TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

OMG IS CHRIS BENOIT STILL DEAD?

Nah, Chris and his family are living safely in the mountains of Oregon with Kurt Cobain, Andy Kaufman, Bruce Lee and Jimi Hendrix.

OMG IS CHRIS BENOIT STILL DEAD?

Nah, Chris and his family are living safely in the mountains of Oregon with Kurt Cobain, Andy Kaufman, Bruce Lee and Jimi Hendrix.

and Tupac. And Elvis.

The media coverage has gotten worse and worse. Since it has to do with Pro Wrestling, there is an endless amount of washed up ex performers who are more than happy to put their faces on TV. And there's plenty of them that were fired by Vince, and have no problem talking shit about him. I'm sure we'll see Dennis Stamp on Scarborough any day now.

Even though the nature of the crime is the total opposite, every media outlet is pinning this on steroids. If you actually READ how he did it, it had nothing to do with being in a rage. I loved Jericho's "It's not like he (makes injecting motion into arm) took some steroids and suddenly wanted to kill his family".

His doctor giving him 10 months of steroids every 3 weeks is a MAJOR, major deal. This could be Zahorian all over again for Vince.

And, despite everything that has happened in the last week, there is a teeny tiny part of me that thinks that Chris might not have done this and been killed along with Nancy and Daniel and set up to look like a murder/suicide. I know, I know, he did it. Meltzer is going to give us 343 pages of Observer to prove it, but I dunno. Maybe all those "throwing up blood/sounding groggy" phone calls were with someone holding a gun to his head.

Damn. I watch too much "Unsolved Mysteries".

Nonetheless, it's gotten pathetic on the news (Debra for what, the 5th time now?), and RAW was actually pretty good tonight since they had to almost create new storylines from scratch.

The only people I've seen dispute the Fragile X are Nancy's parents........who as Jericho said probably didn't even know. Everyone (except her parents) when they heard about this syndrome and what it does immediatly said oh that fits him.....look at Jericho.

Based on Daniel's appearance and the sheer number of people who have stated how Daniel's behavior/development was (other wrestlers like Jericho and people who apparently reached out to the Benoits and vice versa this week in regards to Daniel and his apparent condition), I find it really hard to believe he didn't have a disease that caused him mental retardation /delayed development. But really, a simple karyotype would diagnose this in no time flat.

I talked to a Brazilian talent manager I am good buds with the other night and while it's arguably a distant source, he gave me a good quote.

"you find me a proffessional athlete that never takes steroids, I will show you a liar amateur. I only know soccer drug tests most, all else are using likely".

The grammar isn't perfect, but you get the idea. Performance enhancers are nothing new and they'll always be part of professional sports as long as athletes want infamy and money and the leagues want popularity and money.

This is why it's kinda silly to think Congress will step in here. While one might think a politician looking to get easy notoriety might go after the WWE, the truth is is that is indeed entertainment, and not a real sport. In fact, I guarantee if Baseball wasn't the favorite sport growing up of alot of those Congressmen who called the baseball hearings in Congress, nothing would have ever been done.

There are MANY people doing steroids/HGH in entertainment fields, especially movies (Stallone and those guys in the movie 300 just to name a few). Congress isn't going to go after them, or after the music industry where many musicians die of overdoses/drugs too (and a few murders as well).

The media coverage has gotten worse and worse. Since it has to do with Pro Wrestling, there is an endless amount of washed up ex performers who are more than happy to put their faces on TV. And there's plenty of them that were fired by Vince, and have no problem talking shit about him. I'm sure we'll see Dennis Stamp on Scarborough any day now.

He wasn't booked.

I talked to a Brazilian talent manager I am good buds with the other night and while it's arguably a distant source, he gave me a good quote.

"you find me a proffessional athlete that never takes steroids, I will show you a liar amateur. I only know soccer drug tests most, all else are using likely".

The grammar isn't perfect, but you get the idea. Performance enhancers are nothing new and they'll always be part of professional sports as long as athletes want infamy and money and the leagues want popularity and money.

This is why it's kinda silly to think Congress will step in here. While one might think a politician looking to get easy notoriety might go after the WWE, the truth is is that is indeed entertainment, and not a real sport. In fact, I guarantee if Baseball wasn't the favorite sport growing up of alot of those Congressmen who called the baseball hearings in Congress, nothing would have ever been done.

There are MANY people doing steroids/HGH in entertainment fields, especially movies (Stallone and those guys in the movie 300 just to name a few). Congress isn't going to go after them, or after the music industry where many musicians die of overdoses/drugs too (and a few murders as well).

The huge blow to the WWE will not be from Congress, but rather the Advertisers who pull their Ads off of the TV stations that have WWE programming. This is potentially a HUGE loss of $$$ for stations (kind of like the Imus thing) where these stations may be forced to kick off wrestling off it's network b/c of media pressure.

Wow, in retrospect, I wonder if Vince could have ever thought the signing of the "Radicals" would be ultimately end up being the worst decision in his life that would have the most effect on his company (possibly). Anyone know how much WWE stock has dropped since this Benoit thing started?

But I'm sure he's jumping on that trampoline in a speedo, just waiting for that call from Anderson Cooper.

That made me laugh.

Hard.

You know, there's something I don't understand about McMahon's big man fetish, especially in recent years. They waste a lot of time and energy trying to "train" us and make us like/accept the wrestlers they want. It's the source of half of our complaints about the WWE. "Why push Wrestler A? The crowd is already cheering for Wrestler B, but since Wrestler A is McMahon's darling..."

Sometimes it works: they eventually got HHH over, Cena, even Orton to some extent. Hell, they managed to turn Bradshaw into a guy people liked when he used to be a smark punchline. The point is, eventually all of their huffing and puffing eventually works if they keep at it, and they can make us care about a wrestler nobody gave a shit about?

Soooo... why don't they try to train the audience to accept guys who are smaller and less roided up? Don't tell me it can't work. It might even have to work, if the government is keeping its eye on WWE and its roid needles from now on...

PRESS CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS

-- Records show that Dr. Phil Astin prescribed over 1 million doses of numerous drugs over the past two years, many of them prescription painkillers and anabolic steroids, and many of the prescriptions were un-dated, which is illegal in and of itself.

-- Quote from federal agent giving the press conference: "Dr. Astin allegedly prescribed these drugs like candy."

-- Another quote from federal agent giving the press conference: "Dirty doctors should be on notice that they face federal prosecution and federal prison time."

-- The agent also said, "Alleged in the complaint that Dr. Astin prescribed a very large amount of anabolic steroids to Chris Benoit," including a new ten-month supply of anabolic steroids every 3-to-4 weeks.

-- Dr. Astin was arrested and subsequently released on $125,000 secured bond with numerous conditions, including surrendering his medical license and agreeing to home detention with an electronic monitoring ankle bracelet.

-- Investigators are still searching through Dr. Astin's records, and there were lots of questions that yielded "no comment" responses. U.S. Attorney David Nahmias said additional charges are possible as they have "voluminous" records to search through.

-- Astin's attorney, Manny Arora, is the same attorney who is representing Adam "Pacman" Jones of the Tennessee Titans. He is well known in Atlanta for representing prominent athletes, and worked with Ed Garland representing Ray Lewis in his murder trial.

-- Jerome "New Jack" Williams was on WSB-TV in Atlanta saying he has used steroids, knows who does and doesn't and that the guys all have a doctor they can call 24/7 to get them. He said he became good friends with Nancy in ECW and is very mad at Chris.

You know, there's something I don't understand about McMahon's big man fetish, especially in recent years. They waste a lot of time and energy trying to "train" us and make us like/accept the wrestlers they want. It's the source of half of our complaints about the WWE. "Why push Wrestler A? The crowd is already cheering for Wrestler B, but since Wrestler A is McMahon's darling..."

Sometimes it works: they eventually got HHH over, Cena, even Orton to some extent. Hell, they managed to turn Bradshaw into a guy people liked when he used to be a smark punchline. The point is, eventually all of their huffing and puffing eventually works if they keep at it, and they can make us care about a wrestler nobody gave a shit about?

Soooo... why don't they try to train the audience to accept guys who are smaller and less roided up? Don't tell me it can't work. It might even have to work, if the government is keeping its eye on WWE and its roid needles from now on...

to effect real change, us fans have to demand it

i'm a F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S. {Fan Against Boring Untalented Losers Obviously Using Steriods)

if you see this thread and watch the ECW-Smackdown in New Orleans next week (July 10th, 13th, one side of my sign (I'm in the lower level) will say that (The other side of my sign will support Matt Hardy, if yall can help me come up with ideas for it)

so if you read this thread, look for my sign

but anyways, we can support who we want. the only problem is crowds of young children and women (whom don't know any better and just scream for Cena).

the WWE has been business as usual since Vince's apology 6 days ago. I'm wondering what they're doing or thinking about behind the scenes to change and look at ideas like an offseason, lighter schedule, etc.

maybe i'm an internet fan with too much time on my hands. maybe the WWE wants me to pay my $30.00 for my ticket, watch the TV programs, hit their website, and shut up. I'm not that kind of person, and I definitely won't be that kind of fan

Hate to burst your bubble, but as long as you are paying your money to come to the show, WWE doesn't give a fuck what your little sign reads. They'll swipe it at the door if they see anything they don't want on TV.

You'd be sending a bigger message by not giving them your money than making a silly little sign.

The grammar isn't perfect, but you get the idea. Performance enhancers are nothing new and they'll always be part of professional sports as long as athletes want infamy and money and the leagues want popularity and money. The GHB maybe have been extraneous but shit like HGH and steroids aren't anything new. More recreational drugs on the other hand have been showing up in tests lately which he feels just lowers the respect shown towards the type of people he manages who don't dabble.

I like that he speaks directly translated Portugese to English without accounting for common speech patterns.

And yeah, The E will totally let you hold up a sign with the word Steroid on it. Go for it.

yeah BUT

they had my money three weeks before this crap got started (I bought the ticket June 2nd, while there for an arena football game)

they'll probably think i'm supporting the fabulous moolah or something

DRUG ENFORCEMENT AGENCY REVEALS THEY WERE INVESTIGATING BENOIT BEFORE DEATHS

The Smoking Gun reports that the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) was already investigating Chris Benoit prior to last week's alleged double murder-suicide. They had linked him to a search raid on a Marietta, Ga. company, RX Weight Loss, when he was labeled an "excessive purchaser of injectable steroids".

When DEA agents searched Dr. Astin's office last week with a search warrant effective June 29, they found documents from the original investigation of RX Weight Loss that detailed Benoit's steroid purchase.

The Smoking Gun has court documents related to the investigation that include this statement about Dr. Astin:

"Dr. Astin has been the subject of concern for excessive and/or suspicion prescribing activity by the Carrollton, Georgia Police Department and local area pharmacies. Dr. Astin has also been the subject of disciplinary action by the Georgia State Board of Medical Examiners for reasons related to competence or character."

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...071benoit1.html

Renowned expert Mark Fuhrman isn't convinced Benoit committed suicide......just sayin is all..........

Let me guess...he thinks Booker T did it with help from Cryme Time.

Nah it was Mike Vick. He wanted the dogs.

With the DEA investigating him, I wonder if they were tailing him. If they were, that would explain a great deal of the paranoia Benoit might have had. Maybe he wasn't imagining people following him after all.

...damn, that's a good point. Probably didn't happen, as the DEA doesn't actually send out agents to follow people FBI-style all that much, but if someone tailed Benoit even once and Chris noticed it, that could've indeed had a major effect on what happened here.

Here's Konnan on Nancy Grace Monday night:

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNQWq8xuG84

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wIpW1H7grw

That dumb bitch. Why is it their agenda to pinpoint steroids as the cause when it's been repeatedly said by those close to the situation that the issue runs deeper than that? What do they gain from pushing "rage" into the public's minds?

I really don't know what I'm more pissed off with: The fact that Chris Benoit, on of my all time favorites, did this OR the horrible reporting/insane conclusions the media is trying to slap together.

Roid rage. Does anyone who is doing their homework on this case and looking at the facts, drug history, etc, really think that he killed his family during a bout of roid rage......over about 48 hours? I'm not a doctor, but thats one hell of a bout of roid rage.

As much of a tragedy this is.....as long as Vince wants his wrestlers roided up to get ahead in the company, this will never stop. And we can talk in circles about the "wellness policy" all we want, but lately it sounds more and more like an excuse for the workers to stop taking Roids for a short while in order to pass a test......the bottomline is regardless of what Vince tells the public or someone on cable news, he wants his workers to be big muscle-bound freaks. In order for this to happen to his liking, they have to take illegal drugs. If SOME workers are willing to do it, then it puts pressures on the other ones to do it in order to compete. I am sure this will take it's toll, hell we might even have a year or two or workers getting off roids temporarily to make all this attention go away, but like it has before and again, Vince's demands will return soon enough.

Not only that, but the Wellness Policy's standards for getting "flagged" are MUCH MUCH higher than other sports.

You can actually fail the MLB steroid test and "pass" the Wellness Policy with a "negative". In other words, you can use steroids and still pass WWE's test. It only catches you if you really go off the deep end.

WWE of course doesn't mention this when they talk about Benoit "testing negative in April" in their articles :lol:

the message is clear with the lopsided standards: "We don't mind if you do steroids, just don't go overboard and kill yourself and cause damage to the company".

I really don't know what I'm more pissed off with: The fact that Chris Benoit, on of my all time favorites, did this OR the horrible reporting/insane conclusions the media is trying to slap together.

Roid rage. Does anyone who is doing their homework on this case and looking at the facts, drug history, etc, really think that he killed his family during a bout of roid rage......over about 48 hours? I'm not a doctor, but thats one hell of a bout of roid rage.

Because "Roid Rage" is a much sexier sound byte than "complicated situation involving marital difficulties and possible long-term psychosis that none of his closest friends noticed, plus various drug use". The talking head so-called news shows aren't in the business of providing true and accurate information to the public, they're basically just another crappy reality show.

Because "Roid Rage" is a much sexier sound byte than "complicated situation involving marital difficulties and possible long-term psychosis that none of his closest friends noticed, plus various drug use". The talking head so-called news shows aren't in the business of providing true and accurate information to the public, they're basically just another crappy reality show.

So I've noticed after watching a few of them. It was nice to see Jericho trying to get Nancy Grace's facts straight though.

All the same, I know why those shows put this spin on their stories (gotta get viewers some how) but it just annoys the hell out of me when they present it so poorly, and any moderate wrestling fan can see that they have not done their homework on the industry.