TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Well, they billed him as a longtime WWE employee.

My guess is Scotty 2 Hotty. He was in WWE for an astronomically long time. A jobber for most of the 90s up to earlier this year when he was fired.

I heard more of a New York accent than a Canadian one, but to be fair, I'd wager CNN's voice distortion techniques are more advanced than "slow it down lol!"

The piece said "longtime WWE employee". Daivari wasn't even there for 3 years. There's no way he'd even risk doing that because he said he wants to go back one day and claims Vince told him he'd be welcomed back with open arms when he was ready to return.

I'm still saying it was Scotty 2 Hotty.

Brian Lawler already did an interview uncovered with CNN on Wolf Blitzer's show a few days after the killings. He has a very, very raspy voice as well and I don't think CNN's audio disfigurers would go to the trouble to fill in his empty vocal spots.

Shit, I bet you're right. Piper's Canadian and it would be a bitch to figure out if it was him through reverse distortion because 99% of everything he's said is in the faux-Scottish accent.

Shit, I bet you're right. Piper's Canadian and it would be a bitch to figure out if it was him through reverse distortion because 99% of everything he's said is in the faux-Scottish accent.

Meltzer said (this is factual, guys) that we wouldn't care. Conway=not caring. Piper is a name.

Meltzer said (this is factual, guys) that we wouldn't care. Conway=not caring. Piper is a name.

It's possible that he means "We wouldn't care" like "It's somebody that's wrestled less than 5 matches for the company in the last decade", though.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/font_co...cle_23585.shtml

Here's what CNN did earlier that balances the score, during the months it took reporter Drew Griffin and his production crew to put together their hour-long documentary:

On the day Griffin's team was scheduled to come to Wrestling Observer editor/writer Dave Meltzer's house to interview him for the story, Meltzer got a call.

Vince McMahon wouldn't allow any interviews with anyone in WWE, including himself, if CNN put Meltzer in their documentary.

Was there a legitimate reason to remove Meltzer from the documentary? Did he blow a story, or take a critical quote out of context, in his reporting about WWE? Did CNN, based on what WWE told them, vet Meltzer's work and discover something that completely made them change their opinion of his knowledge of the story they were covering? Did they tell WWE that no reputable news organization would give the tainted subject of scandal any say over how they would covered, and that if WWE pulled their previously promised cooperation, America's Number One Cable New Source would note that, and the reasons why, in their documentary.

Nah, nothing like that. CNN let a wrestling promoter dictate the terms of his coverage, then gave him the opportunity to righteously show them up by disingenuously editing the interview with his most popular star to make their show sexier.

It's a shame, because the truth is CNN had a hell of a story without their balanced embarrassments.

Meanwhile...

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/noapology

WWE received the following statement last night at 10:00 pm EST from CNN's Director of Public Relations, Jennifer Dargan:

"CNN felt that Mr. Cena's statement in the interview:

"My answer to that question 'have you ever used steroids' is -- the only thing I can say -- I can't tell you that I haven't, but you'll never be able to prove that I have"

was a more expansive and complete answer -- and that's why we used it in the first run of the program. And we stand by that decision. But, we added the other quote on the Sunday replay where Mr. Cena first denied using steroids. We did this because of his complaint and the attention it received so that viewers could see how he said it both times."

So anyone think they'll mention Benoit when they do their TV and Magazine 2007 in review? I mean normally, they'd like to and will erase him, but looking back at the 2007 year, I don't think they can AVOID it.

They can easily avoid it. Both will just focus on storylines, and it's not like Benoit did anything of note this year other than feud with MVP.

CONGRESS SET TO HAVE STEROID HEARINGS NEXT SESSION

by Dave Scherer

The Baltimore Sun is reporting today that Illinois Rep. Bobby Rush, chairman of a House Energy and Commerce subcommittee, has stated that he plans on holding a hearing on the use of performance-enhancing drugs in baseball and other sports when the Congress reconvenes next year. This comes on the heels of the indictment of all-time Major League Baseball home run champion Barry Bonds.

After the announcement, Rep. Cliff Stearns of Florida endorsed the idea so it appears it will finally happen. Professional Wrestling is expected to be one of the "other sports" that gets looked at by Congress when this takes place.

Baltimore Sun article

--The House Energy and Commerce Committee, headed by Representative Billy Rush, will hold hearings on performance enhancing drugs in sports when it comes back from the winter recess. The wrestling hearings will be part of more hearings that will cover baseball and other sports, but the two main sports will be baseball and pro wrestling. Vince needs to "thank" Barry Bonds for this one because that indictment spurred Rush on, who had in the past been concerned, but not concerned enough to call hearings, on wrestling.