TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
At Home

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

various18_071112c-l.jpg

"Choose between graphics that are razor sharp or nice and smooth."

Interesting...

You know, King of Fighters and Guilty Gear have the same settings, sharp vs smooth.

However, I wonder if, since they sometimes treat us like morons, this means whether or not the game is in prog scan. I doubt that, because if you select a prog scan signal on a non-HD or non-ED TV, the screen would just blank out.

Most likely this is just like the Guilty Gear/KoF setting.

I was far more interested in the "rotation" setting. Very useful!

I hope this game tracks stats. W/L numbers, etc, at least at home.

The thing with Captain Falcon might be that they're keeping him (and Luigi and Ness and Jigglypuff) a secret since they were the original four secret characters, but on the other hand, Ness' return is iffy at best.

I understand the need to keep some things secret, but I hope Waluigi means a return to more substantial content now that most of the monotonous updates have been taken care of during this drought, though it's painfully obvious they've just been stalling for time and will probably need to do so again.

My concern with Ness is that if they put him in the game, why they didn't just give Lucas all new moves instead of ripping off Ness albeit with different standard moves and move effects. Which tells me he's out unless they were to give him some new moves. Whether or not shared specials but a different style and standard moves designate Lucas as a clone is up for debate anyway.

And God, that Ice Climbers music is the worst in the game.

Well to be fair, PK Fire, Thunder, and so on weren't Ness' moves in Earthbound, they were the girl's!

But I doubt we'll see Ness. And it seems they gave PK Storm as a Smash Attack anyhow.

The thing with Captain Falcon might be that they're keeping him (and Luigi and Ness and Jigglypuff) a secret since they were the original four secret characters, but on the other hand, Ness' return is iffy at best.

That's what I was thinking: that they're not publicizing the hidden characters just to have one more surprise once the game finally hits the stores.

I could care less about any hidden Pokemon characters (Pikachu is enough, thanks), but I'd like to see Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ness and maybe Falco as hidden characters. Perhaps Sonic's inclusion in the game will justify at least Tails and maybe Knuckles as super secret hidden fighters.

Phew. How did they come up with "farting biker" wario anyway?

I take it you've never played the WarioWare games.

The "Farting Biker" outfit, as you put it, is his regular outfit in the WarioWare series.

I've briefly played the Wii one but not over the top. I know he wears the outfit now, and has done in recent games. I was just wondering why the change from the old Yellow/ Purple.

I've briefly played the Wii one but not over the top. I know he wears the outfit now, and has done in recent games. I was just wondering why the change from the old Yellow/ Purple.

They never really explained in.

In the first game, Wario was first seen wearing his normal one...then when he went to buy his computer to start his game company, he switched to that outfit.

I guess it's more "business leader" than the overalls/hat. *Shrug*

I like Angel Island well enough, but I was hoping more for a song based on one of the many, many good themes from Sonic 2. Emerald Hill or Aquatic Ruin, maybe.

I like Angel Island well enough, but I was hoping more for a song based on one of the many, many good themes from Sonic 2. Emerald Hill or Aquatic Ruin, maybe.

There's still a chance one of those songs will be in the game.

Remember the CDs you have to collect in the game?