TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Guest Hasbeen2

I don't buy that, apparently he did have a few close friends and that would affect their livelihoods.

I just want to clarify my three-second comment on Nancy Grace yesterday about how Benoit destroyed a lot of things but not the steroids, and how I thought there might be a reason for that. It wasn't meant to be a tease, I just ended up with a very limited amount of time to get the point out and they didn't go back to me for clarification afterwards. Basically, anyone who says Benoit wasn't thinking the last two days is flat-out wrong. He had to have gone nuts to do what he did, but he was still very clearly in a calculating state of mind. He was very specific about destroying certain things (for example, some photos but not all photos, and the photos he did not destroy were also intriguing), how he killed both people (including loading his son up with Xanax first to sedate him), the thought and planning and, quite frankly, hard work that went into killing himself in the most horrible way possible, etc. But despite all of that, he didn't destroy, hide or get rid of ANY drugs. There was plenty of stuff he didn't want people to find and also a few things he DID seemingly want people to find, and the drugs were among those things. The first thing wrestlers always get rid of are the drugs, in dozens of cases dating back decades. Not Benoit. Also, it is now believed by some that he tried to get off the steroids in April (hence the clean test) and found his system was so screwed up that he got back on (his natural testosterone levels were incredibly low due to the years of steroid abuse, and trying to come clean would have resulted in major physical and psychological issues). I suspect he knew the steroids had destroyed his body and that they'd played a role in the deaths of many of his close friends, including his best friend in this business. The theory, which is also written about in some form in this week's new Observer, is basically that he decided he was going to take out himself, his entire family, and the wrestling business which he had grown to hate.

f4wonline

Couldn't he have just left a note saying it was all Vince's fault?

Leaving such a note would give the WWE/Vince ammo galore in terms of painting Benoit as being a bitter malcontent/loon who murdered his family and then tried to justify his crimes via blaming Vince for making him do it.

As it stands, if said above sceneriois true, then Benoit was going for the "death by a thousand cuts" style revenge against the WWE and Vince. Letting the public and the media assume/speculate/declare the worst case scenerio to attack Vince and generally thrust the WWE into the spotlight in the worst possible manner imaginable would be a far crueler revenge if Benoit's vile actions indeed were motivated in part by him wanting to take the WWE down with him in the process...

like i said earlier, if this is true its pretty shitty of Chris to do this, he should have went to Vince or whoever and said "i want out of my contract, i just hate the business right now"

Wow. Good thing the Observer guys found a new angle on this tragedy. I was worried they might not get so many readers this week now the controversy is dying down, but... I mean, phew. We can all rest easy now.

And good job Alvarez accidently plugged the Observer after their well-weighted, not taking any sides whatsoever 'Alvarez and Mero good, Finlay bad' appraisal of their TV appearance together.

The Toffoloni family (Nancy's parents) want David and Megan to be taken of. David and Megan are Benoit's children from his first marriage. Martina (Benoit's first wife) may go after part of the estate.

Under Georgia law, the victim's family is entitled to the entire estate, which would be the Toffoloni family in this case.

Believe it or not, at one time, WWE was considering doing a storyline regarding Eddy Guerrero's estate. In the talked about storyline, Benoit would have discovered shady dealings by Vickie and Chavo Guerrero.

wrestling observer newsletter

There may not be any need for a legal case, if the Toffoloni's can be relied upon to do the right thing by Megan and David. I don't think they have any ill will against the children for their father's mistakes. That said, I've heard some rumours in the past that Martina isn't exactly the most reasonable woman,so who knows? It could get ugly.

I'm sure the WWE was the last thing on Benoit's mind that weekend.

To be fair, he was in contact with WWE over the days that all of this shit went down, so they were on his mind, enough to where he went to all the trouble to call them, change flight plans, text friends in the company, and all of that.

Once again, the man tied up his wife that he loved so much, and killed her in a vicious way. He not only killed his son, but likely used some type of wrestling hold, a hold many believe to be at the very least a modified version of his actual wrestling finisher.

That right there is enough to lead me to be open to believe just about anything, including the possibility that he was so pissed at the industry, that he also loved so much, that he made some final attempts to harm it in some way just as he did his family. Who the fuck knows what went on in his head.

That right there is enough to lead me to be open to believe just about anything, including the possibility that he was so pissed at the industry, that he also loved so much, that he made some final attempts to harm it in some way just as he did his family. Who the fuck knows what went on in his head.

Nobody... but Brian Alvarez and Meltzer can sure speculate, can't they!

Nobody... but Brian Alvarez and Meltzer can sure speculate, can't they!

:lol:

In the more wrong reporting department, I was flipping through the channels last night and Geraldo's little show as on. And of course he said in absolute terms it was steroids that caused benoit to do what he did. And he talked to Chyna on the phone and in a bizarre moment...she talks about the toxicology report as if it hasn't been released yet. "its going to show" "it will show" etc. I don't know who is worse, him or Chyna

I don't buy that, apparently he did have a few close friends and that would affect their livelihoods.

Maybe Benoit knew his close friends were as dependent on drugs as he and Eddie were, and didn't want a similar tragic ending for his close buddies.

Maybe Benoit knew his close friends were as dependent on drugs as he and Eddie were, and didn't want a similar tragic ending for his close buddies.

Yeah, the guy who'd just murdered his wife and son had a sudden attack of conscience.

On Figure Four Daily, Dave Meltzer said that Chris Benoit's heart was in perfect shape, nothing wrong with that at all. I know that doesn't have anything to do with what he did, but I found it interesting.

On Figure Four Daily, Dave Meltzer said that Chris Benoit's heart was in perfect shape, nothing wrong with that at all. I know that doesn't have anything to do with what he did, but I found it interesting.

That's a bit of a shock.

Yeah, the guy who'd just murdered his wife and son had a sudden attack of conscience.

I'm sure he was trying to sedate himself, and the pills just accidentally slipped into Daniel instead.

That's a bit of a shock.

Doesn't really have anything to do with Benoit, but since it's about another wrestler death I'll mention it here. Meltzer just said on LAW that John Kronus' heart was twice the size of a normal guy his age and size.

JIMMY KIMMEL CUTS A BENOIT JOKE AT COMEDY CENTRAL TAPING

According to TMZ.com, the Comedy Central Roast of Flavor Flav was taped last night and will air at some point in August. Roastmaster Jimmy Kimmel was roasting Flav for his having many children with different women. At that point, Kimmel said, "Chris Benoit is a better father than you."

Comedy Central immediately sent word that the Benoit joke would be edited out of the broadcast and DVD release.

...why? In the words of Patton Oswald, "What the fuck, it's a roast!" They're supposed to be as mean and offensive as humanly possible. They didn't edit out Gilbert Gottfried making a 9/11 joke just before his infamous aristocrats spiel at the Hefner roast.

Believe it or not, at one time, WWE was considering doing a storyline regarding Eddy Guerrero's estate. In the talked about storyline, Benoit would have discovered shady dealings by Vickie and Chavo Guerrero.

Whats so fucked up about that was it actually had already started, if you go back and watch, I believe, the 11/24 Smackdown (really good overall show by the way) - it was still on my DVR and watched a bit of it last night, viewing Benoit-Finlay was pretty hard to sit through, but it got much weirder when they brought the "Guererro estate" angle into the fold on this show out of the blue in an segment with Benoit and Vicki. I dont know the details, but I think the angle may have gotten dropped the next week.

Think back as well around this time period with the storylines that Benoit was being put through, accused of beating up Vicki, going into a very personal storyline with Chavo, that, now knowing how good of friends they were when they were doing this, must have been really fucked up for both of them (on this same show, Chavo attacks Benoit after his match and constantly browbeats him, saying "you're not a part of our family, you'll never be, etc, etc"), and then on top of it they were going to start a fictitional storyline on Benoit finding out Chavo and Vicki were "being shady" with Eddy's money. I'm certainly not blaming WWE for creating the monster Benoit obviously became, but quite the fucked up angles and storylines to be put in, not just for him but for all three of them, given Eddy just had died about a year before that, and Benoit particularly was still going through some tremendous greiving still, more than likely.

JIMMY KIMMEL CUTS A BENOIT JOKE AT COMEDY CENTRAL TAPING

According to TMZ.com, the Comedy Central Roast of Flavor Flav was taped last night and will air at some point in August. Roastmaster Jimmy Kimmel was roasting Flav for his having many children with different women. At that point, Kimmel said, "Chris Benoit is a better father than you."

Comedy Central immediately sent word that the Benoit joke would be edited out of the broadcast and DVD release.

Flavor Flav gets a roast now? Da fuck???!!

Guest Smues
...why? In the words of Patton Oswald, "What the fuck, it's a roast!" They're supposed to be as mean and offensive as humanly possible. They didn't edit out Gilbert Gottfried making a 9/11 joke just before his infamous aristocrats spiel at the Hefner roast.

I was going to say because then you'd have to order the ppv of it, but I noticed that they said they'd edit it from the DVD too so I'm guessing it won't be on the PPV either. Wierd.

So unless I missed it, did Benoit have his funeral yet? Has he been buried already? Or no date yet? I'd like to know who attended/will attend this.

"Indy wrestler James Fawcett who went by Devil Bhudakhan, committed suicide by hanging himself on 7/12 or 7/13. According to reports, Fawcett idolized Chris Benoit and patterned his ring style after him. Apparently he was upset over his wife leaving him five weeks prior"

That's a bit of a shock.

Doesn't really have anything to do with Benoit, but since it's about another wrestler death I'll mention it here. Meltzer just said on LAW that John Kronus' heart was twice the size of a normal guy his age and size.

This always happens with guys who drink a lot, but nobody is exactly sure why. I have no idea whether Kronus was a boozer, but it's true.

I really want to call in to Nancy Grace and complain about that list that I saw.

I really want to call in to Nancy Grace and complain about that list that I saw.

Yea don't........a guy on another board did. He was explaining regardless of what you say they'll be like "you don't know that" "you can't confirm that" like he said he was explaining one of the guys died from being morbidly obese and the producer/screener was like "obesity is a side effect of getting off steroids"

They don't want to hear from you and will NOT listen to you if it has anything to do with them being wrong.

It's a shame. That Jimmy Kimmel joke is one of the more tasteful Benoit jokes I've heard. My friend has been ruthless with them. I don't see why you'd have to edit it out of the DVD. Broadcast? Yes. DVD? No. It's not so much that I want to hear the joke, I Just want to see what the crowds reaction to it would be.

The Benoit murders were done by a satanic cult. Apparently there's even evidence to support the theory.

No, thats not me saying it, but "The Globe", one of those tabloid things that catch your eye in the check-out lane. I thought it was amusing.

Dr. Kris Sperry determined that Chris Benoit had no noticeable health issues aside from high blood pressure and endocrine damage. He was suffering from testicular failure.

Benoit apparently destroyed his dairy and Nancy's diary.

Dr. Gary Walder, a member of the World anti-doping agency said, "The WWE testing program - it doesn't even approximate what I call a meaningful testing program." Dr. Walder is considered one of the country's major experts on the subject.

In addition to Marc Mero, Jim Ross, and Fit Finlay attending the funeral for Nancy and Daniel Benoit, TNA ring announcer David Penzer and Pam Clark (the wife of Brian Hildebrand) also attended the service.