TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

http://www.latimes.com/sports/custom/extra...a-sports-extras

On Wednesday, WWE officials responded to the Benoit brain report with a prepared statement:

"Today's attempt to explain that Chris Benoit's murder of his family was possibly caused by some form of dementia as a result of alleged concussions is speculative. WWE can certainly understand the anguish of a father having to deal with the fact that his son allegedly murdered his wife and young son, as Chris Benoit is alleged to have done. We respect the desire of that father to do whatever he can to find some explanation as to why his son might commit such horrible acts."

Bailes said his research has shown as few as three major concussions can cause "serious, major consequences."

Although Michael Benoit said his son suffered "quite a number" of concussions while wrestling, WWE spokeswoman Jennifer McIntosh said officials "dug around" and found "no medical records of [benoit] suffering a concussion.

"We don't have any answers as to why Chris did what he did. We're still awaiting the law enforcement investigation to be concluded," McIntosh said

http://www.latimes.com/sports/custom/extra...a-sports-extras

On Wednesday, WWE officials responded to the Benoit brain report with a prepared statement:

Although Michael Benoit said his son suffered "quite a number" of concussions while wrestling, WWE spokeswoman Jennifer McIntosh said officials "dug around" and found "no medical records of [benoit] suffering a concussion.

If Benoit never officially told anyone about the concussions he suffered while wrestling for WWE, and she's only talking about not finding medical records of concussions he suffered while in WWE, I might see how they had that conclusion. If nothing was ever official, then it's possible nothing was put on paper. But it's still quite the statement to make.

I'm not surprised they would say something like that. I would imagine no one goes to the doctor with concussion-like symptoms and asks to be checked out, not unless the symptoms are really serious. They just work through it and self-medicate. How long did Bret Hart wrestle with concussions at the end of his career?

Still, I've seen Benoit knocked loopy on numerous occasions. I find it impossible to believe he'd never suffered a concussion, documented or not. It's pretty irresponsible to make it sound like Benoit never suffered one, because that is what people will hear.

After reading all of the discussion re: chairshots, concussions, steroids, no time off, etc etc, I have come to the conclusion that only 1 course of action is feasible:

Obviously, professional wrestling must be banned in its entirety.

After reading all of the discussion re: chairshots, concussions, steroids, no time off, etc etc, I have come to the conclusion that only 1 course of action is feasible:

Obviously, professional wrestling must be banned in its entirety.

Would it really be that bad if that happened?

Sort of strange that the wwe would not embrace the fact that he possibly did what he did as a result of brain damage because that undermines the idea that steroids were the main reason. I guess you could look at it from the point of view that wwe wasn't watching his health as closely as they should but since the media gets hung up on the steroid issue instead, its the less damaging of the two.

It might have been mentioned earlier in the thread but Larry king is supposed to be talking about the benoit story tonight.

Apparently Benoit had a love child... (from the September 10, 2007 issue of National Enquirer):

Here's what Benoit's "daughter" and her mother look like: http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f202/Nir...nquirerPics.jpg

And here's the text of the article:

Chris Benoit's Secret Love Child Claims Share of Will

TRAGIC wrestler Chris Benoit had a secret love child - and she's come forward to stake her claim to his multimillion-dollar will, The ENQUIRER has learned exclusively.

"I felt I was so close to finally being accepted by my father;' said 20-year-old Lindsay Ingram, who's still stunned by the double murder-suicide that took the lives of Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel.

Both Benoit and Lindsay's mom, Lilian Smolcic, were 18-year-old up-and-coming wrestlers in their hometown of Edmonton, Alberta,Canada, when they began a romance in 1986. After six months of dating, Lilian, whose ring name was Lisa Leigh, learned she was pregnant.

"He never tried to deny he was the father - we both knew it was 110 percent his baby;' she explained.

Lilian hoped Chris would ask her to marry him.

"WHEN LINDSAY WAS 3 MONTHS OLD I took her to see him wrestling;' said Lilian. "I was hoping that when he saw her it would spark something.

"All the time Chris was in the ring he kept looking at Lindsay in her stroller. He couldn't take his eyes offher. But afterward he wouldn't talk to me:' Lilian's wrestling career was over, but Chris was on his way to superstardom in the United States.

"At one point I was struggling so badly I had to apply for welfare;' said Lilian. "They asked me about Lindsay's father - then told me how hard it would be for me, living in Canada, to get support from someone in tlle States. So I figured what had happened had happened, Lindsay was my responsibility - and I had to take care of everything myself." Lindsay told The ENQUIRER exclusively that she briefly saw her father when she was 13, but their reunion was cut short by his wife Nancy.

Their next meeting was considerably more emotional, says a witness.

When Lindsay was 16, in 2004, Benoit returned to Edmonton to be honored by the city after winning the world championship. Lindsay, with \ a pal and the pal's mother, " waited in line for three hours to meet him. Lindsay brought with her a picture of Benoit and her mother. when they were teenagers.

Her friend's mother, I Rene Wilson, 67, told The ENQUIRER: "While we waited in line, Lindsay got scared that she was going to be publicly rejected, so I went first.

I showed Chris the picture - and told him: 'Your daughter Lindsay is standing right behind me.' "Lindsay came forward shyly and he said:

'Hi, sweetie, how are you?' "She said: 'I'm fine, Dad. I just want you to recognize me as your daughter:

"Lindsay started crying - and I saw tears coming to Chris' eyes. Suddenly he got up, crying, and hurried out somewhere in the back.' Lindsay never saw her father again.

And now Lindsay wants to have a piece of what her famous father left behind.

"I think it's only fair that I share in the will;' she told The ENQUIRER.

"I have a right to be included. He never did anything to help my mom - and there were so many times when she had to struggle to raise me:'

by DAVID WRIGHT

Vince died in suspicious circumstances. Benoit died in suspicious circumstances .

There was supposed to be fued over Vince's estate. There is a fued over Benoit's estate.

Vince had an illegitimate child. Benoit has an illigitemate child.

The mother of Vince's child wants his money. The mother of Benoit's child wants his money.

Wow, that's a little odd.

As for the kid, she seems more concerned about getting her hands on the cash than she does about dealing with her dad's death or getting to know her surviving brother or sister.

That Larry King segment with Benoit's dad and the doctors was actually pretty interesting. While I dont think it completely proves that concussions made him go crazy, it certainly could have played a part, more than the roid rage theory at least. I think, ultimately, you're talking about a mixture of things that led to Benoit's demise, including drug abuse.

Apparently Benoit had a love child... (from the September 10, 2007 issue of National Enquirer):

Here's what Benoit's "daughter" and her mother look like: http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f202/Nir...nquirerPics.jpg

She totally has "white trash" written all over her...not b/c she ever was in dire straights, but just b/c...I don't know, she just does!

Those chairs, are they 100% real or are they props made to bend/break easier?

100% real.

She totally has "white trash" written all over her...not b/c she ever was in dire straights, but just b/c...I don't know, she just does!

White trash as opposed to what other kind of trash?

She looks like she's straight out of Oshawa. Only fellow Ontarians are going to get that reference... :P

She looks like she's straight out of Oshawa. Only fellow Ontarians are going to get that reference... :P

Looks just like Benoit though. There's no denying that. Interesting how all these "love children" and lost relatives always start coming out of the woodwork after someone dies.

If Benoit chose to not give her anything in his will, that's his decision. It's not like they can have a paternity test now he's dead to prove she is his actual daughter. Sounds like a jilted ex with a bastard daughter trying to cop some money from her ex's fortune. Considering Chris had dual citizenship her claim she wouldn't have got alimony if it were proven she was his daughter is bullshit. Funny she waited until he was buried to try cop a claim. What a fucking joke. They should both be ashamed of themselves for trying to profit from a tragedy.

If Benoit chose to not give her anything in his will, that's his decision. It's not like they can have a paternity test now he's dead to prove she is his actual daughter. Sounds like a jilted ex with a bastard daughter trying to cop some money from her ex's fortune. Considering Chris had dual citizenship her claim she wouldn't have got alimony if it were proven she was his daughter is bullshit. Funny she waited until he was buried to try cop a claim. What a fucking joke. They should both be ashamed of themselves for trying to profit from a tragedy.

Couldn't they though? Isn't this just a blood/DNA test? Since this is a criminal investigation I'm sure they've got samples on hand via the autopsy.

Yeah, she should be ashamed of herself for raising a child alone while Chris was a millionare. (if the story is true).

And they can test for paternity, and probably will.

Someone please explain to me why, if this is his child, she shouldn't be able to get some money out of this situation?

It's the National Enquirer. Are we really taking this story seriously?

Thank you. That woman probably dated Benoit for two weeks and hadn't spoken to him in 25 years. She probably had the daughter with some other deadbeat. She's just speaking out now because it's a hot news topic. Why didn't she do this while he was alive? Because it isn't true.

Question:

After watching some Benoit and some Guererro matches, who do you think is the better FACE? Who was more over as a face?

If Benoit chose to not give her anything in his will, that's his decision.

Both Chris and Nancy didn't have wills.

It's not like they can have a paternity test now he's dead to prove she is his actual daughter.

Benoit had 2 other kids, remember?

The Enquirer tends to extensively vet their stories, so yes, we should.

But to be honest, it is completely unheard of that a wrestler would have a child by a woman and not support it or not be there for it. That never happens so why would it start now.

But to be honest, it is completely unheard of that a wrestler would have a child by a woman and not support it or not be there for it. That never happens so why would it start now.

I really hope you're being sarcastic.

If Benoit chose to not give her anything in his will, that's his decision.

Both Chris and Nancy didn't have wills.

It's not like they can have a paternity test now he's dead to prove she is his actual daughter.

Benoit had 2 other kids, remember?

The Enquirer tends to extensively vet their stories, so yes, we should.

Benoit had two wills. One he registered more recently which may be discounted, true, but he had a pre-exisiting will.

Yes, Benoit did have two other kids but he paid alimony for them.