TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Benoit always seemed like a guy with a lot of pent up aggression. He's the kind of guy you'd see in public and he'd be all smiles but was compltley miserable inside. I guess one day he finally had enough...

- In filing divorce papers, Nancy claimed that Chris Benoit made $500,000 per year as a professional wrestling, and asked for permanent custody of Daniel and child support. Nancy filed for divorce, but dismissed it three months later in 2003.

- Despite media reports, the focus of most of Chris and Nancy's fights didn't involve Daniel, but centered around money and possessiveness.

- On Vengeance Sunday, WWE called Benoit and local hospitals in the Atlanta area to see if Benoit was a patient.

wrestling observer newsletter via gerweck.net

Here's Jacques Rougeau, Superstar Billy Graham, and Leapin' Lanny Poffo on Hannity & Colmes:

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD7YzSiAk18

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOSrL9VuJlo

i thought that was a pretty interesting yet strange segment when I watched it last night. On one hand you had the mountie say what happend was "100% because of steriods) while Poffo just seemed sort of strange and rambled, while Graham was easily the most interesting to listen to.

If Randy Savage were to show up on one of these interview shows, my life would be complete.

I'm shocked that Hogan hasn't made the round on the tv shows yet. God knows he loves publicity, even if he was a huge steroid junky back in the day, or might still be.

If Randy Savage were to show up on one of these interview shows, my life would be complete.

I'm shocked that Hogan hasn't made the round on the tv shows yet. God knows he loves publicity, even if he was a huge steroid junky back in the day, or might still be.

And his show is about to start a new season in the next few weeks.

Monday night, on Larry King Live:

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/larry.king.live/index.html

Monday, 9 p.m. ET

Why did wrestling star Chris Benoit kill his family then himself? As mysteries multiply around his indicted doctor and his murdered son's health, his closest wrestler friends try to make sense of it all. Monday, 9 p.m. ET.

GUESTS:

• Chris Jericho & Bret Hart: Close Friends of Chris Benoit

John Cena: First interview since the Benoit tragedy -- he is the first Current WWE Superstar to speak outside the WWE tribute.

Here's Jacques Rougeau, Superstar Billy Graham, and Leapin' Lanny Poffo on Hannity & Colmes:

Part 1:

Part 2:

i thought that was a pretty interesting yet strange segment when I watched it last night. On one hand you had the mountie say what happend was "100% because of steriods) while Poffo just seemed sort of strange and rambled, while Graham was easily the most interesting to listen to.

Poffo came off as totally space cadet, almost like he was still in his Genius gimmick. I wanted more Billy Graham, he rules.

Guest Smues

Maybe Hanoi Jane will call in like when the Huckster and the Nacho Man were on Larry Fling.

Guest Smues

Oh wait my bad, it was Billionaire Ted on Larry Fling, and the Huckster and Nacho Man also called in, in addition to Hanoi Jane.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Man both the Rougeau's come off as the most bitter people, I think they are upset that wrestling isn't the family thing it was in the 80's but damn I think it's a bit much to do what they are doing.

in the "bad timing" section of the "poor taste" files. I received the new WWE magazine in the mail last week (as a subscriber I get the new mags like 3 weeks or so before they come out) this one has Rey Mysterio on the cover and talking about his return (interesting, he got a new tatoo, roasary beads and cross around his neck) anyhow in the section where they show "rejected wwe magazine covers" one of them shows "Bummerslam-The Pity Party of the Summer" and shows headshots of various superstars crying, looking upset, Booker among others, and unfortunately Benoits head is there as well.

oops, then again they write these mags a month in advance.

If Cena is going to be on Larry King Live Monday night does that mean he won't be at RAW?

Isn't it Bret Hart that's on Monday? Atleast that was what I had heard.

Nevermind I guess it's Bret, Cena and Jericho now..........The WWE would be better off sending out a guy like HBK who doesn't look roided and speaks well.

Yeah, because Bret would totally do the show with Michaels.

Well I didn't mean in that exact instance I was talking in generality.......but hey you know you'd tune in for "well Larry I never had an affair with Sunny" then Bret trying to punch him.

Monday, 9 p.m. ET

Why did wrestling star Chris Benoit kill his family then himself? As mysteries multiply around his indicted doctor and his murdered son's health, his closest wrestler friends try to make sense of it all. Monday, 9 p.m. ET.

GUESTS:

John Cena: First interview since the Benoit tragedy -- he is the first Current WWE Superstar to speak outside the WWE tribute.

It's going to be so hilarious for non-wrestling fans to see a guy that looks like John Cena does go on TV and say steroids aren't rampant in wrestling.

Does this mean no Mero? Maybe WWE is trying to get Mero kicked off the circuit, as he makes the most sense and his very critical, so they'll start sending wrestlers as long as Mero isn't allowed on.

Who are they supposed to send? Viscera? Actually, I'd send JBL or Foley. Leave it to Vince to send someone who isn't exactly going to win people over on the "steroids aren't that big of a deal in wrestling" arguement, because he happens to be their #1 guy. Granted, he is a good talker but I'm not quite sold on him being the best choice. Sending someone who has some credibility outside the ring (again, JBL/Foley) would be wise. Besides, they aren't busy on monday nights.

Monday, 9 p.m. ET

GUESTS:

It's going to be so hilarious for non-wrestling fans to see a guy that looks like John Cena does go on TV and say steroids aren't rampant in wrestling.

If he dresses a certain way he won't look "that" big just like alot of guys unless you're like Bobby Lashley.

I'm already tired of seeing Mero he's done all the shows 2 times over and he's creepy looking.

It's not gonna matter. They'll show video clips and pictures of him and Larry will ask the inevitable "Have you taken steroids?" question.

Cena might be the best bet for as a voice for WWE, and is actually an active wrestler, should be interesting though

Cena can just say he was an amateur bodybuilder and is actually smaller now than he use to be because it's true if you've ever seen old pics of him.

And I remember that documentary he did when he was on some indy wrestling circuit and he was like constantly eating steak that he had in little bags to get his weight up to keep his body. And I mean a ridiculous amount of steak. I don't know. If the guy says he ain't touch the roids, then I believe him honestly. To be honest, there is a short list of wrestlers that have outright said they don't use steroids. They usually dodge the question or say I am not on steroids now but I have used before(like...last month).

Cena, at least to me, comes across as very convincable(sp?) and well spoken when he's talking serious. I thought both his Eddie and Benoit tribute testimonials seemed very sincere and well done. I can understand why Vince would want him to represent the company.

Has anyone seen any kind of comment from The Rock yet? I know he doesn't like to discuss his wrestling career much anymore, but I am surprised to have not seen some kind of statement from him.

Cena, at least to me, comes across as very convincable(sp?) and well spoken when he's talking serious. I thought both his Eddie and Benoit tribute testimonials seemed very sincere and well done. I can understand why Vince would want him to represent the company.

Has anyone seen any kind of comment from The Rock yet? I know he doesn't like to discuss his wrestling career much anymore, but I am surprised to have not seen some kind of statement from him.

He's best served to not comment on this until he has to, which will be when he's doing press for the next movie this fall.

The thing with Cena is that I never realized just how big that guy actually is until I saw him on Conan a few weeks back. Holy shit, the guy looked huge on that show. I know that he's a big guy, but I never really totally thought that he was on steroids without a doubt until I saw him on that show then.

The Rock never seemed big to me until I saw him on Saturday Night Live the first time. He looked like a monster next to the cast.