TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
At Home

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I was going to go to the tournament and buy the game at midnight, but since the city is under a Level freaking Two Snow Emergency, I'll pass. Gonna have to wait until Sunday to buy it, I guess.

Im going to go to Target at around 7 am. they open at 8 am, a full 3 hours ahead of when Best Buy (not opening at midnight here) opens and just like when I went there to get my Nintendo on launch day, theres not much chance of there being much of a line at target compared to Best Buy. And I'll drive right buy the people in line at Best Buy waving my copy at them just like I did on launch day.

HAHA.

Took home my copy from work tonight, gotta show up sometime today (Sunday) to get it checked out.

My Wii number should be under the Wii number post.

Im outside of target right now..Disapointed theres no one outside of BB to brag to but there is one woman sitting in an SUV outside Target. I only have 40 minutes to go..yeah..It'll be my luck Target wont have any copies for some dumb reason but anyway.

I picked it up from the local 24 hour Wal-Mart last night at midnight. They gave out numbers (without telling the people who showed up at 11:45 and mindlessly wandered the electronics department). I got #30 but one of the cashiers was nice enough to tell me and a few other people by me that two lanes would be open, so I ended up being 3rd in line at the station that 20 others didn't realize was open. Good turn out for a game I assumed anyone who would go shopping at 12am would have just pre-ordered elsewhere (except me, who made an impulse buy).

I love Sub-Space... it's so fun to see random Nintendo characters meet up. The game succeeds greatly on being a Nintendo Museum.

You guys are dicks. Stop playing this game! I WANNA PLAY!!

I'm considering getting a Freeloader (a new one for Wii has come out) just so I can get Smash Bros.

update..Target only got 5 copies total, and about 5 minutes the before opening 3 people got in line behind me.

LOL

anyway the opening intro is awesome, especially the music.

FC: 5069-3587-7340

This goes in the Wii numbers thread.

One annoying thing so far is that I cant connect to a random opponent..blah!

Ike's my favorite character so far, King Deedee is the worst.

Its also wierd doing anything online with a Wavebird, which by the way is the greatest thing Nintendo could have done (allowed the Gamecube controllers) as one of the default setups

I might switch to a GC controller just to have an actual jump button - I don't like hitting up to jump in the Subspace levels (of course I could use the chuck and hit the Z button but I really like the chuckless sideways feel of the Wii remote).

I am not a fan of Pit's Up+B unless you really get hit hard off screen and need something amazing to save yourself. The only redeeming quality I have found for it is to use it, get to the top of the screen, Z to cancel and then fall into a Down+A attack. Kirby is also good with this, except all you have to do with him is pump jump which is much easier to pull off in a pinch.

Getting the disc read error cause my brother modded the Wii :(

Well, you're out of luck, but if you didnt mod yours and you get the error, nintendo is fixing them for free cause they're nice people.

and I cant do random brawls either..must be a bigger problem than just me.

I have made a bunch of coins on spectator mode betting though..

Luigi is much, much more fun to play in this game than in Melee or 64. His taunts and his Final Smash are amazing.

Bang bang~!

Besides him, I'm having a lot of fun with Dedede, Olimar and Lucas, who I find waaaaaaay better than Ness.

For those of you (including me) who don't like the lag during WiFi:

Nintendo's servers are swamped (this is also responsible for your 85010 disconnect errors). Give it some time; things will get better.

Pit and Meta-Knight are quite enjoyable. Almost makes me wish I had a Wii.

You'll be happy to know that I unlocked Snake from the Subspace mode, and (somehow) unlocked Sonic while playing with some of my roommates friends.

I haven't really used Sonic at all, but I used snake in single player. He plays oddly, he has no down smash, he just lays a claymore mine. His tossed grenade seems spotty, although its possible that it explodes on contact, I dunno. The remote rocket seems very nice but I cant' find out how to get out of it without hitting something... His up special seems quite good, although he is a large target...

Ike is still my player of choice. Man do I love his slashes.

Guest Smues

Like the creature of habit that I am I've stuck mostly with Link. I like that they added the tornado to the boomerang.

Yeah I messed around with him a bit.

I still get fucked up by laid claymores in a 4 person brawl with a small stage.

Further more the C4 ability is so sweet.

I still like Ike, though.

Just beat Subspace Emmisary mode. Man, that maze was a chore! But Tabuu was awesome!

I got stuck in a black screen on the Subspace thing as Fox and had to exit..I was in a little room but I couldnt move out of it and everything was black.

I got out of it. Just hit the switch to light up the room.