TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angle-plex

Beards

This thread is to discuss the merit of beards. Do you enjoy beards like any real man would? What are you favorite beards? Feel free to post pics.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I wore a traditional jesus-type beard for a while. I cut it when I came home from college and realized that I looked exactly like my dad, who has had a large gray beard my entire life.

After recently getting fired from my retail job for which I had to shave, I'm growing a beard. It's about half way in.

I've worn many different styles of facial hair over the years. I think this time I'm going to go back to the Lemmy style handlebar, sideburns combo, but I'm just growing the full beard in first and shaving it from there.

I've sported the classic Van Dyke, commonly and mistakenly just called A Goatee for a couple of years now. I've also grown out my full beard, but I like the way I look with the Van Dyke better.

Guest Vitamin X

I go with just a simple goatee and long sideburns, since it's a bit less work when I have to shave.

The scraggly beard thing isn't my style, plus it itches way too much because my hair is naturally curvy/wavy so it tends to get all reddish on the skin when it starts to grow as well. So, I'd rather shave. I refuse to grow a van dyke because my dad had a mustache and I once got a comment that I looked like him with the mustache hair grown out. I have since never had it.

I haven't been clean shaven since I was 19, and I've gone through every major variety of facial hair, including regular goatee (which I've had about 75% of that time), full beard (24%), moustache (which I tried once and didn't like) and moustache-less goatee (same as moustache)

I shave once in a while, but usually let it grow. I'm getting a haircut sometime this week and I figure I should shave it then.

I favour leaving my sideburns and shaving the rest off, although I am constantly bugged to shave them off as well if I do not.

I went that route the last time this thread subject came up, but thought better not to dip in the well a second time

Despite the fact that I can't grow a decent beard, I've opted to just not bother shaving. So I've got a goatee, mustache, and long thin sideburns, but nothing quite connects as of yet.

Except for the span of of about two weeks in the winter of '05, I've had at least a goatee since I was old enough to grow one. I typically have a chinstrap along with it, except I'm a terrible shaver, so I'll try to clean it up, overdo it, and have to shave everything off. Ditto with having a full beard.

I have worked at the same place you work, and they made everyone shave.

The bosses don't get on me to shave though, its always the girls. I've gone like a week without shaving once and the owner didn't give two shits (and my facial hair grows REAL quick).