TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

thought that was an interesting video. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, and it's not necessarily my views either.

thought that was an interesting video. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, and it's not necessarily my views either.

no no no no no no no no

He is right about the deal with the cops and the neighbor and absolutely nothing else.

Why is this topic still open?

Tell us exactly why it should be closed.

I don't see why you care if it remains open. If you don't want to see what's being said so much, don't open the thread and look at it?

Benoit is in the tribute section of the Best and Worst 2007 edition of People magazine.

I agree that Benoit was rational that weekend, despite what people may like to think. He knew enough to lie to co-workers, and neighbours, drugged Daniel to ensure a peaceful death and then there's the fact that he killed himself: he knew what he'd done and what the consequences would be if he stuck around.

We'll never know, but Nancy threatening divorce and taking Daniel away or Benoit finding out she was cheating on him would be good explainations on what caused him to snap besides stress, head trauma, steroids, etc.

For the longest time I tried to find away to get around, to deny that Benoit would do this just like any other diehard fan, but as soon as I found out the new insurance policy he made, I had to accept the fact that Benoit had this planned out all along instead of the killing in the heat of passion like I had also had hoped happened.

I had good matches with him, but i was never really impressed with his standing in the business as "The Best Worker." He really didn't do much. He chopped, he kicked, he gave the 35 german suplexes in a row, and he did the head BUTT off the top rope. I think people liked him for his tenacity, but realistically, all he did was make a fake fight look less than a fake fight. He impressed the hardcore smart fans alot, but his in ring work never really got him accepted on the level of the Rock, Austin's, and Flair's by your mainstream audience. The fact he couldn't cut a promo didn't help him that much either.

Why is the WWE going through the process of erasing Chris Benoit's existence? Are they trying to pretend he wasn't a living, breathing, human being? I guess if the WWE were to have their way, than I'll pretend that i never wrestled Chris Benoit twice on Nitro, and those two losses should be stricken from my record books. I don't think anyone in the McMahon family for at least the next two generations are going to forget him, so what is the purpose? If I was Michael Benoit I would consider this pretty strong evidence that Vince must feel responsible for what Benoit did. It's like shredding documents and erasing tapes, things you don't do unless you're guilty of something. Is it just me, or does this whole process seem unnecessary and ridiculous?

Credit: Disco Inferno's columns from WrestleZone.com

Well, that might be the case but WWE isn't going to erase his history. How is it bad for business that they'll keep him included on anthologly sets (try having those with Benoit erased) and in the title histories? They aren't promoting his name at all or even referencing him.

Why is this topic still open?

Tell us exactly why it should be closed.

Yes sir, I will tell you exactly why I believe it should be closed.

1. It's an old story.

2. Per Disco Inferno, Benoit wasn't that good. And if Disco thinks something sucks, that means we don't talk about that something that Disco thinks sucks.

3. What new, and actual news is being contributed? Besides TSM theories, and the such? What groundbreaking, mind altering news has been recently released lately?

4. There is no conspiracy theory involved. Chris Benoit, the man we all secretly wanted to wrestle is/was a cold blooded murderer. He snapped one day, let it be from 'roid rage/depression/psychosis/schizophrenia/brain damage or whatever else you can think of. he murdered his wife, his son, and comitted suicide.

5. We will never know the real reason why he did it.

6. Professional wrestlers will continue to die.

7. They will also continue to die at an alarmingly young age.

8. They will continue putting illegal substances in their bodies, and will no doubt continue working with mounting injuries.

9. The WWF is to blame, for everything, ever.

10. The horse is dead, no reason to keep beating it.

I don't see why you care if it remains open. If you don't want to see what's being said so much, don't open the thread and look at it?

God, I really fucking hate that saying. I'm guessing you couldn't find something better to say, a little more clever. You certainly live up to your SN.

This folder has roughly 3 topics that get any attention at this point and this is one of them.

If it closes any Benoit mention will just lead to the opening of a new (or several new) threads. Then you'll have to go into several more threads and explain why they should be closed. Then the mods will have to close those too.

Of course all of that can be avoided if you can learn to live with A THREAD ON A MESSAGEBOARD.

Undoubtedly so, but the same can be reverted back to you, my friend. Can you not live without this thread?

Jeez. Everyone is so uptight about this.

Before the silly flaming starts, I'll end this. I've been joshin' y'all since the start.

People are going to want to talk about this topic every time some new "information" is found, so I would rather have this thread stay open then have the "Comments" thread flooded by any new Benoit news

From gerweck.net

The upcoming issue of Hustler magazine (March 2008) has a two page spread of nude photos of the late Nancy Benoit. Apparently these images are from when she was married to Jim Daus. Apparently she was touring doing bikini and wet t-shirt competitions in Florida when one of the hosts told her she should be in Penthouse. He set up a photo shoot for her and then videotaped the photo shoot. Nancy never submitted the photos and later had them destroyed but either never knew about or got the video which is now in the possession of Hustler.

Winner to challenge Walt Disney.

Dude, Walt's not dead he's just cryonically frozen.

I couldn't find the clip of Disney from the Family Guy movie but I did find this:

That was funny the first 34 times someone said it.

I never thought 2007 would end with Chris Benoit dead. And I never thought Chris Benoit would kill his own family, either.

It's still somewhat shocking, and I'll never fully be over it as a fan.

What a crazy year.

The Associated Press reports that both sides of Chris Benoit's family have reached a verbal agreement to settle the estate, rather than pursue legal remedies in court. Chris and Nancy's sides of the family have wrangled over legal entitlement to the Benoit estate over the past few months, with upwards of $600,000 being spent to settle entitlement.

The settlement is expected to read that half of the estate will go Chris's two remaining children from his previous marriage. The other half will go to Nancy's family.

Regarding the settlement, Michael Benoit said, "In principle, it's there. It just needs to be documented." When asked whether Nancy's side, the Toffolonis, deserve a portion, Michael said they should receive compensation. "They've lost their daughter and lost their grandson," he said. "I definitely feel there should be compensation for them. I've definitely thought that from the beginning."

The attorney to the Toffolonis, Rick Decker, said they're trying to find a common ground on both sides. Michael said he didn't understand why they needed to spend $600,000 to reach an agreement, but Decker said, "If we have to litigate, we will. But we're working to avoid that if we can."