TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

With all due respect to all your due respect, there's a history of violent behavior and there's picking up your own daughter in preparation to introduce her face to the back of her own skull via your fist without really realizing what you're about to do or who you're about to do it to. Model citizen or no, a step towards crazed maniac is a bad step to be taking.

I'm going to wear my Benoit shirt at the next WWE show I go to. It should be an interesting experience.

With all due respect to all your due respect, there's a history of violent behavior and there's picking up your own daughter in preparation to introduce her face to the back of her own skull via your fist without really realizing what you're about to do or who you're about to do it to. Model citizen or no, a step towards crazed maniac is a bad step to be taking.

One case of anecdotal evidence, no quotes from doctors on the specifics or anything. I know concussions are bad, but c'mon now. You can't take a case like this and then present it as such overwhelming evidence that your debaters are worthy of scorn.

I'm going to wear my Benoit shirt at the next WWE show I go to. It should be an interesting experience.

Remember to post about it, I'm curious.

Al Keiper sure has taken it upon himself to be a one-man WWE Defense Force during these trying times.

There are things that they could do better, but I honestly think WWE is ahead of any other promotion in these matters.

And honestly, the concussion stuff isn't so much the danger of concussions as much as people want to believe Chris Benoit did it because he was brain damaged and not because he made a conscious choice. I mean seriously, he knew well enough not to injure a wrestler in a worked match but not enough to not murder his wife and child? That's silly.

I agree that Benoit was rational that weekend, despite what people may like to think. He knew enough to lie to co-workers, and neighbours, drugged Daniel to ensure a peaceful death and then there's the fact that he killed himself: he knew what he'd done and what the consequences would be if he stuck around.

There have been family annihlator cases where the dad kills everyone, but either he doesn't kill himself or fails in his own attempt, then they try to plead insanity. To date this has never worked because the courts always find evidence of rationality or it being planned out well in advance. Benoit, had he lived, would have never have gotten an insanity verdict, there's too much to indicate he knew what he was doing.

So has Chris Benoit been mentioned in any year in reviews? Either locally where you are from or nationally? From espn to people magazine to entertainment tonight? Just curious how broad attention still is for this story.

So has Chris Benoit been mentioned in any year in reviews? Either locally where you are from or nationally? From espn to people magazine to entertainment tonight? Just curious how broad attention still is for this story.

Well, he was in The Onion's year timeline under the heading 'Pro Wrestler Unable to Leave Rage at Work'.

I should too so they can give me a free shirt to cover it up!!!

Guest Smues
Time Magazine listed the Chris Benoit tragedy as the eighth worst crime in 2007.

I guess he had to take out a couple more to be number 1

What were the higher 7?

Time Magazine listed the Chris Benoit tragedy as the eighth worst crime in 2007.

I guess he had to take out a couple more to be number 1

What were the higher 7?

I'm sure Virginia Tech was higher than the Benoit tragedy.