TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Awesome, Lance Storm is on ESPN right now.

I don't know about this. I'm pretty sure 4:1 up to 9:1 is OK, but needs a re-test, while 10:1 or over is automatic discipline.

Exactly, that's all that I've heard from every single source.

But, yeah, Kennedy is totally backing the company line (Civil War: I'm With Downhome). He knows he's sitting pretty in regards to his position in the company, what with a big early push, and likely a big push on Raw at some point, as well as Vince personally liking his character. He knows where his bread is buttered, so he's not going to do anything to mess that up. While I don't think the WWE went to him and asked him to write that, I'm sure Kennedy saw an opportunity to further settle himself in the good graces of Vince.

Once again, you're exactly right. Right or wrong, it's hard to believe anything that anyone being paid by WWE says, not just now but ever. The only way to clear the air would be for WWE to allow outside individuals to come into the company to investigate their wellness policy, and other such things.

:lol:

From the Associated Press::

Doctor who treated Chris Benoit faces expanded federal probe

By HARRY R. WEBER - Associated Press Writer

ATLANTA --

Federal agents have expanded their investigation of pro wrestler Chris Benoit's personal doctor to include former patients and other patients of his who have died, and they seized records dated as far back as 2002, two years earlier than previously acknowledged, The Associated Press has learned.

An affidavit by a federal Drug Enforcement Administration agent that was part of a warrant to search Dr. Phil Astin's west Georgia office for a third time said investigators seized 68 boxes of documents, including patient records and billing statements, on Tuesday.

The affidavit said agents were looking for, in part, medical records of inactive or deceased patients, including medical tests, test results and physician notes.

The search followed a statement agents received last Friday from an unidentified source who was associated with Astin's practice and has known him personally for about 10 years. The source said files for former patients or patients who have died may have been stored in a copy room at Astin's office, the affidavit said.

The records "will be relevant and material to this ongoing investigation," the affidavit said, without elaborating.

Also seized from Astin's office, the affidavit states, were records of a Nov. 19, 2002, prescription for 200 mg of depo-testosterone, an injectable steroid, that was written for an unidentified patient. When Astin was charged last week with improperly prescribing medication to two patients other than Benoit, the indictment only referred to prescriptions dating to 2004.

A sheriff's official previously said that Astin also is being investigated in the February 2006 death of another wrestler, Michael Durham. State officials have not returned repeated calls in recent days seeking details on that case.

The disclosure about the expanded federal investigation follows word earlier this week that federal prosecutors plan to seek a superseding indictment against Astin.

A court filing Tuesday said that prosecutors have advised Astin's attorney, Manny Arora, that they will present the case to a grand jury for a second time "after a more thorough review" of documents seized from Astin's office in Carrollton. The filing did not say what charges will be sought in the superseding indictment or when the indictment will be sought.

Arora said Thursday he wasn't aware of the latest search of Astin's office, but wasn't surprised by it either.

"It's their job to look through everything," Arora said. "I want them to look through everything, so if there is an acquittal in this case there will be no more doubt about anything that Dr. Astin's done," Arora said.

Astin pleaded not guilty at his first court appearance.

Police have said Benoit strangled his wife and son, placing Bibles next to the bodies, and then hung himself on a piece of exercise equipment in his suburban Atlanta home the weekend of June 22.

Authorities found anabolic steroids in Benoit's home, leading officials to wonder whether the drugs played a role in the killings. Some experts believe steroids can cause paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage."

Another court affidavit said Astin prescribed a 10-month supply of anabolic steroids to Benoit every three to four weeks between May 2006 and May 2007.

Astin has told the AP he prescribed testosterone for Benoit, a longtime friend, in the past but has not said what, if any, medications he prescribed when Benoit visited his office June 22, the day authorities believe Benoit killed his wife.

Since the deaths, toxicology tests have been conducted on Benoit's body to determine if steroids or other drugs were present. Blood-alcohol tests also were conducted on his body, and chemical tests were conducted on the bodies of the wife and son.

Some of the tests have been completed, but authorities are keeping the results secret until all the tests are complete.

Lance Storm had an interesting perspective on Outside the Lines today. He said that it's not really the industry's fault for the deaths and drug problems of the younger wrestlers. The addiction to painkillers, steroids and recreational drugs are not necessarily a by-product of the road and the industry. Instead, it's the users who use it as a convenient excuse to deflect blame from themselves.

CHRIS BENOIT'S FORMER BOSS, ERIC BISCHOFF, WEIGHS IN ON THE MEDIA COVERAGE

For the first time in my 20 years in this business, I am embarrassed.

Not because of the horrific act of an obviously troubled individual, who until a few weeks ago was a respected part of the sports-entertainment business. I don't believe that the Benoit tragedy is representative of the business, or more importantly the people who are a part of it. Chris Benoit had psychological problems. The root cause of those problems will debated for months to come. As well they should be.

By experts.

Not by the parade of clowns who are fighting for their last 60 seconds of fame on cable news programs that are clearly sensationalizing and exploiting this situation for one reason and one reason only: ratings. If there was any doubt about that, one need only look back at the list of idiots that have covered this story. Nancy Grace…give me a break. Or how about Bill O' Reilly? "Hard Hitting Interview" with Linda McMahon? Since when is a half decade old out of context interview newsworthy? Can anyone seriously argue that news networks are not exploiting and spinning the sad death of a wife, son, and father for one reason and one reason only?

But I'm not embarrassed by the obvious ethical/professional lapse of the cable news industry. I've never been in that business. Besides, we see it all the time.

The most embarrassing thing for me over the past ten days has been watching the likes of Debra Marshall-Williams-McMichael-Whoeversheisgoingtotaketothecleanersnext, Marc Mero, Lanny Poffo, et all fighting like a bunch of addicts at a crack festival, trying to become the spokesperson for an industry in which they have been irrelevant for years. If it were not for the painful circumstances surrounding this issue, these three would have a regular gig on Saturday Night Live.

Hopefully accurate information will come out soon that will allow for a meaningful discourse surrounding this issue. In the meantime, somebody get the hook and get these clowns off the stage.

CHRIS BENOIT'S FORMER BOSS, ERIC BISCHOFF, WEIGHS IN ON THE MEDIA COVERAGE

For the first time in my 20 years in this business, I am embarrassed....

You mean he wasn't embarrassed by the comical drugs policy WCW had under his watch?

The backlash against Mero, Debra, Blackman and the like is ridiculous. WWE has put a moratorium on their workers appearing on any of these programs. Who else is there to comment but these "former wrestlers"? Besides I am much more interested in the feelings of those who have nothing left to hide about the business instead of current guys who come off like they are towing the company line and protecting their own asses like Kennedy and Hardy.

I don't care if Benoit's situation had zero to do with steroids and the drug problem in wrestling. It has at least brought these issues to the forefront and created an opportunity to finally clean up this sleazy industry.

The most embarrassing thing for me over the past ten days has been watching the likes of Debra Marshall-Williams-McMichael-Whoeversheisgoingtotaketothecleanersnext,

I honestly say we start calling Debra that for now on.

Who else is there to comment

The #1 internet source of all things pro-wrestling Mr. Dave Metzer and his newsletter associate Mr. Bryan Alveraz! I am really disappointed in the news coverage but considering that these so-called news networks thought that Paris Hilton was hard hitting news you had to see this yellow journalism tabloid bullshit coming. Wake me up when there is a Congressional Hearing with somebody pointing their finger at the Senators stating that they never used that drug.

Not a lot of pepole can catch it when it's on at 3:30 or whatever.

Oh, well it's on at 12:30 on the west coast. I can catch it on my lunch hour.

ATH and PTI are stuck in the middle of the day for me.

Find any old OVW show with matches involving KEN ANDERSON. That guy's huge. Hit the gym Kennedy!!

Odd that Kennedy attacks Graham who's the least offensive on these shows and really tries to deflect any wwe bashing.

And what year does Kennedy live in where he can buy ephedra at any gas station?

edit:

Keller posted a good response here:

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_20941.shtml

Find any old OVW show with matches involving KEN ANDERSON. That guy's huge. Hit the gym Kennedy!!

Odd that Kennedy attacks Graham who's the least offensive on these shows and really tries to deflect any wwe bashing.

WWE-sponsored gas station in Delaware.

I caught the last part of Marc Mero on Inside Edition. Something about a list of friends within wrestling that died early. He said he hopes Chris Benoit is the last person on "his list." The interview was in his home I believe.

I don't see how anyone can not see the stupidity in his posting. It comes off as overly defensive, like he was told to post it, not to mention totally unprofessional by using so many WORDS LIKE THIS. I'm not saying he isn't right, I have no idea. For all I know most of what he said is totally true. This just isn't the way to get the point across. Things like this do more harm to WWE right now than it helps.

I can see your point. And yet, when I read it, it seemed more like a normal guy ranting on his journal (I absolutely despise the word 'blog'). Like he needed to vent, publicly, and not just to someone else in the company (who, most likely, would share his feelings on how shitty the media is).

He said Ephedrine and I see it at gas stations everywhere with other generic fat burners. Ephedra was banned a couple of years back though, yea.

He said Ephedrine and I see it at gas stations everywhere with other generic fat burners. Ephedra was banned a couple of years back though, yea.

what's the difference? Shouldnt they both be banned?

One is the name of the plant and the other is what's extracted from the plant.

Somebody show me where these gas stations are!!

-Moolah and Mae Young didn't realize it was Chris Benoit who had passed away for quite a while. They were both at Raw on 6/23 to be part of the Vince funeral show. Moolah was in the bathroom when everyone was called to the ring. Mae was out there, but at 83, her hearing is bad. When Moolah came out to find everyone freaked out, she went to Mae to find out what happened, and Mae told her that Christian had died and both didn't ask any questions for some time."

-Italia 1 is largely a network for kids, and thus felt obligated to cancel SD.

- Kurt Angle never failed a drug test for painkillers. His failure was for testing positive for deca with an expired prescription.

- Astin had Benoit's chart with him when the first raid started. This looks very bad for him since the police are fairly sure he was trying to tamper with it.

- Nobody's sure why Ballard said Daniel was almost a dwarf.

- David Benoit, the older son, looked similar to Daniel at the same age.

- In 1997, Nancy was charged with aggravated battery after Kevin Sullivan claimed he went after her with a knife. She claimed that she was holding it and nothing else, and the charges were later dropped.

- The Nancy/Heavy Metal incident (Meltzer doesn't name Metal) where he held her hostage in his hotel room and bit her led to major problems between AAA and WCW.

- A friend of Chris's noted that while it's probably grasping at straws, he was addicted to caffeine to a freakish degree a few years ago. Dave then goes into the weirdness of caffeine withdrawal symptoms.

- For whatever reason, ART in Arabic-speaking countries aired the tribute show on 6/29 with the announcers heavily praising Benoit.

from this weeks observer

-Moolah and Mae Young didn't realize it was Chris Benoit who had passed away for quite a while. They were both at Raw on 6/23 to be part of the Vince funeral show. Moolah was in the bathroom when everyone was called to the ring. Mae was out there, but at 83, her hearing is bad. When Moolah came out to find everyone freaked out, she went to Mae to find out what happened, and Mae told her that Christian had died and both didn't ask any questions for some time."

-Italia 1 is largely a network for kids, and thus felt obligated to cancel SD.

- Kurt Angle never failed a drug test for painkillers. His failure was for testing positive for deca with an expired prescription.

- Astin had Benoit's chart with him when the first raid started. This looks very bad for him since the police are fairly sure he was trying to tamper with it.

- Nobody's sure why Ballard said Daniel was almost a dwarf.

- David Benoit, the older son, looked similar to Daniel at the same age.

- In 1997, Nancy was charged with aggravated battery after Kevin Sullivan claimed he went after her with a knife. She claimed that she was holding it and nothing else, and the charges were later dropped.

- The Nancy/Heavy Metal incident (Meltzer doesn't name Metal) where he held her hostage in his hotel room and bit her led to major problems between AAA and WCW.

- A friend of Chris's noted that while it's probably grasping at straws, he was addicted to caffeine to a freakish degree a few years ago. Dave then goes into the weirdness of caffeine withdrawal symptoms.

- For whatever reason, ART in Arabic-speaking countries aired the tribute show on 6/29 with the announcers heavily praising Benoit.

from this weeks observer

I bet it was Jericho...he talked about how steroid/caffeine abuse have the same symptoms.

this could be interesting, not sure how finlaydoes in out of character interviews

I don't know about the rest of you but I am getting tired of seeing Mero on all the time. He has said the same thing over and over about a hundred times now. What more can he say that he hasn't already said?

from pwi

I've gotten word from one source that Dave Finlay will be a guest on Friday's edition of Nancy Grace's show on CNN Headline News, but haven't been able to independently confirm that. Marc Mero is booked to appear on that show. Mero will be also be appearing on Dan Abrams' show tonight on MSNBC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPnMP56JkHY

Wow, what a true moron Dan Abrams is.

He goes on and on about ratings dropping because fans are just really realizing that wrestling is fake, and Mark Mero with the great comeback - "I think what's really turning away fans, is possibly MURDER."

Thanks for shining the light on the obvious Dan "the Genius" Abrams. I'm sure you all have experienced this countless times as I have, but non wrestling fans seem to universally think we all don't know its scripted. They honestly think they are telling us something we don't know. Sometimes it amuses me but most of the time it just irritates the hell out of me. My usual response is thanks McFly...btw, you do know movies aren't real either right?