TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Open the Muggy Gate

Let's talk about John Cena.

You're absolutely right. Nobody should get mad about someone else's opinion about something as goofy as wrestling. Sadly, people tend to get mad here all the time. ""You don't like Shelton Benjamin? Then you're a fucking racist! Go march in the parade, KKKomrade!" It's kinda par for the course around here.

(sigh) alas... ive seen that... racism of king booker is untolerable for me... i told osme little kid off for that.... stupid parents cant contain their kids...

His point is that he is lumping me in with people who get mad about opinions when it's actually in fact me being mad that Jingus is either denying or going to try to spin actual facts like Cena's drawing ability. However I crossed the line, and I do apologize Jingus. I have no right to be presumptous about your life. I will just stop arguing with you and chalk it up as differences of opinions and leave it at that.

His point is that he is lumping me in with people who get mad about opinions when it's actually in fact me being mad that Jingus is either denying or going to try to spin actual facts like Cena's drawing ability. However I crossed the line, and I do apologize Jingus. I have no right to be presumptous about your life. I will just stop arguing with you and chalk it up as differences of opinions and leave it at that.

Apology accepted. No problem. I'm shocked just by getting a straight-up apology on a message board. Attention, viewers: class. This is what it looks like.

The thing I don't get is the notion that Cena is drawing all these fans in. Who exactly is being drawn in? For the talk of him selling a bunch of merchandise, well, a top guy should be selling shirts and stuff like that anyway. He's hardly selling some record amount of shirts. I don't see people walking the streets wearing a Cena shirt or carrying a spinner belt.

Has Cena on top led to some huge upswing in business? Not really. Ratings surge? Treading water. PPV buyrates? Aside from shows like WM, they are overall declining domestically.

I think Cena is similar to Bob Backlund in that his title run has lasted entirely beyond the fans caring, even to the point where his feuds aren't even the focal point of the show. Hell, since Cena moved to Raw he's mostly played 2nd fiddle to the McMahons humiliating Jim Ross, Hogan/Michaels, DX vs. Rated RKO, Vince and Co. vs. Lashley, etc. This is why I find him main eventing WMs a bit curious considering half the time he's not even the flat out 100% main event on Raw.

The 7/9 edition of WWE Monday Night Raw drew a final 3.4 cable rating with a 5.6 share. The first hour drew a rather low 3.0 rating, while the second hour drew a 3.7 rating. This is a big drop from last week's 3.7 rating and is one of the lower ratings for Raw for a non-holiday edition of the show this year.

Seems the first show without Cena dragged RAW down and the hour with his segment @ Larry King drew much better rating.

I enjoy watching Cena pretty much any time he's on WWE programming. Whether it be doing an interview backstage or doing a promo or being in the ring, it's rare that I actually dislike what he does.

I've enjoyed every single one of his main event matches this year, and I've liked most of his TV stuff, even if it isn't quite on the same level.

I really think that he should drop the title soon. I think it's getting to the point where I just can't see anyone taking the title from him. Sure, that means the winner of the title would be a surprise, but for me, that'd be more of a "what the hell ?!?!" surprise.

I don't really like Cena, either to watch him wrestle or hear him talk. His in-ring is fine, but he does nothing that grabs my attention. His interviews, while delivered very well, are why the mute button was invented because the material is just god awful. Instead of something intense or simplistic that still gets the message across, he gets material filled with lame jokes and bad attempts at comedy than can only come from third rate sitcom writer who likes fart gags and gay 'jokes'. If people like him, great, and there are obviously a lot of them, but for me, Cena does nothing at all.

I wonder if Vis will force people to motorboat him

SOmeone tell me.... What do these kids see in Cena? He doesnt look like a role model and kids dress up like him like he was the ressurectiuon of Christ..

When I see the Bash at Wild WIngs... Im gonna ask kids what their fav Cena Match is... and why they love him so...

SOmeone tell me.... What do these kids see in Cena? He doesnt look like a role model and kids dress up like him like he was the ressurectiuon of Christ..

When I see the Bash at Wild WIngs... Im gonna ask kids what their fav Cena Match is... and why they love him so...

I really, really think that Cena could play an amazing heel. I really do. He's got the presence for it. It just seems so forced for him to be the baby face. It doesn't seem natural to me at all.

Guest shoryuken007

1. Why did you quote the Vis thing? It has nothing to do with your post.

2. Don't bother the kids when they're trying to have a good time. It's a dick move. They're children, let them like who they want.

2. Don't bother the kids when they're trying to have a good time. It's a dick move. They're children, let them like who they want.

just know that the kid cena fans don't know any better.

besides, he's facing bobby lashley

it's a lesser of two evils situation and that's why i want cena to win this time

The 7/9 edition of WWE Monday Night Raw drew a final 3.4 cable rating with a 5.6 share. The first hour drew a rather low 3.0 rating, while the second hour drew a 3.7 rating. This is a big drop from last week's 3.7 rating and is one of the lower ratings for Raw for a non-holiday edition of the show this year.

Seems the first show without Cena dragged RAW down and the hour with his segment @ Larry King drew much better rating.

Larry King's ratings dropped too...

Larry King's ratings dropped too...

From Raw or from King's normal rating?

Yeah, I liked the Ultimate Warrior at that age. They are children, they like what they are told.

As to the argument over whether or not Cena is selling merchandise, I would have to argue that he is.

I see Cena shirts all the time. Not just at wrestling shows, but at work, at the mall, in the park. At wrestling shows, I've seen people carrying spinner belts (including his old U.S. title). The only other wrestling merchandise I've even seen in the normal world lately has been DX shirts.