TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

I'd say Rey's godawful physical condition would leave him far more likely to lose a fight than his size would.

Guys, get over the conditioning that the WWE and schoolyard bullies have brainwashed you with. In a real fight, size doesn't matter that much. I keep using it as an example, but it's a good one, look how Royce Graice beat all those guys who were almost all bigger than him, some MUCH bigger, in the first several UFC ppvs. A guy with skill, smarts, speed, physical conditioning, and other similar attritubes will beat some guy who's just big and strong every time.

i wonder if the press will die down now that its found that it was just Testosterone or what, i find it funny they didnt even really go into detail why Nancy had a Blood Alcohol level of .184

Yeah, they did go into it. Were you even watching? The guy said that they were pretty sure the alcohol was a natural side-effect of Nancy's body already rotting for days before they could examine it.

i wonder if the press will die down now that its found that it was just Testosterone or what, i find it funny they didnt even really go into detail why Nancy had a Blood Alcohol level of .184

1. Just testosterone? That IS a steroid and he had a freakish amount in his system.

2. Nancy's blood alchol was that high because of the decomposition of her body.

People need to learn how to pay attention.

I think people are downplaying the testosterone since we were likely expecting much more. After the variety of roids found at his house I figured he would have all sorts of crazy shit in his system.

Thing is, if that 59:1 ratio was right then I really have to wonder what his April test looked like. I don't know a huge amount about this, but how could he go from say 4:1 in April to 59:1 at the time of death (as in what is the usual roided up ratio)? It almost sounds like he just mass injected it right before he hung himself.

I think people are downplaying the testosterone since we were likely expecting much more. After the variety of roids found at his house I figured he would have all sorts of crazy shit in his system.

Thing is, if that 59:1 ratio was right then I really have to wonder what his April test looked like. I don't know a huge amount about this, but how could he go from say 4:1 in April to 59:1 at the time of death (as in what is the usual roided up ratio)? It almost sounds like he just mass injected it right before he hung himself.

I could go from a normal level to an insane level if I injected myself right now and then you tested me tomorrow........no one really knows other than Benoit has likely been a long time roid abuser upwards of 20 years. But there's more to the story than roids not that the media wants to notice that.

sorry, i didnt know you would have alcohol in your system when your body rots, guess we learn somethin new everyday, Testosterone just doesnt sound as bad as it was painted, i was thinking his body would be jacked to the gills with other steroids

The decomp most likely caused the elevated BAC. This was explained in plain English at the press conference.

it doesn't mean she wasn't drunk

So what if she was? "Fuckin' drunk bitch. NOW I TIE YOU UP AND STRANGLE." And the ME said it was his opinion that it all came from decomposition.

sorry, i didnt know you would have alcohol in your system when your body rots, guess we learn somethin new everyday, Testosterone just doesnt sound as bad as it was painted, i was thinking his body would be jacked to the gills with other steroids

Testosterone is "steroids" in its purest form from what I've seen. Semantics aside, "steroids" and testosterone do the same thing and have many of the same side effects. That is the stuff that he had lying around his house in huge quantities as well. There should be no spin about how this is better than steroids or that it doesn't make a difference. He was juiced to the gills at the time of death, that is a fact.

So what if she was? "Fuckin' drunk bitch. NOW I TIE YOU UP AND STRANGLE." And the ME said it was his opinion that it all came from decomposition.

The medical examiner had a lot of opinions. I find it ironic that certain people here will quote the medical examiner's opinion when it's good in proving their point (in this case) but shy away from it when it opposes their point (his testosterone was high but he was most likely being treated for a testicular problem and there were no anabolic steroids bodybuilding type steroids in his system).

I never insinuated that her being drunk justified her being murdered. It's just that the examiner said that she would be legally drunk with that alcohol ratio but it's likely that number was elevated because of the decomposition. If she was actually drunk it could add a whole other dimension to what went on inside the house. Nobody knows. Everyone is dead. She could have been drunk, belingerent, telling him that she was leaving, taking his money, whatever. She could have had Daniel locked in a closet. Or she could have been a completely innocent victim to a raging abusive lunatic.

The medical examiner had a lot of opinions. I find it ironic that certain people here will quote the medical examiner's opinion when it's good in proving their point (in this case) but shy away from it when it opposes their point (his testosterone was high but he was most likely being treated for a testicular problem and there were no anabolic steroids bodybuilding type steroids in his system).

Testosterone IS a bodybuilding steroid. It just happens to also be used for other things. If Benoit was truly taking it because of hormone deficiencies, that suggests that he'd heavily abused steroids in the past. And the ridiculous levels of it found in his system and the ludicrous amounts the doctor was prescribing him pretty much rule out the "legit medical treatment" theory.

I don't think Benoit went all Roidy Ragey and killed because of it. But I do think he was definitely an obvious, proven steroid user, and to claim otherwise is just as bad as the conclusion-jumpers who say it was all steroids' fault.

(his testosterone was high but he was most likely being treated for a testicular problem and there were no anabolic steroids bodybuilding type steroids in his system).

This needs to be put to rest. He had ten to fifteen times the normal amount of testosterone in his body. Do you think he was taking these incredibly large doses solely due to his low testosterone problem, or for bodybuilding purposes? It's not a cryptic or ambiguous question, it's a fairly simple one and it has a simple answer.

(his testosterone was high but he was most likely being treated for a testicular problem and there were no anabolic steroids bodybuilding type steroids in his system).

This needs to be put to rest. He had ten times the normal amount of testosterone in his body. Do you think he was taking these incredibly large doses solely due to his low testosterone problem, or for bodybuilding purposes? It's not even cryptic or ambiguous, it's a fairly simple question and it has a simple answer.

And the medical examiner acted like it was no big deal and levels of the prescription drugs weren't anything beyond therapeutic levels. The WWE test administrator said a T/E ratio couldn't be determined really through urine but only blood really. In a recent Observer Meltzer said that Benoit's low testosterone was pretty severe from his years of steroid abuse. Lower than Billy Graham's and Benoit was only 40 years old. Do I personally think he took testosterone for bodybuilding purposes? It's possible. Very possible actually. We knew three weeks ago when the doctor came public that testosterone was going to be present based on his prescription. Everyone was expecting other types of anabolic steroids and there weren't any. Just someone that lost his mojo.

from PW Torch:

Nancy Benoit's family attorney, Richard Decker, said the family was relieved that Daneil was not conscious when he died. The reporter said the family is pursuing legal action for wrongful death. The attorney said he's "rathernot speculate" on who the potential defendants will be. "Eventually we'll be filing a lawsuit and everyone will know," said Decker

this might not be good for WWE, although WWE isnt at fault for this, its like me breaking a window and blaming the rock for breaking the window

Who can they sue? Benoit is dead.....if they try to sue the WWE they won't get anything.....about the only person they'd stand a chance of beating is the Dr. and even that is flimsy.

Here's Konnan, Marc Mero, Dave Meltzer, WWE's lawyer Jerry McDevitt, and drug-test doctor David Black on Nancy Grace from Tuesday night:

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjt9cjqnXNY

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHhAsK4H-o

Part 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qucVq7dfyqs

Part 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ873StgCNc

Part 5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwWgHeT7WqU

from PW Torch:

Nancy Benoit's family attorney, Richard Decker, said the family was relieved that Daneil was not conscious when he died. The reporter said the family is pursuing legal action for wrongful death. The attorney said he's "rathernot speculate" on who the potential defendants will be. "Eventually we'll be filing a lawsuit and everyone will know," said Decker

this might not be good for WWE, although WWE isnt at fault for this, its like me breaking a window and blaming the rock for breaking the window

The Great One has better things to do with his time!

from PW Torch:

The Great One has better things to do with his time!

Yeah, and if your going to blame anyone for breaking any windows, have a look at that young Steve Austin fellow. Sounds like a window breaking everytime he comes to the ring....

What small guy did they try and treat like a champion? Rey was treated as the the world's luckiest midget and constantly got his ass kicked. Jericho's run was pathetic, so pathetic he ended up building to his title defense against HHH by picking up dog crap. They made SURE the runs of the small guys failed just so it could be said their runs failed. They didn't book one of them like a champion, they booked them as jokes and the crowd responded as such.

Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart are 2 of the lowest drawing champions of all time......they were treated well as champion and didn't do good numbers. You can say it's the time frame all that....but it's still there.

i hate when people say this.....

It was a different time and wrestling just wasnt popular...The stars just aligned just right for wrestling to get to the levels it was when the Rock and Stone Cold were king and WCW was ruling the wrestling world

What small guy did they try and treat like a champion? Rey was treated as the the world's luckiest midget and constantly got his ass kicked. Jericho's run was pathetic, so pathetic he ended up building to his title defense against HHH by picking up dog crap. They made SURE the runs of the small guys failed just so it could be said their runs failed. They didn't book one of them like a champion, they booked them as jokes and the crowd responded as such.

Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart are 2 of the lowest drawing champions of all time......they were treated well as champion and didn't do good numbers. You can say it's the time frame all that....but it's still there.

It was a different time and wrestling just wasnt popular...The stars just aligned just right for wrestling to get to the levels it was when the Rock and Stone Cold were king and WCW was ruling the wrestling world

But the point of the discussion is that regardless of context, those two were on top when business was down, but it was up for the larger superstars.

But the point of the discussion is that regardless of context, those two were on top when business was down, but it was up for the larger superstars.

Diesel was a big dude and he's also the lowest drawing WWE Champion of all time. I think that's a reflection of the popularity of the business at the time and not the physical size of the champion.

from PW Torch:

Yeah, I don't believe they are going to get very far at all if they do sue wwe. I'm not sure if they will even get far with his doctor because what benoit did was individual choice.

Diesel was a big dude and he's also the lowest drawing WWE Champion of all time. I think that's a reflection of the popularity of the business at the time and not the physical size of the champion.

Very good point that people tend to gloss over. Yokozuna as well.

from PW Torch:

They could be suing the estate of Chris Benoit for damages.

"Estate"? Who would that be, his first wife and earlier kids? That would be pretty fucking heartless and stupid.

Yes, Bret and Shawn didn't draw much. That's cuz NOBODY in that time period drew much. Not them, not Yokozuna, not Sid, not Undertaker, and especially not Nash. It's bullshit to blame the low numbers on them being regular-sized guys.