TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Besides, they don't have the money. If the family is suing someone, it'll be someone with deep pockets to pay out punitive damages. So that pretty much narrows it down to either the WWE or Dr. Astin's insurance provider.

from PW Torch:

Nancy Benoit's family attorney, Richard Decker, said the family was relieved that Daneil was not conscious when he died. The reporter said the family is pursuing legal action for wrongful death. The attorney said he's "rathernot speculate" on who the potential defendants will be. "Eventually we'll be filing a lawsuit and everyone will know," said Decker

this might not be good for WWE, although WWE isnt at fault for this, its like me breaking a window and blaming the rock for breaking the window

Yeah, I don't believe they are going to get very far at all if they do sue wwe. I'm not sure if they will even get far with his doctor because what benoit did was individual choice.

i think thats the biggest problem in our society anymore, we are not willing to take blame for our actions and blame mental disorders, meds, drugs and alcohol, etc... no offense to Nancy's family but no one is to blame but Chris and Chris alone

from PW Torch:

Nancy Benoit's family attorney, Richard Decker, said the family was relieved that Daneil was not conscious when he died. The reporter said the family is pursuing legal action for wrongful death. The attorney said he's "rathernot speculate" on who the potential defendants will be. "Eventually we'll be filing a lawsuit and everyone will know," said Decker

this might not be good for WWE, although WWE isnt at fault for this, its like me breaking a window and blaming the rock for breaking the window

Yeah, I don't believe they are going to get very far at all if they do sue wwe. I'm not sure if they will even get far with his doctor because what benoit did was individual choice.

i think thats the biggest problem in our society anymore, we are not willing to take blame for our actions and blame mental disorders, meds, drugs and alcohol, etc... no offense to Nancy's family but no one is to blame but Chris and Chris alone

Not talking about Benoit here - but a mental disorder can be a legitimate excuse (depending on the disorder of course). I think the problem is that too many people abuse this.

now this should be very amusing and entertaining, from Observer:

--New Jack is booked for the Glenn Beck show on CNN Headline News. Some things just boggle the mind.

thats the dude on after Nancy Grace, in case anyone didnt know

Hogan is going to be on Larry King tonight is it a rerun or is he going to be talking about Benoit

He's going to talk about the new season of Hogan know's best at least that was how it was advertised. He probably gave them a list of things not to ask him....which include Chris Benoit and steroids.

I watched most of Glenn Beck and a little of Larry King and saw neither New Jack nor Hogan.

(Hey, New Jack vs. Hulk Hogan, now THAT'S a match I'd pay to see!)

Lance Storm was on Nancy Grace tonight she pretty much blew him off because he said roid rage couldn't be the only explanation for the Benoit murders. And in his "Beat the Press" segment tonight Dan Abrams took a swipe at Billy Graham for the way he tells everyone (Abrams, Nancy, and O'Reilly) that they're a great host and it's an honor to be on their shows.

And, as Mecca mentioned, Chavo Guerrero was on Greta Van Sustern; he towed the company line about how drinking and drugs were only a problem for the older generation from the 70's and 80's, and the wrestlers in WWE now just focus on working out and keeping in shape.

Lex Luger & Lanny Poffo were on Hannity & Colmes, I recorded this but haven't watched it yet. I'll probably have these on YouTube by sometime tomorrow, as they're performing maintenance on YouTube tonight.

But at the same time, like the other guy pointed out. All the guys who've made the WWE top bank as big draw maineventers have been big guys. The small guys were low draws, failed maineventers.....it goes both ways, the small guys they tried basically didn't work.

One reason on how well your run is depends on how well you're booked. Chris Jericho and Rey Mysterio were booked to be failures from the get-go, not once were they made to be taken seriously as the world champion IMO.

Chris Benoit wasn't the main focus at all during his title run on RAW while Eddie Guerrero had a skeleton crew to work with on Smackdown.

Bret Hart wasn't the WWF Champion much when the 12 PPVs a month deal was started. Shawn Michaels had a long run for most of 1996 and he didn't do great, but I'll credit that to him just being a terrible babyface champion.

By the way, I lost a lot of respect for Rey Mysterio. I hope his ass goes to jobberville when he comes back. He's added more to the embarrassment of the company with him being involved in the steroid scandal.

Guest beau99
Lance Storm was on Nancy Grace tonight she pretty much blew him off because he said roid rage couldn't be the only explanation for the Benoit murders.

I bet that his next commentary calls her out for being the bitch she is.

Lance Storm was on Nancy Grace tonight she pretty much blew him off because he said roid rage couldn't be the only explanation for the Benoit murders.

I bet that his next commentary calls her out for being the bitch she is.

I would like to read his next commentary if he does make those comments

now this should be very amusing and entertaining, from Observer:

--New Jack is booked for the Glenn Beck show on CNN Headline News. Some things just boggle the mind.

:lol:

Is the show live?

By the way, I lost a lot of respect for Rey Mysterio. I hope his ass goes to jobberville when he comes back. He's added more to the embarrassment of the company with him being involved in the steroid scandal.

You're right Douchebag! I can't believe a wrestler took steroids. I am shocked, appalled and I feel like my hero let me down

Vince's approach to all this, just intimidate everyone into shutting up. Per Bryan Alvarez...

Apparently Vince thought that David Finlay would be tough enough to bullly the other side.So they hired a PR guy to coach David Finlay and Vince kept pushing the idea that Finlay is Vince-like in his Irish determination.

Yeah, just threaten congress with Khali, that'll work.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file...t_findings.html

WWE in spin mode over Benoit findings

By CHRISTIAN RED

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Posted Wednesday, July 18th 2007, 1:46 PM

World Wrestling Entertainment was in full spin control yesterday, doing its best to deflect any theories that 'roid rage might have contributed to the gruesome weekend rampage last month when, police say, WWE star Chris Benoit murdered his wife and 7-year-old son before hanging himself.

After Benoit's toxicology report was made public and revealed that the "Canadian Crippler" had high levels of testosterone in his body during the murder-suicide, the WWE issued a hasty, yet inaccurate, statement to downplay the results.

"WWE understands that the toxicology reports for Chris Benoit indicate that he tested positive for testosterone and negative for anabolic steroids," read a portion of yesterday's WWE statement.

Steroid expert Dr. Gary Wadler, a World Anti-Doping Agency member, was quick to blast the WWE for making "a contradiction in terms."

"An anabolic steroid is nothing more than a derivative of testosterone," Wadler told the News, adding that he did not lend much credence to the WWE's current drug-testing program – wrestlers with a 10:1 testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio are not flagged for positive tests – nor the portion of the statement that outlined how Benoit had tested negative for steroids as recently as this past April.

"We know nothing about the specifics of that test - we don't know the time, the (urine) specimen produced and whether or not it was unadulterated. We don't know if it was proof positive he wasn't using steroids, especially in this age when athletes are using patches, creams and other sophisticated performance-enhancing drugs.

"The WWE testing program - it doesn't even approximate what I call a meaningful testing program. Their whole protocol is all invested in one man (WWE founder Vince McMahon), bow to stern."

The testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio compares what is synthetic as opposed to endogenous, or testosterone produced naturally by the human body. An athlete with a 4:1 T/E ratio is considered to have tested positive for illegal amounts of testosterone according to WADA rules. Floyd Landis, the disgraced cyclist who may be stripped of his 2006 Tour De France title, had an 11:1 T/E ratio during his dramatic Stage 17 victory last summer, when he vaulted from 11th place to third and assured himself of victory.

The family of Nancy Benoit is infuriated with the WWE for allowing star announcer Jim Ross to attend the memorial service for Nancy and son Daniel in Daytona Beach, Fla. Saturday, according to a source. McMahon did not attend, but Ross did and was the only bold-faced name to stop and talk with reporters outside the Lady of Lourdes Church before the Catholic service. Ross made a point of quashing the steroid rumors.

"This is not a steroid issue. That horse needs to be put in the barn and unsaddled. This was a domestic issue. There's a lot of other criteria that has to be involved in it. I still can't believe it even happened. It's a domestic issue, but more than anything it's a tragedy. This is not a steroid issue. It's a mother and little boy, (they) are dead and that's the bottom line as far as I'm concerned," Ross said Saturday.

According to the source, Nancy's parents Maureen and Paul Toffoloni and Nancy's younger sister Sandra Toffoloni Sanchez did not consider Ross an invited guest, and were incensed that he made a colorful entrance, including his trademark black cowboy hat.

"They thought it was a media ploy by the WWE," the source told the News. "The way he stopped to talk with the media. He also sat in the back of the church and then was the first to leave after the service." Media members were not allowed into the service.

Despite the Georgia Bureau of Investigation's chief medical examiner Dr. Kris Sperry also downplaying the role steroids might have played in the tragedy, both Wadler and Dr. Todd Schlifstein, a sports medicine rehab physician and steroid expert at NYU Medical Center, said given Benoit's past steroid and drug abuse, it would be difficult to dismiss the 'roid rage angle so easily.

"When you have a stockpile of steroids and a doctor (Phil Astin) prescribing a 10-month supply every three weeks, obviously you're abusing steroids. And abusing steroids has been proven to be linked with aggressive behavior," said Schlifstein. "It's hard to label this as a one-drug problem. More likely, this is a multi-drug casualty. When someone does use high doses of steroids for a long period of time, it's very common for them to use other drugs as well, drugs like Xanax to help control the symptoms of steroid use, like aggression and anger."

The toxicology report said no traces of GHB – the infamous "date-rape" drug – were found in Benoit, but GHB stays in urine less than 8 hours and in blood between 8 and 12 hours. Many labs are not properly set up to carry out GHB testing. The News has reported that Benoit abused GHB in the past.

It reminds me of the time GLF crashed the Chris Candido wake. Jim Ross is a shitty human being, both for that stunt, and for the egregious, shameless commentaries on the situation.

It reminds me of the time GLF crashed the Chris Candido wake. Jim Ross is a shitty human being, both for that stunt, and for the egregious, shameless commentaries on the situation.

What happened with GLF??

Dames

Yes, only invited guests are allowed to attend funerals. I get funeral invitiations in my mailbox everyday. Jim Ross didn't know Nancy going back to their NWA/WCW days nor did he know Daniel Benoit who was backstage all the time at shows. How dare he wear his cowboy hat and how dare he address the media - apparently invited guests to the service there for the utmost respect to the deceased - and to ask questions about steroids.

Did you even read the article? He was not an invited guest according to Nancy's family.

Who the hell is GLF?

Green Lantern Fan. Some clown who thinks he's a celebrity because he goes to all of the major east coast indy shows. Indy fans generally do know him, but his entire act is basically a running joke.

Wait I don't understand; did Jim Ross have anything to do with the GLF situation?

JR is an asshole for doing that at Nancy's funeral, judging by the facts it's pretty clear he went with one purpose in mind, and that was to tow the company line. Justcoz I'm amazed people are still trying to refute your points.

Just because Ross was asked questions about steroids and such, he didn't have to answer them and put the WWE spin in effect. He could have easily just said that this was a time to think about Nancy and Daniel and talking about anything else was inappropriate.

Did you even read the article? He was not an invited guest according to Nancy's family.

Yes, I read the article and I'd like to know exactly who sends out invitations to funerals? Yes, I'm sure he was there to represent WWE but the man also knew Nancy Sullivan for years and knew the Benoits so he had as much of a right to be there as Marc Freakin Mero!!! And he explained his side of the story in his blog and it was fine. The media were the ones who shoved the microphone in his face and asked about steroids and his comment was quick and brief. Again, i guess it was alright for the family of Nancy to have the media presence there, you know, that wasn't distracting, disruptive or disrespectful.