TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Alex Marvez just said that the word on the street has been that if you've ever needed/wanted something, then Benoit's doctor was the guy you went to.

I'm not sure if I believe everything Dave said. Where did he get this information from? If it's true, then it's time for the authorities to pay him a visit and find out since it sounds like someone might have known Benoit was planning this for a while.

I'm looking at you Chavo.

That Geraldo at Large show just started, and he starts the show referring to the Benoit story as "the double murder steroid suicide". Once again, Debra will be on, as well as something from the WO, not sure which since I've heard two different things.

I wonder how much he can get wrong in an entire hour, since he got so much wrong in just a few minutes the other day.

He makes me so sick I'm not going to watch it, besides I'm about to head out and I don't want to be irritated. But I hope some folks let fox know what how disgustingly wrong this piece of garbage has been in his reporting. Quite frankly there is NO excuse for the rookie like reporting that he has been doing being on a major network, or hell even some backwoods middle of no where local station for that matter. I along with everyone else has had to stomach him for a while now on fox and this is the last straw with me with regard to geraldo

I'm not sure if I believe everything Dave said. Where did he get this information from? If it's true, then it's time for the authorities to pay him a visit and find out since it sounds like someone might have known Benoit was planning this for a while.

I'm looking at you Chavo.

It depends how much chavo knew. If he just knew Benoit was depressed, then he doesn't shoulder any of the blame because how could he possibly know Benoit would go off the deep end like that?

However, if he knew about Benoit's more crazier behaviour (thinking someone was following him, not letting Nancy out at night) then he was duty bound to say something.

Anyway, who did tell Meltzer about Benoit's paranoid behaviour? And why didn't they speak up sooner? I know if my friend was acting extremely paranoid and thought someone was following them without any proof whatsoever, I would get them help whether they liked it or not. Too late now.

I have a lot of trouble believing the statement that Benoit had few friends. If anything, he seemed like he had a lot of good people who considered themselves as his great friends, such as Jericho, Hart, Booker T, Chavo, Dean, and at least a half dozen others. If he had few friends, then what to say about 95% of the population?

In Benoit's head he may of thought he had few real friends. Booker T., Jericho are guys he got along with, but never considered them to be friends.

How many people have more than a few real friends? Even with the recent deaths of friends, it seemed to me Benoit still had more real friends than the average person. He wasn't a loner.

The way I look at that is that co-workers do not equal REAL friends automatically. I have a bunch of people at work that I am friends with. I also do not involve them with my personal stuff, nor do they with me. Too many people misunderstand acquaintances, friends, and true friends.

Benoit was respected by his co-workers, they got along great, soent a lot of time together, etc. They were not REAL friends as he didn't open up to them as he did a very select few, or possibly just Eddie.

The way I look at that is that co-workers do not equal REAL friends automatically. I have a bunch of people at work that I am friends with. I also do not involve them with my personal stuff, nor do they with me. Too many people misunderstand acquaintances, friends, and true friends.

Benoit was respected by his co-workers, they got along great, soent a lot of time together, etc. They were not REAL friends as he didn't open up to them as he did a very select few, or possibly just Eddie.

Wrestlers are different type of co-workers because they travel, train, drink, share hotel rooms together 300 days a year. It's more like family than anything else. In your type of work, you probably go home at the end of the day. These guys see each other more than their own families.

However, if he knew about Benoit's more crazier behaviour (thinking someone was following him, not letting Nancy out at night) then he was duty bound to say something.

Unless he was afraid Chris might go after him. That could keep anyone quiet.

You can't really blame wrestlers.......alot of wrestlers act weird all the time. Just because someone is acting weird doesn't mean he's going to turn into some nut job kiler. Chavo stayed at his house not long ago he obviously didn't think he was to out there at the time....

I remember a time when Steve Austin was extremely paranoid about everything......there's no such thing as a good samaritan law. I know people I think act weird sometimes, I'm sure everyone does but we like to give people we think we know the benefit of the doubt that they won't get so out there to kill people.

Chris Benoit is starting to make Ted Bundy look like a pretty stand-up guy. Killed his son with his own WRESTLING FINISHING MOVE? You can't fucking make this stuff up. That is probably the most disgusting thing I've ever read.

I'm not sure I even believe that it sounds so sensationalistic.........

Howver shouldn't all of that put to bed this constant bullshit about roid rage? However it won't because the media is fuckin stupid and does 0 research.

Chris Benoit is starting to make Ted Bundy look like a pretty stand-up guy.

Ok, now we're pushing it. I'd probably place him on par with Scott Peterson at this point.

The notes from meltzer seem to say he was planning the killings for a while especially thelife insurance claim.

But if Nancy was leaving him, why would he want a life insurance policy with her and Daniel mentioned? Clearly he wouldn't want his death to financially benefit the woman that left him & took his kid with her. He had to figure that any money for Daniel would've just gone to Nancy regardless of when he passed due to Daniel's condition, so.

I was on vacation in Florida this week, and I was debating on watching RAW or not, but I eventully decided to go for it even though I wasn't looking foward to the McMahon suck-fest. I came back to the room early to watch RAW. The opening thing started and then all of the sudden an image came up. At first glance, I thought it was Vince, it would have typical due to the storlyine, but then I looked and saw that it was none other than Chris Benoit. It blacked out, and showed Vince in the empty arena and he announced Chris and his family were dead. After the tribute, I walked outside on the balcony with a drink in hand and just stared at the ocean, and I asked myself "What the fuck happened? What the fuck did I just see?" Then the next day, I learned the horrible details that Chris took the life of his wife and kid before taking his own. I don't know what to think about it almost a week later, but dammit, I will never look at Benoit the same again. I don't even know if I'll be able to watch another match featuring him. Stu Hart, Owen Hart, and Eddie Guerrero must be looking down in shame right now.

You can also take it to mean he had become paranoid that Nancy and Daniel were part of the people out to get him. Which would suggest a state of insanity where he might have truly believe killing them was a self defense action. It all comes down to how paranoid he had become.

Either he removed them as an early sign he was going to kill them, because Nancy was leaving him or because he thought Nancy and Daniel were going to try and kill him. Take your pick, any of them could be right.

I meant to post something about the long amounts of time on the road that they spend together, so it's not like I didn't think of that. However, it still applies; Benoit had "friends" in the WWE that he got along with. He did not have any TRUE friends besides Eddie, apparently. I imagine that he could have had more true friends, but he didn't let them in.

And did no one read the post about the life insurance that I made? It was never reported that he removed Nancy and/or Daniel from his life insurance policy. It said he took out a new policy, and named his ex-wife and their children as the beneficiary of that policy.

Did anyone notice ANYTHING out of place during his last match with Burke?Unusual mannerisms?Anything in retrospect that would show he was going to do this?

Yes, we all did. That is why this whole thing was not a shock to anyone. You could tell when he went for the suplex that he had this facial tic. Right away, I knew he was going to kill his family.

Did anyone notice ANYTHING out of place during his last match with Burke?Unusual mannerisms?Anything in retrospect that would show he was going to do this?

Yes, we all did. That is why this whole thing was not a shock to anyone. You could tell when he went for the suplex that he had this facial tic. Right away, I knew he was going to kill his family.

In retospect

Okay, I was being a dick when you asked it the first time, but here is a serious question for you:

Do you honestly think, in retrospect, that anyone would be able to pick out a mannerism or anything from his last televised wrestling match that would foreshadow the killing of his wife and child, and eventually his suicide?

Can't wait to hear your answer.

Marc Mero, Steve Blackman, and Dave Meltzer on Scarborough Country with Dan Abrams discussing the Benoit murders:

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srCv8gKaKCM

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o06IOsJhs0U

Jesus Christ it's painful to watch/listen to Meltzer "talk"...

Guess you should change the whole "rest in peace" line in your sig then.

No, because before all this happened, he was a decent human being. Unforgiving people don't understand there are things in this world that can damage your brain and make you do sick, crazy things, even though you were basically a good person.

Because he took a picture with you once you know he was a decent human being? You don't know the first thing about what kind of guy Benoit was. I don't care what all the other wrestlers say about him. Like I've said, when do you ever hear people say bad things about serial killers? It's nothing but "Oh I can't believe he'd ever do this, he was such a mild-mannered guy, he loved everyone. This is totally unlike the person I knew." Get a fuckin' clue, dumbass.

All the time. You're just picking out the cliche of "it's always the quiet ones you least suspect." Watch some A&E sometime...

Yesterday. Kurt Angle beat Brock Lesnar in 11 minutes to win the IWGP World Heavyweight Title.

Angle now joins Hulk Hogan as the only ones to have held the WWE and IWGP titles.

WRONG. In order for it to be an IWGP championship match it'd have to be sanctioned by NJPW. That match wasnt. In fact. That belt is the one Lesnar stole and Inoki's IGF is calling it the "IWGP 3rd Belt" - a copyright infringement, btw - the current IWGP champion is Yuji Nagata.

-How's this for eerie. When Vince called all the guys in the ring before RAW to give the news, the stage had been decorated with a casket, reefs, candles with Vince's picture, etc. like a funeral. Talent was told to bring dark suits like a funeral to the taping. I'm sure that was a blast. Vince apparently handled it really well, told anyone who wanted to go home would not be disciplined but guys were basket cases and trying to think of some rationalization (carbon monoxide, etc.)

Reefs?

I love dubq's avatar.

Okay, I was being a dick when you asked it the first time, but here is a serious question for you:

Do you honestly think, in retrospect, that anyone would be able to pick out a mannerism or anything from his last televised wrestling match that would foreshadow the killing of his wife and child, and eventually his suicide?

Can't wait to hear your answer.

Is there that many wrestlers that kill their wife and child, and eventually commit suicide?