If anyone knew first, it would be him. But then why is he going to let his daughter and son in law look like fools by airing them paying tribute to a murderer?

You never know with Vince. He has a sick mind, just think about some of the storylines throughout the years.

I wouldn't be surprised that a little part of Vince would have loved Benoit to not commit suicide and to somehow avoid any prison sentence (or minimal sentence) so he could hire him again and turn him into the biggest heel in the company's history. "Hire him" under the excuse that a man is allowed to make a living. If that scenario was at all possible (which is not because Benoit would have been in prison for the rest of his days), there's no doubt in my mind Vince would have considered it.

I have a lot of trouble believing the statement that Benoit had few friends. If anything, he seemed like he had a lot of good people who considered themselves as his great friends, such as Jericho, Hart, Booker T, Chavo, Dean, and at least a half dozen others. If he had few friends, then what to say about 95% of the population?

That Geraldo at Large show just started, and he starts the show referring to the Benoit story as "the double murder steroid suicide". Once again, Debra will be on, as well as something from the WO, not sure which since I've heard two different things.

I wonder how much he can get wrong in an entire hour, since he got so much wrong in just a few minutes the other day.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
-Chris recently opened up a new life insurance claim naming his ex-wife and his older 2 kids as the beneficiaries and refused to include Nancy or Daniel.

Could he have had another policy in which Nancy and Daniel were included?

You never know with Vince. He has a sick mind, just think about some of the storylines throughout the years.

I wouldn't be surprised that a little part of Vince would have loved Benoit to not commit suicide and to somehow avoid any prison sentence (or minimal sentence) so he could hire him again and turn him into the biggest heel in the company's history. "Hire him" under the excuse that a man is allowed to make a living. If that scenario was at all possible (which is not because Benoit would have been in prison for the rest of his days), there's no doubt in my mind Vince would have considered it.

Don't ever think for a second that Vince McMahon would be the only promoter to ever do that.

I have a lot of trouble believing the statement that Benoit had few friends. If anything, he seemed like he had a lot of good people who considered themselves as his great friends, such as Jericho, Hart, Booker T, Chavo, Dean, and at least a half dozen others. If he had few friends, then what to say about 95% of the population?

In Benoit's head he may of thought he had few real friends. Booker T., Jericho are guys he got along with, but never considered them to be friends.

I do life insurance for a living and can confirm that the suicide clause is a period of two years. After the two year anniversary of a policy, the beneficiaries can collect even on suicide. Meltzer said he took out a "new" policy "recently." He did not say that he changed his old policy, but took a new one out.

To me, that could mean that he was contemplating something like this somewhere in his mind, but it could mean other things as well. Consider this: if you were a high-income individual with two families (i.e. an ex-spouse and children, plus your new spouse and children), and you have your current family covered in case of your death, would you consider getting additional life insurance for your ex and your children's needs? I deal with this sort of thing daily, and that was the first thing that crossed my mind. When you consider minors with your previous wife, they are most likely getting child support. What happens to that when you pass away? Who will get your social security benefit until the children are 18? Would it be the children from the previous marriage? The child from the current marriage? Replacing income is something you have to think about, because you are talking about an infinite amount of time. If both families rely heavily on your income in some form or another, then it would make the most sense to have both families as beneficiaries of different policies.

The word "recently" could mean the past few weeks, sometime this past year, or within the last few years. With the details we have now, we might think it sounds fishy, but their could be a very legitimate reason that a new policy was taken out. These are the kinds of things I try to educate people on daily.