TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NitroJMS

RIP Nancy "Woman" Daus

Guest NitroJMS

Just thought there should be a separate thread for Nancy as she was an important personality in all four major feds of the past 20 years (NWA, ECW, WCW, and WWE). Here's for posting your favorite memories of this departed star and her young son.

Guest NitroJMS
This probably should go to general wrestling since she was never a part of WWF/E.

Technically, she's appeared a few times, but if the mods feel its appropriate, then by all means move to General. I just thought it would be more timely here.

Posts in the Benoit threads: 5000.

Posts in this thread: 5. Man, that's sad.

My favorite Nancy stuff was, probably like most people, when she was managing Sandman. Her acting like she was orgasming while Sandy was caning the shit out of Tommy Dreamer was gold.

My two favorite moments of her are the angles of Rick Steiner and creation of Doom. And then With Liz with Flair and that was just a bad ass group. She was great at pulling a reaction out of the crowd without going all out slut like some others seem to do.

Nancy was great with all the subtle facial expressions and mannerisms. She did a great job of making her presence felt during matches/interviews while not taking away any attention of her charge.

God bless her and her child.

Posts in the Benoit threads: 5000.

Posts in this thread: 5. Man, that's sad.

My favorite Nancy stuff was, probably like most people, when she was managing Sandman. Her acting like she was orgasming while Sandy was caning the shit out of Tommy Dreamer was gold.

To be fair it had been a long time since she was on TV on a regular basis. I think her last apperance was for the Benoit-Sullivan "Loser Leaves Town" match

Granted there are vintage ECW fans here as well as WCW early nWo era fans here (the time frame where she last worked) but for the most part it was "long ago" in some respects.

BTW, her, Pillman, Benoit, Henning, and Miss Elizabeth (both she and Woman came aboard as managers during the Benoit/Pillman time frame I believe), I believe are the only official Horsemen members no longer alive.

For those of you no familiar with Nancy Benoit aka Woman:

Back in '89, the Steiner Brothers were forming and got super over as a tag team. Rick Steiner fell in love with this nerdy girl in the crowd named Robin Green. The Steiners, who were already accompanied to the ring by Missy Hyatt and sometimes their pet pit bull Arnold, took Green under their wing.

Missy Hyatt then gave Green a "makeover" and low and behold, she was hot!

During a World Tag Team Title match against champions The Fabulous Freebirds, one of the Steiners got tripped on the outside and fell to the Freebird DDT, losing their big match. The camera man purposely didn't see who did the tripping. However, Missy Hyatt flipped and was all "SHE DID IT!" I'm pretty sure Green did it by mistake, but Missy in her face and the Steiners distrust of her caused her to go off the deep end, and find a tag team to take out Rick and Scott.

Enter: The team of DOOM.

Green, now called "Woman", took the masked Doom team to Halloween Havoc '89 against the easily favored Steiners. And after a rather not so good match, Doom pulled off the upset. Doom would be a big thorn in the Steiners' side in PPV matches, eventually taking their World Tag Team Titles after Woman left Doom for the Horsemen and Teddy Long began managing them in 1990.

So Woman was with Flair and the Horsemen now, but would only be with them for part of 1990 before leaving WCW altogether.

She'd go on to manage and recreate The Sandman, as well as his partner 2 Cold/Gold Scorpio in ECW. She would return to WCW in early 1996 as part of Randy Savage & Hulk Hogan's entourage of beautiful ladies at ringside, to play mindgames with Ric Flair. Eventually, she'd reunite with Flair just a month later, ironically during Chris Benoit's World Title match with Randy Savage on Nitro. From there, she really became specifically alligned with Benoit.

Debra McMichael, during an interview with the Horsemen on Nitro when they were playing up "dissention" between Anderson, Mongo, Woman, Benoit, and Flair.

"And I'll tell ya, Mean Gene. The real reason Woman has been acting so weird lately and not showing up to the arena for Horsemen matches? I think it's because of all the weight she put on during the holidays."

Debra then waves to the crowd as Arn and Flair stare at her wanting to kill her.

So Kevin Sullivan acts like he barely knows Benoit...err, alright.

Truth be told I pretty much stuck with WWF durring their assed years, so I don't have that many Woman memories or anything. Damn shame though

Woman O Woman, Wontcha Marry Me Now!!!

RIP Woman

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I used to love when he would say that, and he would just blurt it out out of left field, so it wouldn't make any sense.

I remember her with Doom, and she was extremely hot in CWF with Kevin Sullivan as "The Fallen Angel". If you have wwe 24/7 on demand then check out the CWF stuff when they put some stuff up. She was gorgeous.

"Remember Flair and Woman feuding with Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth?"

Eh, that technically only lasted like 2 weeks. Woman turned on Savage to join Flair on early Feb Nitro, and Liz joined Flair at Superbrawl that month.

A mixed tag between Savage/Liz and Flair/Woman would've made a ton of money at UnCensored.

For those of you no familiar with Nancy Benoit aka Woman:

Back in '89, the Steiner Brothers were forming and got super over as a tag team. Rick Steiner fell in love with this nerdy girl in the crowd named Robin Green. The Steiners, who were already accompanied to the ring by Missy Hyatt and sometimes their pet pit bull Arnold, took Green under their wing.

Missy Hyatt then gave Green a "makeover" and low and behold, she was hot!

During a World Tag Team Title match against champions The Fabulous Freebirds, one of the Steiners got tripped on the outside and fell to the Freebird DDT, losing their big match. The camera man purposely didn't see who did the tripping. However, Missy Hyatt flipped and was all "SHE DID IT!" I'm pretty sure Green did it by mistake, but Missy in her face and the Steiners distrust of her caused her to go off the deep end, and find a tag team to take out Rick and Scott.

Enter: The team of DOOM.

Green, now called "Woman", took the masked Doom team to Halloween Havoc '89 against the easily favored Steiners. And after a rather not so good match, Doom pulled off the upset. Doom would be a big thorn in the Steiners' side in PPV matches, eventually taking their World Tag Team Titles after Woman left Doom for the Horsemen and Teddy Long began managing them in 1990.

For anyone who missed this angle when it happened, it was fantastic.

the wholde dissention of the horseman angle was pretty funy and I have had fun reliving it on 24/7. debra dissing woman behind her back was classic.

Sadly I only remember Nancy from her wcw days of 96-97, thats all I got to see of her. I do remember everytime Mean Gene would interview the horseman with woman, she would constantly hit on Gene and tease him, rubbing his head and stuff untill he would kinda freak out. that was kinda funny

She was fun to watch @ the 96 BATC during Konan's US title match w/ Flair. The crowd really got behind her.

I also remember her catfights in WCW with Jacqueline at SuperBrawl 97 was also memorable.