TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

I think that if they did some catscans of alot of the older wrestlers heads, they would be shocked at how fucked their brains are.

In Benoits case, like I said a long time ago in this thread, his change in behavior sounded like someone who had taken a few to many shots to the noggin. Everything about his behavior that was being reported after this pointed to his head being fucked up like the numerous NFL players who have committed suicide or just gone plain nuts the past few years.

Couple that with drug abuse and you are talking some serious mind fucking going on.

Also, maybe this will bring about other changes in wrestling? Look at what HHH did to Umaga Monday night. Chair after chair, unprotected, to the head. Maybe we should cut down on that sort of thing.

I remember a stiff chair shot that Hunter gave Chris a few years ago that was so unprotected and reckless that I heard that if it had been anyone other than Hunter who delivered the chairshot in question they would have been fired. It was a match on Raw at some point in late 2004, and I think it was Hunter and Flair against Benoit and someone else, and I remember the finish had Hunter laying everyone out with chairshots, and when he swung at the back of Benoit's head he was holding the chair the 'wrong' way around hit Benoit with the harder edges of the legs of the chair and legit knocked him out.

Also, maybe this will bring about other changes in wrestling? Look at what HHH did to Umaga Monday night. Chair after chair, unprotected, to the head. Maybe we should cut down on that sort of thing.

I remember a stiff chair shot that Hunter gave Chris a few years ago that was so unprotected and reckless that I heard that if it had been anyone other than Hunter who delivered the chairshot in question they would have been fired. It was a match on Raw at some point in late 2004, and I think it was Hunter and Flair against Benoit and someone else, and I remember the finish had Hunter laying everyone out with chairshots, and when he swung at the back of Benoit's head he was holding the chair the 'wrong' way around hit Benoit with the harder edges of the legs of the chair and legit knocked him out.

He also knocked out the ref with a chairshot during that angle.

I'm not saying it was malicious like the Jim Ross match, but it was really bizarre coming from the normally safe HHH.

Pro wrestler in court on harassment charges

By Jared Allen, [email protected]

October 26, 2006

Tracy Smothers, 44, who also was known as “Freddy Joe Floyd†when he was affiliated with the World Wrestling Federation (WWF), is scheduled to appear before a General Sessions Judge on Thursday to face two charges of criminal harassment.

In March, Smothers’ live in girlfriend, Melba Renee Payne, told authorities that Smothers made a series of phone calls to her threatening bodily harm.

“[He] called me at work and told me that he was going to bash my head in with a baseball bat,†Payne alleged in her affidavit. “[He] called me nine (9) times and left multiple messages. I told [him] not to call me anymore.â€

Payne went on to allege that Smothers called later that day and “stated that he was going to get me when I least expect it and take me away in a car where no one would ever find my body,†according to a second affidavit written by Payne.

Smothers, of 5170 Hickory Hollow Parkway, has had prior brushes with the law while in Nashville.

In March he appeared in court to faces two charges of misdemeanor drug possession and one charge of unlawful use of drug paraphernalia. Criminal Court documents indicated those charges were “settled.â€

In August of 2005, Smothers defended himself against a charge of domestic assault, which was also brought forth by Payne.

“The defendant, who is my boyfriend and resides with me, has been calling me and leaving me voicemail messages threatening me with bodily harm. The defendant has stated to me that he is going to kill me,†Payne wrote in a sworn statement at the time.

“The defendant has assaulted me in the past,†she alleged last year. “He is also addicted to steroids and he is a professional wrestler.â€

According to various professional wrestling Web sites, Smothers began his career in the early 1990s with the World Championship Wrestling (WCW) series.

While with the WCW, Smothers joined wrestler Steve Armstrong in the tag-team duo “The Southern Boys.â€

He later joined the WWF under the name “Freddy Joe Floyd.â€

Since March 2004, Smothers has continued wrestling on the independent circuit.

http://tinyurl.com/2ksjer

The case is now being dealt with by mental health services. The charges will be dropped if Tracy goes though with getting the help that he needs.

He has had 30 plus concussions and being around the wrestling business for 23 years makes it a little hard for him to deal with reality. That results in him being sick almost every morning, irrational mood swings and violent tendencies.

I filed the charges in an attempt to get him the help that he desperately needs. He lost his health insurance while in the UK. The neuroligist told him he should have gotten out of the ring 10 years ago due to the amount of brain damage he has suffered.

He has not done any steroids since the issue last year. When that occured he had just come off a cycle in hopes of getting hired by the WWE after the ECW PPV. The last cycle almost killed him and made him violent.

espcially when most people think they are fake anyway. People don't realize they are actually being hit in the head with chairs.

Time to bring back the kevin sullivan wicker chairs of doom.

Okay...no...don't do that.

I just stared at your avatar for about 10 minutes before posting, Rip.....

The chairs definitely seem to be gimmicked (as in thinner) than they were 5 years ago, but there is no greater weapon than the chair. It looks so legit because it IS. Definitely should be a special occurence and not an every week thing.

Remember Maven getting killed by Taker at Rumble 02?

Speaking of Taker, no one throws them harder than him. In Kanyon's final WWE performance as Boy George, did taker not murder the guy? I swear he swings them with intent to kill because no one will say anything to him about it.

Yeah, Triple H was really stiff that night, I remember Batista putting up his left hand and basically falling back so he wouldn't have to take the chairshot. It looked like Triple H could have broken his fingers or hand with how hard he hit him.

Remember Maven getting killed by Taker at Rumble 02?

He was also on the receiving end of an absurdly hard chairshot from Snitsky at Survivor Series three years ago.

Yeah, Maven accidentally stiffed Snitsky on RAW and busted him open. Snitsky paid him back later with a sick chairshot on the very top of his head

The chairs definitely seem to be gimmicked (as in thinner) than they were 5 years ago, but there is no greater weapon than the chair.

I have not noticed this, ever. It's not like they're using Japanese chairs.

It looks so legit because it IS. Definitely should be a special occurence and not an every week thing.

They should NEVER do it

Speaking of Taker, no one throws them harder than him. In Kanyon's final WWE performance as Boy George, did taker not murder the guy? I swear he swings them with intent to kill because no one will say anything to him about it.

He also used the less "safe" part of the chair.

I refuse to believe Chris Benoit's mnetal problems stemmed from freaking diving headbutts. If so, why aren't Sayama and Dynamite in serious mental problems?

The chair shots though, yes it could be a factor, and yes it should probably just be back shots/hand protected head shots except in rare occasions, but to ban them outright will be silly.

(Plus if they do then we all know all the fucking indy kids will be shotting chairs around every match and people REALLY will get hurt).

I refuse to believe Chris Benoit's mnetal problems stemmed from freaking diving headbutts. If so, why aren't Sayama and Dynamite in serious mental problems?

Dynamite Kid really obviously has had serious mental problems.

There's also the fact that there are plenty of ways a wrestler can get concussed just by the nature of the profession. Wrestlers have gotten concussions from taking flat back bumps where their heads never hit the mat.

Guys, concussions can easily happen, they nearly happen every football game. There is a reason why the NFL is fighting this so hard right now, if it were to come out that guys are really supposed to be out for about 2 months after every concussion, where there can be guys that will come back within a week or two in the NFL, then it would dramatically change the whole game.

I'll use wrestling as an example, look at that Randy Orton match he had with RVD for the IC title. Orton got a concussion shortly into it, than worked through it for another 15 minutes. He didn't take time off. To go further back, look at what happened with Bret Hart. He had a big concussion from that Goldberg kick, but he worked through it for another week and got a whole bunch of "little" concussions, somewhere around 10-25.

If what Nowinski and his people are saying is correct, it's the fact that what people use to think there were minor concussions that you could could just recover from in a week or two, it's not the case. You might need up to 3 months of recovery time. I'm glad in a way that Nowinski's wrestling career ended, because he can do something important on a whole. Not just for athletics, but for everyone.

You honestly fail to see how hitting someone's shoulder with your head and hitting a chair with your head are similar in velocity?

I'm saying that if there was actual substantial impact with the majority, or even say 1 in 10, of his diving headbutts, then he wasn't as good a worker as well all thought he was. He should have fucking protected himself.

Its really kind of hard to protect yourself from diving off the top rope, my degree in junk physics leads me to believe that someone diving from however high the top rope is, onto a mat/person, and leading with their head could result in said person getting a concussion

You honestly fail to see how hitting someone's shoulder with your head and hitting a chair with your head are similar in velocity?

I'm saying that if there was actual substantial impact with the majority, or even say 1 in 10, of his diving headbutts, then he wasn't as good a worker as well all thought he was. He should have fucking protected himself.

And even if he didn't hit his head, he still could've gotten a concussion from how his head snapped back, as a concussion is your brain hitting your skull.

...ugh, you try doing it and see if you can protect yourself 100% each and every time, moron.

A few minutes ago, Anderson Cooper 360 had a short segment about the story. Dr. Sanjay Gupta (a neurosurgeon who is CNN's chief medical correspondent) briefly went over the case and for the most part repeated what we already learned (and added credence to SLI's findings), but added that there is also a condition known as "steroid encephalopathy" and Benoit showed no signs of it.