TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

"The only thing it doesn't really explain is the wiki entry. I'll think."

This was solved days and days ago.

A fan posted it during the JDay webcast. And then it got deleted. And then he posted it again. Using Stamford as the IP Address to make it seem official. He did this to make it look legit.

Source: Dave Meltzer, on MSNBC

Wonder how long before we find out who "M.J" and "O.G" are. OG could probably be Mysterio but I can't place "M.J" within the business at least close to Benoit.

Oh, Konnan is on Nancy Grace but before he does his speech, the replacement mocks his name. Konnan is doing decent here and admits to using 'roids.

I don't know if this had been posted already but here's an update on the mysterious Wiki editor:

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2007/06/wikipedia-anony.html

The anonymous Wikipedia user, who wrote an entry about Nancy Benoit's death 14 hours prior to police finding her, her son's, and WWE pro wrestler Chris Benoit bodies, is still at large. The user, known by his/her IP address 69.120.111.23, anonymously posted again, this time on WikiNews, explaining that the edit to Benoit's page was just a "terrible coincidence" fueled by rumors and gossip.

Despite the new post, no one knows who this person is. The user's IP address can be pinpointed to Turner and Pepper Ridge Road in Stamford, Connecticut, roughly three miles from WWE Headquarters.

another coincidence?

Well if thats his IP address then he is on the Comcast network (I know this since I work for Comcast and troubleshoot High Speed Internet with them). I could probably find the address or account info for that address, but Comcast's IP address shuffle every week or so, so odds are that IP address is currently being used by someone else right now. Also, I don't want to get fired, so I probably wont bother.

Wonder how long before we find out who "M.J" and "O.G" are. OG could probably be Mysterio but I can't place "M.J" within the business at least close to Benoit.

Mark Jindrak

When mentioning the initials, it says that between April 2004 and September 2005 he dispensed drugs including Percocet, Xanax, Lorcet, and Vicoprofen to the two of them.

Mark Jindrak was not only in WWE at that time, but he was in the middle of a push, working with guys like Eddie, Rey, and Kurt Angle. This is also around the time when he was known as "The Reflection of Perfection".

He also lives in Atlanta, Ga.

The Smoking Gun has some documents related to the Benoit case online:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...071benoit1.html

As much of a tragedy this is.....as long as Vince wants his wrestlers roided up to get ahead in the company, this will never stop. And we can talk in circles about the "wellness policy" all we want, but lately it sounds more and more like an excuse for the workers to stop taking Roids for a short while in order to pass a test......the bottomline is regardless of what Vince tells the public or someone on cable news, he wants his workers to be big muscle-bound freaks. In order for this to happen to his liking, they have to take illegal drugs. If SOME workers are willing to do it, then it puts pressures on the other ones to do it in order to compete. I am sure this will take it's toll, hell we might even have a year or two or workers getting off roids temporarily to make all this attention go away, but like it has before and again, Vince's demands will return soon enough.

I don't see how it's that devastating for WWE. Every professional sport has a credibility problem with their testing programs that surfaces anytime you put five minutes of thought into the subject. The bottom line comes down to whether or not the mainstream really cares. Did the general population think at any point that wrestlers were not on steroids? You'd be hard pressed to find someone who thought they were ever clean.

To most observers, wrestlers on steroids is old news.

They've never been under the spotlight as part of a double murder/suicide investigation before, with the media looking to pin it on 'roid rage'. On it's own, no, wrestlers being on steroids isn't a big deal as far as it being news, but when you've got a major ongoing story like a double murder/suicide, then WWE trying to play down the role of steroids in a manner which can only highlight how poor their testing policy actually is, it doesn't exactly make them look good to a public who already have a low opinion of them to begin with.

I think it reflects more on how tolerant the wwe is of people being on steroids. I mean the test results from what I understand can come strongly positive but if there is a "slight" improvement the next round, no action is taken. WWE not only look like fools here after saying "it couldnt possibly be steroids" and "we test we test!", they look like a company which even promotes the use of steriods because they know they are being taken yet don't immediately hammer someone with a suspension or heavy fine. They allow it to happen because of the stupid idea Mcmahon has that wrestlers have to be certain sizes for people to give a damn about them. Benoit being prescribed all these steroids blows the wwe position out of the water in every possible way.

It really is amazing to me how someone as smart as Mcmahon is suppose to be would even allow himself to be put into this position because it was bound to happen sooner or later. Maybe not in this fashion but eventually he HAD to know the real truth to what goes on would surface in a big way.

Not to mention the fact that I feel Mcmahon is much more responsible for all these drug problems than he has ever been taken to task for. Although Benoit is responsible for what he did, Mcmahon is responsible for creating and allowing an environment where steroid use was allowed to go on or even encouraged . I don't give a damn what his wellness policy says, Mcmahon loves his jacked up musclehead stars and everyone knows it.

The only people I've seen dispute the Fragile X are Nancy's parents........who as Jericho said probably didn't even know. Everyone (except her parents) when they heard about this syndrome and what it does immediatly said oh that fits him.....look at Jericho.

I still don't think you can pinpoint this on steroids, if you could then football and baseball players would be killing people too.

Another thing on the steroid thing...........

What I'm noticing amongst people on TSM here is a "wrestling bubble" where we seem to be able unable to comprehend the actions of WWE. To an extent we can, but right now I'm questioning it. Look at the amount of posts in the last week alone advocating the push of Bobby Lashley. Are you people so trapped in a wrestling bubble that you can't see that keeping a man that looks like he takes steroids like candy IS THE DIRECT OPPOSITE OF A GOOD IDEA?

I remember the last time that the WWE was come down upon for steroids, we got the pushes of Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels as a result. Why are people still saying that Lashley should be on top?

You can count me in the group that thinks wrestlers need more time off. I see no reason why a roster on rotation couldn't still be a money making one. If they did something similar to how NOAH tours they might be better off.

Who is to say if you booked a match for a guy in the last week before he goes off for a week or two that you couldn't just fill the gap with some promos to build interest that way? Hell, when was the last time they did a sit down type of promo ala Foley back during his build as Mankind? For some guys it would be trial by fire to finally learn to cut some compelling shit on the mic. Then they could go and get the rest they need to at least FEEL like they have something of a life of their own. The absence could be filled even with the champion if they just would do some creative scheduling.

What I'm noticing amongst people on TSM here is a "wrestling bubble" where we seem to be able unable to comprehend the actions of WWE. To an extent we can, but right now I'm questioning it. Look at the amount of posts in the last week alone advocating the push of Bobby Lashley. Are you people so trapped in a wrestling bubble that you can't see that keeping a man that looks like he takes steroids like candy IS THE DIRECT OPPOSITE OF A GOOD IDEA?

I remember the last time that the WWE was come down upon for steroids, we got the pushes of Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels as a result. Why are people still saying that Lashley should be on top?

The mere fact that there is a messag board deticated to wrestling filled with fans of the product who put their dollars into the product says in a roundabout way that we condone steroid use.

Oh and by the way, who here is advocating for Lashley to get a push?

I still don't think you can pinpoint this on steroids, if you could then football and baseball players would be killing people too.

Nobody, outside of the sensationalists, are saying it was solely down to steroids. But it would be foolish to rule out the possibility that steroids could have played some part in this, given the effects they're known to have.

The mere fact that there is a messag board deticated to wrestling filled with fans of the product who put their dollars into the product says in a roundabout way that we condone steroid use.

Oh and by the way, who here is advocating for Lashley to get a push?

Read the John Cena thread, someone mentioned that Lashley should get the WWE Championship so Cena could get a break and a few other people are talking about how Lashley/Cena should be saved for SummerSlam because it's the "draw". In my opinion, Cena should squash Lashley at Great American Bash and send Lashley off to "Slimdown land".

And another thing about steroids, is it really that cut and dry as to who is on them? It's definately possible to get big without roids. Granted your big guys would be like Stan Hansen and Bruno Sammartino and would look like big asskickers as opposed to pretty boy bodybuilders. I think that wrestling needs more big guy asskickers instead of guys like Chris Masters who seem more focused on toning their abs as opposed to kicking ass and taking names.

So yeah, if steroids were COMPLETELY eliminated, luckily we'd see more guys of the JBL and Hansen variety. Don't think that your Abercrombie and Fitch model indy guys would suddenly become WWE Champion.

You know what I thought of when it was mentioned he killed himself (and his family) due to finding out about an investigation towards him?

Well I thought of Kerry Von Erich. The details are both similar and not so similar from different angles. I wonder if this is really what put him over the edge.. or if maybe they argued over that?

No Warrior. And now the forensics expert they've been having on thinks the guy who edited Benoit's Wikipedia entry may have gotten information direct from Benoit, in one of the text messages he sent out.

Ha! Warrior couldn't be on because of "unforseen technical difficulties".

Nah, they just found out how fucking crazy he is.

Why is Debra on every one of these shows? Oh, I know why. She'll talk nonstop about how terrible pro wrestling is. Just what they want.

Why is the Wikipedia idiot still being treated as some sort of legitimate source/subject? Do they really think Benoit called him and told him to post that?

They're beating a dead horse.....except for the Astin stuff.

And now the forensics expert they've been having on thinks the guy who edited Benoit's Wikipedia entry may have gotten information direct from Benoit, in one of the text messages he sent out.

No he didn't. He was some idiot who was also posting about fucking Stacy Keibler in the ass and that Chavo rapes women. Why aren't they investigating those posts? How do we know Chavo doesn't do that?

He's some dumbass wrestling fan who had nothing better to do than troll Wikipedia on a Sunday night. Anyone who knows anything about Wikipedia knows that ANYONE can edit almost ANY page at ANY time. It's getting beyond ridiculous that they keep talking about this.

Renowned expert Mark Fuhrman isn't convinced Benoit committed suicide......just sayin is all..........

That's exactly what this case needs. A 4th party.

Guest beau99

To those that care:

Ted DiBiase will be on Greta Van Sustren's show in a few minutes.

I talked to a Brazilian talent manager I am good buds with the other night and while it's arguably a distant source, he gave me a good quote.

"you find me a proffessional athlete that never takes steroids, I will show you a liar amateur. I only know soccer drug tests most, all else are using likely".

The grammar isn't perfect, but you get the idea. Performance enhancers are nothing new and they'll always be part of professional sports as long as athletes want infamy and money and the leagues want popularity and money. The GHB maybe have been extraneous but shit like HGH and steroids aren't anything new. More recreational drugs on the other hand have been showing up in tests lately which he feels just lowers the respect shown towards the type of people he manages who don't dabble.

Renowned expert Mark Fuhrman isn't convinced Benoit committed suicide......just sayin is all..........

honestly in my own opinion i really think this case is still open, but the media (mostly Fox News) is convinced 1000% that it was roid rage and nothing more