TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion for July 2007

I don't think we'll see them repackage Eugene, even with the Benoit situation. He's a reliable opening match act that gets the crowd going, who is occasionally squashed to get over a monster. They're comfortable with him in that role and unless either WWE or Dinsmore really push for it, I don't see Eugene changing. Besides, it's like Jingus said; he's the modern day Red Rooster. Even if there is a post-Eugene character for Dinsmore, the Eugene gimmick will always overshadow it.

Well, it's the same with a few gimmicks the last few years, the remaining Spirit Squad members on the roster will have a challenge, especially Kenny.

But Kenny has time on his side.

I dunno, I think that if Johnny Jeter, for example, was called up, nobody would remember as being in the Spirit Squad unless they bought it up, or were smarks.

All they need to do with Kenny is to change his name to Ken, and the link is gone.

Kenny was really the only guy from the SS that ever stuck out as an individual. I don't think the rest of the group will suffer from a SS stigma.

I dunno, I think that if Johnny Jeter, for example, was called up, nobody would remember as being in the Spirit Squad unless they bought it up, or were smarks.

All they need to do with Kenny is to change his name to Ken, and the link is gone.

Actually, watching OVW now I didn't realize Jeter was Johnny from SS. So, yeah, they're not doomed, if repackaged correctly.

Dinsmore was never a part of WCW.

It's reverse with me, actually. When I saw Eugene, I see Dinsmore pretending to be a mentally handicapped moron who emulates his favorite wrestlers. So, if he reverted back to Dinsmore, I'd see him as that.

It was interesting to read an AP article (via the Wii) about Bret Hart that had nothing at all to do with Benoit. Just mentioning he's a proud Canadian that turns 50 tomorrow.

I'm still wanting them to pull the Flowers for Algernon angle with Eugene where he gets de-tarded and turns into an arogent prick.

Bash at the Beach? Is WWE even doing that ppv or are you being sarcastic about Summerslam?

Guest shoryuken007

How many people has Matt Hardy beaten in singles matches recently? Cade, Finlay, Regal...who else? I know he beat Kennedy a few months back. My buddy and I were theorizing that maybe this is leading to a bigger singles push?

Bash at the Beach? Is WWE even doing that ppv or are you being sarcastic about Summerslam?

I think he means Gerat American Bash.

As to Hardy, yeah, that's what all the backstage reports have been saying for like the past two weeks.

How many people has Matt Hardy beaten in singles matches recently? Cade, Finlay, Regal...who else? I know he beat Kennedy a few months back. My buddy and I were theorizing that maybe this is leading to a bigger singles push?

The recent word on Matt Hardy is that they were going to build him up as sort of an upper-card person where he beats all the mid-carders, but loses to all the main eventers.

Near the end of Rey Mysterio's run before being sidelined, he modified his finisher from a springboard hurricanrana to a springboard BUTT splash thing. Was that because Rey was so knackered he could do the full move anymore, or because the big heavyweights couldn't do the bump right?

Both, probably. Rey's body is ridiculously banged up, especially his Terry Funk-like knees. And lots of the really big guys couldn't take a clean flip bump if they had snipers in the balconey waiting to cap them if they failed.

The recent word on Matt Hardy is that they were going to build him up as sort of an upper-card person where he beats all the mid-carders, but loses to all the main eventers.

That really sounds like the stupidest plan in the world. So he'll be the upper card person that everyone knows will fail miserably when against real tough competition? So what the heck is the point of it? It's not even really a push then since all he will become is king of the losers.

Why don't they give Hardy the US title. Or at least have him feud with MVP.

That really sounds like the stupidest plan in the world. So he'll be the upper card person that everyone knows will fail miserably when against real tough competition? So what the heck is the point of it? It's not even really a push then since all he will become is king of the losers.

It's not like that isn't the norm in WWE. Piper, Mr. Perfect, Razor, Owen, Davey Boy, etc,. have all been used this way.

Sounds like Matt Hardy's going to be pushed as an upper mid-carder. Basically, he'll go over most of the roster and be constantly pushed but never a real threat to be "the guy." That way the old and new main eventers will have someone to work with before or after their run at the top. Also can be used in a pinch for main events.

It's a great position for him to be in. The upper mid-carder is something of a lost art in the new WWE.

Sounds like he'd be in the Jake Roberts spot. Which isn't a bad spot to be in, plus they might give him a miracle World Title win down the road, and that would be nice.

It's not like that isn't the norm in WWE. Piper, Mr. Perfect, Razor, Owen, Davey Boy, etc,. have all been used this way.

Huh? You're right about the others, but I think I can count on one hand the number of times Piper got pinned in the old WWF.

Huh? You're right about the others, but I think I can count on one hand the number of times Piper got pinned in the old WWF.

Really? I'm pretty sure he has lost at least 5 times to Hogan alone.

Wannabe divas latest myspace blog from July 2nd:

WWE Wrestling

*Why I think I will make a good wrestler!!!

I'm a former gymnast fitness instructor and trampolinist and love training down the gym 5-6 times a week, I'm a very bubbly person with a big personality and love for life. I love a challenge, being bossy, I don't take no sh*t and I like to get my hands dirty and be hands on involved.(at least i'm being honest about the "I like being bossy" bit. lol)

I'm totally inspired by a lot of the Diva's style and personality's I'm intrigued watching all there wrestling performances (Throwing other divas about, the somersaults , splits and even the acting), I can do all this, lol. I'm fascinated and now would love to learn and give it a try.

My inspiration lies with Ashley, Christie, Trish, Victoria and Torrie.

I met Hulk Hogen recently in Miami and I asked him several questions on wrestling, fitness and nutrition. He's a legend... I have total respect for him.

Just waiting for my turn, I have new pics on here which I added today and you can see my new fitness body, I've trained hard the past 6 months and I've managed to lose weight of my muscles and tone up all over and completely change the shape of my body to a more fitness look...

Louise Glover. x