TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

That's a pretty creepy article in hindsight.

This can pretty much sum it up:

Chris Benoit, rot in hell you selfish bastard. Rot in hell.

No truer words were ever spoken.

http://www.maximonline.com/Thelastdaysofch...icles/9733.aspx

The best mainstream piece I've seen. Nothing new if you've been following the newsletters, but certainly interesting to see in a magazine w/ 2.5 million readers that's geared towards WWE's target demographic.

I thought the article was pretty poorly written myself. The author tried too hard

The best mainstream piece I've seen. Nothing new if you've been following the newsletters, but certainly interesting to see in a magazine w/ 2.5 million readers that's geared towards WWE's target demographic.

Well, I, for one, found it sadly humorous and ironic in how it was written:

"(Chris Benoit) always putting himself out for others. In the WWE locker room, wrestlers knew Benoit as the guy you went to with a problem. Pissed at management? Not sure how to execute a certain move? Trouble with the wife?..."

Yeah, I have an idea the advice Benoit must have given them...

I thought the article was pretty poorly written myself. The author tried too hard

It's far more in-depth than anything else out there, though.

It seems like you was implying that this would affect WWE's audience.

No, I didn't mean it that way.

My point was just that it was largely information that had previously been known mostly to Observer readers and didn't get any mainstream attention, so it's just interesting that its big mainstream exposure has come 5 months later in a magazine that is actually read largely by WWE's target audience.

Oh, my bad. Bix you seem to know alot about this case, So you might can answer this for me.

Has the pictures of the crime scene ever been released? I'M not asking to be funny, I just always wondered about that, because at some point pictures are always leaked of cases like this, so I'm just curious.

I posted this in the Smackdown thread and then I realized it fit better here.

How do you guys think Benoit would react to Edge and Vickie making out together? If he couldn't handle the Eddie storylines then, I guess this would put him over the edge?

Put him over the edge? Is there a edge beyond murder?

Yeah, but if he was still around, yikes. I'd just like to see his next backstage segment with Vickie.

Benoit: You tramp, what the hell is wrong with you. Etc...........

Ok, to change up the thread a little.

If you could ask the WWE to allow, ONE, just ONE Benoit moment to still be mentioned publicly and NOT ERASED from history, only because of the other guy he wrestled or the historical importance of the match and not him specifically, what moment would it be?

Choices:

Angle/Benoit Rumble 2003

Austin/Benoit Smackdown 2001 10 Germans

TLC 3

Radicalz Debut (Too bad that will be locked up forever, great moment in history)

Y2J/Benoit vs. HHH/Austin

The 2004 Royal Rumble

Wrestlemania XX

Benoit wins the WCW and Quits

Benoit vs. Booker Best of 7

Hart/Benoit Owen Hart Match

Other....

Angle/Benoit Rumble 2003

I'm guessing Mania XX will be the popular choice, and it's worthy -- great match, great moment. But for me, the match with Angle at the RR is on another level as one of THE classic matches of all time, and the reaction from the crowd both during the match and after it (the standing ovation for Benoit, the loser) prove that Benoit had arrived as a bona fide main eventer.

Wrestlemania XX.

Now that there has been some word on the condition of Benoit's brain at his time of death, I don't see why in a few years from now they could start slowly letting him back into history. I'm not saying they need to glorify him and give him a full legends deal, because they shouldn't, but it will be time to accept that Benoit was there and did participate in some truly historic matches and angles.

Ok, to change up the thread a little.

If you could ask the WWE to allow, ONE, just ONE Benoit moment to still be mentioned publicly and NOT ERASED from history, only because of the other guy he wrestled or the historical importance of the match and not him specifically, what moment would it be?

Choices:

Angle/Benoit Rumble 2003

Austin/Benoit Smackdown 2001 10 Germans

TLC 3

Radicalz Debut (Too bad that will be locked up forever, great moment in history)

Y2J/Benoit vs. HHH/Austin

The 2004 Royal Rumble

Wrestlemania XX

Benoit wins the WCW and Quits

Benoit vs. Booker Best of 7

Hart/Benoit Owen Hart Match

Other....

It's a shame that those moments in time will be lost forever now. I also feel bad for guys like Orton and MVP who both have now lost 2 of the biggest moments of their career due to the Benoit connection (Orton's WHC title win at SummerSlam, and MVP's Mania debut as well as winning the US title)

Wrestlemania XX.

Now that there has been some word on the condition of Benoit's brain at his time of death, I don't see why in a few years from now they could start slowly letting him back into history. I'm not saying they need to glorify him and give him a full legends deal, because they shouldn't, but it will be time to accept that Benoit was there and did participate in some truly historic matches and angles.

Thats all the more reason he'll be erased from history since those concussions came under WWE's watch.

Hart vs. Benoit on Nitro is what should definitely be kept around. That match was done in completely good faith.

Hart vs. Benoit on Nitro is what should definitely be kept around. That match was done in completely good faith.

Correct. That match belongs to Bret/Owen, more then it does Benoit. The only other match I would consider on that level is the Pillman Memorial Match with Regal since that's considered to be the match that saved Regal's career, however, it's not as if that match has a great legacy beyond the fans of Regal and Benoit. Everything else, even WMXX, doesn't hold enough meaning anymore other then to put over as "good-great wrestling matches". I do have to admit that erasing Benoit really hurts a Jericho dvd, should they ever get around to it.

MVP still has a long career to go before you can consider beating Benoit to be his career highlight. The same goes for Orton. Orton's career highlight can arguably be connected to the Foley match.