TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

The point I am trying to make is that the WWE drug policy is not a "joke" or "bs". How they inforce it might be, but the language of the thing is pretty solid.

Orton was suspended 60 days for the marijuana incident. Orton was also suspended again in September 2006, but he was the first suspension after WWE revised it's policy for suspensions. The prior policy was total suspension for 30 days without pay. But WWE got pissed that it totally fucked up their Great American Bash PPV, so they revised it to only being suspended from house shows and having to work TV, all without pay for 30 days.

The point I am trying to make is that the WWE drug policy is not a "joke" or "bs". How they inforce it might be, but the language of the thing is pretty solid.

If the enforcement of the policy is a joke then the policy is a joke, no matter how 'solid' the language of it is.

Also keep in mind how arbitrary the punishments are. Test gets fired for allegedly flunking the test (bwahaha), but RVD and Sabu are arrested for drug use yet keep their jobs? Chris Masters gets sent to rehab for his drug usage, but Randy Orton walks around the locker room smoking a joint and barely gets a slap on the wrist?

The current testing does not include marijuana. They don't consider it any different than alcohol. I'm sure they don't want their talent arrested with it or walking around backstage doing it openly but they exclude marijuana from testing, it's the least of their concerns.

Wasn't Orton's marijuana suspension specifically because he was smoking a joint in public view during Wrestlemania weekend?

Wasn't Orton's marijuana suspension specifically because he was smoking a joint in public view during Wrestlemania weekend?

It wasn't during Wrestlemania weekend, but yes, Orton's suspension was because he was smoking marijuana in full view of anyone who might come along.

If the enforcement of the policy is a joke then the policy is a joke, no matter how 'solid' the language of it is.

No its not. You can't point at a written policy, like those on news shows have been trying to do and some here as proof that their wellness policy is a joke when the policy itself is very solid.

What you would have to do is prove that the enforcement is a joke and honestly I am not completely sold on that.

Not when you have documented examples of someone being fired and suspended because of infractions. Not when you have the mysterious injuries that suddenly affect the more important wrestlers and they disappear for oddly 30 days at a time.

Do I think alot of the guys are bypassing it? Yes. Same for every sport there is. there are guys that have found away around it and are using. But I don't see people blaming the NFL, the Olympic committee and all of the other organizations when you have a guy admit 3-4 years later they were on roids and every other drug possible.

I don't even believe most of the crap that gets reported about Orton. It's reported he does all these things and he never gets in trouble. Sounds to me like he's not very popular and Dave's backstage bitches make up a bunch of crap to bury him.

I don't even believe most of the crap that gets reported about Orton. It's reported he does all these things and he never gets in trouble....

Except being repeatedly fined, suspended for 60 days and to go from winning the World title at Wrestlemania to being the one who drops the fall to Rey.

i dont know if i said this or if its been said before, but here's how i think WWE should do the Wellness Policy:

for those who follow Mixed Martial Arts you'll understand the idea of what i am thinking, anyway testing would not be done by WWE but by the State Athletic Commision, ok lets say they are in Texas for Raw for example and say 12 people compete that night, then it comes out lets say John Cena tests positive for crack, he would be suspended by the State Athletic Commision for 6 months and fined 25,000 dollars with a chance to appeal results would be public knowledge and passed around to the other states, and if WWE had Cena wrestle in that 6 month period WWE would be fined heavily and Cena's suspension could result in a longer suspension

i know its a long shot, but its food for thought since it seems Vince wouldnt wanna change anything

No its not. You can't point at a written policy, like those on news shows have been trying to do and some here as proof that their wellness policy is a joke when the policy itself is very solid.

The written policy IS a joke. It is bullshit that the prescription loopholes (for injury rehab and TRT) are there. It's bullshit that 4:1 isn't a failure. It's bullshit that it doesn't require a witness to collection of urine samples.

The written policy IS a joke. It is bullshit that the prescription loopholes (for injury rehab and TRT) are there. It's bullshit that 4:1 isn't a failure. It's bullshit that it doesn't require a witness to collection of urine samples.

But at least it's well written bullshit.

ECW Press announced today that they have signed author Irv Muschnick to pen a book about the Benoit family tragedy titled "Chris and Nancy" for a 2008 release.

Wow. Already? Are they trying to cash in or is there some NFP that will be getting the funds from this?

It's not coming out unitl next year, and I'm not appalled by the thought of a book about a celebrety murder. I no one can profit from human suffering, the entire media would cease to exist.

First the witness requirement is just guess work that happened about what, a page back. Lets not chalk that up to fact.

Second, the reason any loop hole exist anywhere in society is that there are legitimate reasons for it being there and it gets exploited by those who don't need it. The only thing that makes any law or rule a loop hole is your ability to exploit it. Could the WWE take more time to investigate every doctor that the wrestlers use. I guess they could, but seriously, if it took the DEA 5-6 years to get Astin, what the hell are the WWE going to do? I personally would like to see them go to using required company doctors and that could eliminate that, but that is a tough thing to require. Especially when the workers pay their insurance. But I don't see how you can call the policy is bullshit because a legitimate addition to it is being exploited.

Third: 4:1 is a fail in legitimate sports because it gives a unnatural advantage to one over ther other. That is not the case in professional wrestling. A 4:1 ratio is not going to fuck you up health wise. I don't see why 4:1 becomes the offical line between good policy and bullshit policy because legitimate sports use it. And the reason they stop at 3:1 is because that can occur naturally. 4:1 doesn't occur naturally that often although it can happen. and if your shit is 5:1 in the NFL and you have a valid doctors prescription you are not going to get suspended there either by the way.

Now I don't see you pulling that off with a 7:1 or 9:1 ratio in the NFL, but at the same time, I don't think its going to fly in the WWE either, because then you are talking about dangerous levels of this shit in your system.

There are guys beating every testing system in the world no matter what it is. The WWE is going to be no different. But looking at their policy I don't see how you can say its a bad one or that they are BS'ing.

If you go off of rumours or reported stories, then fine, I can see where you are coming from, but pointing at their policy as it is written as a sign of bullshit is just not very accurate.

But at least it's well written bullshit.

and TNA don't even bother to write up bullshit - specifically so they can hire whatever talent WWE does choose to randomly discipline.

First the witness requirement is just guess work that happened about what, a page back. Lets not chalk that up to fact.

No, it's a fact, a few wrestlers have said so off the record, and I'm sure if you emailed Meltzer and/or Alvarez they'd tell you they've heard the same thing. Plus, if it was required, it would BE IN THE WRITTEN POLICY.

Second, the reason any loop hole exist anywhere in society is that there are legitimate reasons for it being there and it gets exploited by those who don't need it. The only thing that makes any law or rule a loop hole is your ability to exploit it.

The TRT loophole may even be more ridiculous than the injury rehabilitation one, as the key word is REPLACEMENT. If you were taking normal therapeutic amounts of testosterone to get your levels to normal, you would NOT be at the levels required to fail a drug test. Actually, that goes for using them for injury rehabilitation, too.

Second, the reason any loop hole exist anywhere in society is that there are legitimate reasons for it being there and it gets exploited by those who don't need it. The only thing that makes any law or rule a loop hole is your ability to exploit it. Could the WWE take more time to investigate every doctor that the wrestlers use. I guess they could, but seriously, if it took the DEA 5-6 years to get Astin, what the hell are the WWE going to do? I personally would like to see them go to using required company doctors and that could eliminate that, but that is a tough thing to require. Especially when the workers pay their insurance. But I don't see how you can call the policy is bullshit because a legitimate addition to it is being exploited.

Astin dug his own grave when he told the press he had prescribed testosterone to Benoit after they found massive quantities of the steroid in Benoit's home.

Third: 4:1 is a fail in legitimate sports because it gives a unnatural advantage to one over ther other. That is not the case in professional wrestling. A 4:1 ratio is not going to fuck you up health wise. I don't see why 4:1 becomes the offical line between good policy and bullshit policy because legitimate sports use it. And the reason they stop at 3:1 is because that can occur naturally. 4:1 doesn't occur naturally that often although it can happen.

4:1 is a clear cut line of steroid abuse. Most normal humans, including athletes, won't even get to 2:1 or 3:1. Plus, it's called the fucking WELLNESS policy because it's supposed to protect the wrestlers' health, not mess w/ an artificial competitive advantage.

and if your shit is 5:1 in the NFL and you have a valid doctors prescription you are not going to get suspended there either by the way. Now I don't see you pulling that off with a 7:1 or 9:1 ratio in the NFL, but at the same time, I don't think its going to fly in the WWE either, because then you are talking about dangerous levels of this shit in your system.

Please show me where it says the NFL policy passes you with a prescription.

There are guys beating every testing system in the world no matter what it is. The WWE is going to be no different. But looking at their policy I don't see how you can say its a bad one or that they are BS'ing.

While yes, HGH use is much more widespread than it used to be and one could use that (stacked with things like insulin) and test negative, most of the roster can't afford it. When the WWF required eyewitnesses and didn't have the prescription loophole, a very few people were beating the tests, and those who were suspected of it (Sid, Warrior, Davey Boy) got fired.

That's even worse. Masters gets popped for drugs, goes to rehab, gets clean, and when he comes back to work again he's publicly mocked on-air for NOT using steroids? I mean, jesus, the bullshit piles up so high in the WWE you need wings to stay above it.

I would love it if the media found this out and got the Masters/HHH clip.

That's even worse. Masters gets popped for drugs, goes to rehab, gets clean, and when he comes back to work again he's publicly mocked on-air for NOT using steroids? I mean, jesus, the bullshit piles up so high in the WWE you need wings to stay above it.

I would love it if the media found this out and got the Masters/HHH clip.

Quick, someone email the producers of Nancy Grace... :huh:

If you have a surgery where they cut through your muscles, or reattach a muscle you tore you are going to be given steroids for a period of time. I had a rotator cuff surgery, I was given steroids, sure I could have not taken them but then it'd have probably taken 2 years to recover from it.

This idea that steroids have no place and you can't possibly have a valid Dr's prescription for them is also BS, if you have muscles cut through they will give you steroids for a period of time.

Also for anyone who thinks the NFL policy is great you can watch a game and tell atleast 75% of those guys are on SOMETHING. Acting like the NFL is this clean league with 250lb men running 4.4's is naive.......If I was a betting man I'd tell you there's as much if not more widespread steroid usage in the NFL than any thing out there.

If you have a surgery where they cut through your muscles, or reattach a muscle you tore you are going to be given steroids for a period of time. I had a rotator cuff surgery, I was given steroids, sure I could have not taken them but then it'd have probably taken 2 years to recover from it.

This idea that steroids have no place and you can't possibly have a valid Dr's prescription for them is also BS, if you have muscles cut through they will give you steroids for a period of time.

Nobody's saying that except maybe for the voices in your head.

The amount of steroids taken in recovering from a surgery is much less than what would be taken for bodybuilding, and thus would not raise the T/E ratio as much. I said the same thing half an hour ago.

Also for anyone who thinks the NFL policy is great you can watch a game and tell atleast 75% of those guys are on SOMETHING. Acting like the NFL is this clean league with 250lb men running 4.4's is naive.......If I was a betting man I'd tell you there's as much if not more widespread steroid usage in the NFL than any thing out there.

Nobody's saying the NFL policy is great, just with a lower/better failure mark and without WWE's loopholes. Plus, the NFL has a much higher percentage of guys who can afford things that aren't detectable in steroid tests.

Alright, I thought some of you were making an argument that there is never any valid reason to be taking steroids even if you have a legit injury and that you should still fail regardless of what reason you are on them even if it's common for someone to be given steroids with that injury.

As far as the NFL and pretty much anyone like that.......I think with everything out there the only guys who get caught are the ones dumb enough to get caught like Shawne Merriman. He was the moron who got caught but tons of NFL fans act like he's the only guy who's on anything.....

then it comes out lets say John Cena tests positive for crack,

HALLELUJAH! We finally know where Cena's gimmick should go next; Crack-Addict Cena.

Is it because I is black?

http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ap_newfu...ry.asp?ID=94982

The results of toxicology tests conducted on the body of former pro wrestler Chris Benoit will be revealed at a press conference Tuesday at 2:30 p.m., Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesman John Bankhead said.

Toxicology tests have been conducted on Benoit's body to determine if steroids or other drugs were present. Blood-alcohol tests also were conducted on his body, and chemical tests were conducted on the bodies of the wife and son.

The results of the test will released by Dr. Kris Sperry, the state's chief medical examiner, said Bankhead.

The results of toxicology tests conducted on the body of former pro wrestler Chris Benoit will be revealed at a press conference Tuesday at 2:30 p.m., Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesman John Bankhead said.

Toxicology tests have been conducted on Benoit's body to determine if steroids or other drugs were present. Blood-alcohol tests also were conducted on his body, and chemical tests were conducted on the bodies of the wife and son.

The results of the test will released by Dr. Kris Sperry, the state's chief medical examiner, said Bankhead.

i think alot of us will be holding our breaths tommorow along with WWE

Even if it comes back with nothing on it, the media has already chalked it up to steroids and will continue to say that with or without proof.

Even if it comes back with nothing on it, the media has already chalked it up to steroids and will continue to say that with or without proof.

If you think that will actually happen then I want to punch you in the face.

It wouldn't change a thing. They'll still hold tightly onto the outburst of steroid abuse within the business and dramatic rate of deaths in the past decade among those under the age of 50. Regardless of the results revealed tomorrow, that aspect and the reality of the problems seeped in the business doesn't fade.