TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Personally, I don't necessarily trust Keller and Meltzer's views for one simple reason. Prior to the Benoit tragedy they achieved their greatest notoriety during the Vince McMahon steroid trial. Meltzer was all over tv then too. Seeing this story escalate, with Astin turning into another Zahorian deal, the business and Vince McMahon going before congress, etc. is $$$$ to them. They have no love lost for Vince because he consistently discredits their opinions and shuts them off to access to talent. I'm not saying my thoughts are necessarily true but I just find it ironic.

I'm not pro WWE. I'm personally more bothered by the idea of the company pushing Batista and Lashley, hell even putting Snitsky on tv, than Matt Hardy or Ken Kennedy's opinions. I expected to see smaller bodies and less of a focus on size after Eddie died. It didn't happen and I do hold them accountable for that. They need to improve upon the loopholes of the Wellness Program, add psychiatric counseling to it, cycle the tours and, most importantly, Vince needs to get over his fascination of big guys, ideally he needs to just step down completely.

I just have a problem with people not realizing it's not the rock n roll locker room atmosphere that it was in the 80's or the 90's boom period. Yeah, you can point to Eddie, Chris and Rey as modern era examples but they are also from the 90's core of talent that did ghb, ecstacy, drank alcohol, popped pills and roided up hoping to main event Wrestlemania someday. I really do wanna think that the younger guys in the locker room are more responsible than that and I read things that indicate that they are playing Madden after the shows rather than painting the town Horsemen style.

Keller and Meltzer are very anti WWE anyhow just read anything they put out about the product.......

You'll never convince some people that Meltzer isn't the end all be all beacon of wrestling knowledge either....you know he's not always right either.

There are a ton of personal agenda's involved in this not just the couple of current WWE guys who spoke on their sites.

Why in the world would they be "very anti WWE"? Do you know what would happen to them if WWE falls?

Meltzer more specifically has already reverted into covering MMA, he covers it more than wrestling half the time......Keller is going in that direction also.

Are you high? They don't want wrestling to go away. They may be getting into covering MMA, but wrestling is still where their bread is buttered. They'd be out of jobs if there was no wrestling.

Are you high? They don't want wrestling to go away. They may be getting into covering MMA, but wrestling is still where their bread is buttered. They'd be out of jobs if there was no wrestling.

Have you read an observer lately? I seriously stopped getting it because I was so tired of the pages and pages of MMA shit and what seemed like such little wrestling in comparison.

Mero reminds me of a really bad heel manager right now. Last time I remember seeing him he had a list with 25 wrestlers on it. Now he has 104 with it clearly written in black marker. I wish Marc would just go away.

Finlay totally punked out Bryan Alveraz on Nancy Grace about getting around the drug testing. That was awesome.

I thought Finlay came off more as someone who was pissed he couldn't argue straight and started attacking the other person instead.

Have you read an observer lately? I seriously stopped getting it because I was so tired of the pages and pages of MMA shit and what seemed like such little wrestling in comparison.

It's no secret that he's more into MMA these days (and I can't blame him), but there's still PLENTY of wrestling in the Observer. Some weeks less than others, but there's still plenty.

Mero reminds me of a really bad heel manager right now. Last time I remember seeing him he had a list with 25 wrestlers on it. Now he has 104 with it clearly written in black marker. I wish Marc would just go away.

The 25 are dead wrestlers that he personally wrestled. The 104 is total number of dead wrestlers.

Finlay made Alvarez and Mero look bad.......

Especially with Mero's lists, Mero look dumbfounded when Finlay called him on it.

I don't think anyone really got "owned" there, they all made good points, although ironically after Finlay called him on it, Mero listed off a bunch of guys from his list of 25 that for the most part actually DID have some kind of drug-related death, so that didn't help Finlay's case.

Is this show always this funny? They ran Mero's list and Finlay tried to rebut all the ones that had little to nothing to do with the WWE or drugs and so on and Nancy interrupted him to ask this scathing question:

"Mr Finlay! Are these men pro wrestlers?!"

"...yes."

and something of note that people are missing, according to what Nancy said there are gonna be hearings in Congress for Steroids in wrestling

and something of note that people are missing, according to what Nancy said there are gonna be hearings in Congress for Steroids in wrestling

Something tells me that will take a backseat to "Al Queda is back at full strength" Also I don't think that's the case at this point some ex wrestlers are calling for it and 1 congressman said a look should be taken but nothing is official.

Has anyone else said this? Because I wouldn't believe her if she told me I had a dick.

Mr. Kennedy was interviewed on Fox News Channel’s “On the Record” Friday night. Here are the highlights:

- They showed a clip of Mr. Kennedy cutting a promo in the ring on the drop down microphone.

- He said he didn’t know Chris Benoit extremely well, but traveled with him on occasion. Kennedy said he was like a mentor to him, and offered him advice. Kennedy said Benoit never talked to him about steroids.

- Kennedy talked about the “death lists.” Kennedy said we have lost five wrestlers under contract to WWE.

- Kennedy said Russ Haas was born with a heart condition. He said Brian Pillman and Eddy Guerrero choice to abuse drugs before coming to WWE, when the lifestyles were different.

- Kennedy said he has been drug tested five times since he entering WWE. Kennedy said he doesn’t use steroids.

- He said WWE’s level of Epitestosterone to Testosterone ratio is 4:1, and if you exceed it, you are suspended unless you can provide a doctor’s note.

- Kennedy said he doesn’t think wrestling has a steroid problem, but did at one time.

- Kennedy said he doesn’t think the toxicology reports will provide any answers in the Chris Benoit case.

Credit Gerweck

WWE held a meeting backstage before raw Monday night in which they basically said "Just say no to drugs!". The speech came from Vince McMahon and Johnny Ace.They explained the current situation to everyone and told them there was a grief counselor on hand if they wanted to talk about the Benoit situation or anything else that was bothering them.

f4w newsletter

Shelton Benjamin: "Yeah...Vince...why are you making me gay?"

"What are you talking about, Book? Kings can't be gay! Those are called Queens!" *eyes Sharmell*

He said WWE’s level of Epitestosterone to Testosterone ratio is 4:1, and if you exceed it, you are suspended unless you can provide a doctor’s note.

Didn't Finlay say that is not true.

Finlay said it depends if the Doctor thinks it's a legit reason or not or something like that.

I saw the Illustrious Johnny Stewart on the Factor replay. Who the hell is he?

He's the guy who was trying to run AWA shows in the north and got his ass sued off by the WWE for using something they own earlier this year.........so obviously I doubt he has much nice to say about Vince or the WWE.

The idea that charisma is more important than credibility and facts is not only ridiculous, it's insane.

I don't think the two of you met, let me introduce you...American Public meet World's Worst Man.

Where's Celtic Jobber with my youtube links?

And hearings might be bantered around, but I really doubt that they'll get anywhere. Baseball got one, because Baseball is America's Game and we can't have taint in it. Wrestling is everyones favorite side show freak.

Wrestling is everyones favorite side show freak.

Is it? I thought reality shows, Paris Hilton, Spears, Lohan, Richie and Micheal Moore were America's favorite freak shows.

Wrestling isn't even a "cool" guilty pleasure these days.

Is Mysterio really getting another dvd soon?

Yeah. 619 left off at WM XIX.