TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

I sure as hell know if my best friend did that to his family, I wouldn't give a flying fuck how great a friend he was to me or anyone else, I'd never look at him as nothing but a murderer. This just shows that the wrestling fans that take wrestling a little too seriously can't fathom one of their beloved stars doing something like that. Hell, anyone is capable of murder at any time.

Well that's the most annoying thing I've ever listened to..

I've never actually seen The Iron Sheik as a wrestler.. Is that what his promos sounded like?

He's more intelligible in "his prime" than he is there where he's getting all emotional. He has this "Shoot Style" promo voice that you saw there, but he was a crazy foreigner gimmick so pretty much he could go. USA SUCKS! and get a reaction in the 80's.

I've never actually seen The Iron Sheik as a wrestler.. Is that what his promos sounded like?

Wow, so you've never even seen the match where Hogan won his first WWF title from Iron Sheik? Amazing...

I've never understood people that rationalize what Benoit did, such as Chris Jericho, by saying, "Well, this was a totally different person who did this. Let's just remember the person before that weekend." What a bunch of bullshit. Do you think the Toffolonis want to just remember who he was before that weekend? Do you think their pain is eased by the fact that he was such a great wrestler? This guy murdered their daughter and grandson. To top it off, he didn't have the guts to face the music for what he did so he killed himself. They don't fucking care about his wrestling skills or how good a person he supposedly was before this.

Nobody's rationalizing what Benoit did, it's just how they chose to take it.

I was just re-reading a review of the Bret Hart DVD, and when I got to the review of the Owen tribute match, it made me wonder:

If everything with Benoit had happened around the time the Bret DVD either was in production or was about to come out (say, a few weeks or a month before), do you think WWE would have allowed that match to be included in the set (meaning they'd either not include it in the final product or not release the copies that were ready to ship)? It was WWE's DVD, but it only came about b/c Vince gave Bret so much control of its production.

I was just re-reading a review of the Bret Hart DVD, and when I got to the review of the Owen tribute match, it made me wonder:

If everything with Benoit had happened around the time the Bret DVD either was in production or was about to come out (say, a few weeks or a month before), do you think WWE would have allowed that match to be included in the set (meaning they'd either not include it in the final product or not release the copies that were ready to ship)? It was WWE's DVD, but it only came about b/c Vince gave Bret so much control of its production.

If it was WWE's call I think they'd have cut it; if it was Bret's call I think he'd have left it in. As a tribute match to Owen, it's not supposed to be about Bret, or Benoit, or the referee or the announcers or anything other than tributing the fallen.

Wow, so you've never even seen the match where Hogan won his first WWF title from Iron Sheik? Amazing...

No, I started watching the WWE near the end of the attitude era, and at points have been a big enough fan to watch weekly(and attend one live event), but never a big enough fan to watch matches/shows from the past. Though, I have seen some stuff from the past here and there, but never really went out of my way to watch anything.

I've watched some ECW from the past, but never watched it when it was still around. Never watched WCW. Started watching TNA when they were doing the weekly PPVs, because my friend got them for free. Been to a few indy shows. That's the extent of my wrestling fandom.

Edit: Oh, and watched some mexican wrestling fed that used to play on my local station. Don't know what they were called, but they had alot of weird gimmicks, if that helps.

No, I started watching the WWE near the end of the attitude era, and at points have been a big enough fan to watch weekly(and attend one live event), but never a big enough fan to watch matches/shows from the past. Though, I have seen some stuff from the past here and there, but never really went out of my way to watch anything.

I've watched some ECW from the past, but never watched it when it was still around. Never watched WCW. Started watching TNA when they were doing the weekly PPVs, because my friend got them for free. Been to a few indy shows. That's the extent of my wrestling fandom.

Edit: Oh, and watched some mexican wrestling fed that used to play on my local station. Don't know what they were called, but they had alot of weird gimmicks, if that helps.

It's loud as fuck, but it's on Youtube.

I can't knock a person for feeling badly about what a friend had done when it is so horrible and costs one their friendship. If the only way they can make some sense of it is to think that the person who committed the murders isn't the same person they knew then more power to them.

The report states that Nancy Benoit told Clark how she “was concerned that Chris may be having an affair with one of the Divas in the WWE.

Chris would often get a phone call and leave the room to go talk. When he would come back and Nancy asked him about it, Chris would ignore her and act like nothing happened.

It's plausible when finally confronted about it, Chris killed her in a fit of rage so brain damage / steroids / drugs / alcohol might have not even played a factor at all.

I find the most interesting thing is the police speculation that Benoit was in fact intending to go to the ppv, after he killed Nancy and Daniel but then changed his mind. That is almost beyond belief.

Chris Benoit would have vowed to find the real killers!

It's loud as fuck, but it's on Youtube.

Holy Shit!

Sheik has a BONER right before he puts the camel clutch on Hogan!

I'm gonna throw up.

Chris Benoit would have vowed to find the real killers!

I assume by that point he knew he wasn't going to get away with it, so rather than some alibi, maybe he was thinking he could have one last night of doing what he loved before he got sent to jail. Can you imagined if he had actually showed up on the PPV? Well, at least Morrison would have got to be a part of the most famous match in wrestling history.

Osama has too many syllables for the "thank-you-*per-son*" chant's rhythm.

Now, thanks-al-qaida, that's got a good rhythm to it.

"Thanks-O-Sa-Ma *clap clap clapclapclap*" would work just fine.

Hmm, maybe I should go to ground zero and chant "Thank you, Osama!"

Let's see...thanking somebody whose legacy helped change the industry in the eyes of many fans and took 2 lives vs. thanking somebody who plotted an attack and killed nearly 3 FUCKING THOUSAND PEOPLE. Weigh it out.