TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion for July 2007

Now isn't that just so sweet?

PWI

"The New York Post is reporting today that Hogan has signed on to be the spokesperson for "The Official Uniting Towel Wave of America". Hogan's idea is to get famous people who are feuding, such as Rush Limbaugh & Bill Maher, Rosie O'Donnell & Elizabeth Hasselbeck, to make up and wave a towel next July 4th"

PWI

"The New York Post is reporting today that Hogan has signed on to be the spokesperson for "The Official Uniting Towel Wave of America". Hogan's idea is to get famous people who are feuding, such as Rush Limbaugh & Bill Maher, Rosie O'Donnell & Elizabeth Hasselbeck, to make up and wave a towel next July 4th"

"Israel... Palestine... pick up those towels brothers."

Man, such a great visual image of Hogan flying around and ending feuds. This needs to be a sitcom.

Guest shrevedude

Results of "Who is the best worker on WWE" poll

Total votes: 113 (this was done on several boards)

1. Shawn Michaels: 26.5% (30 votes)

2. John Cena: 13.2% (15 votes)

3. Edge: 11.5% (13 votes)

4. Triple H 10.6% (12 votes)

5. William Regal 8% (9 votes)

6. Rey Mysterio, Finlay (tie) 5.3% (6 votes each)

7. Matt Hardy 4.4% (5 votes)

8. Ric Flair 2.7% (3 votes)

Other: 17.8% (votes for C.M. Punk, Jeff Hardy, Bobby Lashley, Randy Orton, Shelton Benjamin, Val Venis, Daivari, Funaki, and Paul London)

PWI

Does that mean Hogan and Savage will be waving towels at eachother? ;)

Today is the 20-year anniversary of the very first 2-ring War Games match. It took place on July 4th, 1987 at The Omni in Atlanta, GA. In the match, Dusty Rhodes, Nikita Koloff, The Road Warriors, & Paul Ellering defeated Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Lex Luger, & J.J. Dillon.

Today is the 20-year anniversary of the very first 2-ring War Games match. It took place on July 4th, 1987 at The Omni in Atlanta, GA. In the match, Dusty Rhodes, Nikita Koloff, The Road Warriors, & Paul Ellering defeated Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Lex Luger, & J.J. Dillon.

That match is on the Horsemen DVD, correct?

Lashley * (he gets an * because I'm not sure what he would be like as a heel)

There is no way in hell Lashley could be a good heel. He's too bulky to ever portray a cowardly heel, and he doesn't have the angry intensity to work as a monster heel. And either way he doesn't have the mic skills, which are much more important for heels.

Maybe a heelish version of the Cowardly Lion?

There are other styles of heels. For example, Eddie always played the Rudo-dick heel. And Lashley could play the 21st century Sarge heel. But have him just destory people in the way Lesnar did when he first started on RAW back in 02. Matches have finishes of Refs stopping the matches due to the other guy in no condition to continue. In about 3 months he has more than enough heat for Cena's 2 month title feud special. With the last man standing match added to make it 4 of those matches used this year alone.

Results of "Who is the best worker on WWE" poll

Total votes: 113 (this was done on several boards)

1. Shawn Michaels: 26.5% (30 votes)

2. John Cena: 13.2% (15 votes)

3. Edge: 11.5% (13 votes)

4. Triple H 10.6% (12 votes)

5. William Regal 8% (9 votes)

6. Rey Mysterio, Finlay (tie) 5.3% (6 votes each)

7. Matt Hardy 4.4% (5 votes)

8. Ric Flair 2.7% (3 votes)

Other: 17.8% (votes for C.M. Punk, Jeff Hardy, Bobby Lashley, Randy Orton, Shelton Benjamin, Val Venis, Daivari, Funaki, and Paul London)

*insert obvious joke*

He was a manager til recently, people still see him that way, wait til he gets some more singles losses under his belt til you reclassify him as such.

He was a manager til recently, people still see him that way, wait til he gets some more singles losses under his belt til you reclassify him as such.

No I saw him as a failed manager (by having him yanked off managing Khali too soon) and a jobber.

PWI

Someone should ask him that. But I'm guessing his answer would be "do what I say, not what I do"

PWI

WTF?

"I ain't mad at 'cha bro"

<insert waving of towel here>

WO.com update:

"If John Cena holds the WWE title through 9/18, and before the Benoit thing went down, the plans were not for that to happen, he would be the first world heavyweight champion in company history to go 365 days since Randy Savage in the 80s"

On that topic, I believe 11 days ago he passed his first title reign's length.

WO.com update:

"If John Cena holds the WWE title through 9/18, and before the Benoit thing went down, the plans were not for that to happen, he would be the first world heavyweight champion in company history to go 365 days since Randy Savage in the 80s"

How does Benoit's death have any effect on Cena's title reign?

In the long run it might have none, but there must be a lot of re-writing of various ideas (mainly whatever was going to be going on with McMahon 'dead') going on which could end up effecting the reign. Maybe where they once thought Orton winning the title at SummerSlam was a great idea, they now have a major plan that involves Cena keeping the belt.

Really though, I think he just meant "who knows what the hell is going on right now".

I was gonna do a thread on this, but it really doesn't warrant it.

What are peoples views on Johnny Nitro?

In my eyes, he's got a great look and great moveset, but the guy just doesn't convince me as a wrestler. His transition between moves id diabolical.

Hopefully a long feud with Punk may help, but he just doesn't seem to be getting anywhere with it over the last year and is getting more and more exposed.

I like him and can see good potential, I'm sure alot of it has to do with confidence. Over the last year, he's been pushed then depushed for one reason or another, usually not directly his fault (Melina/Mercury). I'm enjoying his ECW run, he seems to have taken it as a sign to step up and prove himself, if he can move away from being a Spot Monkey of sorts, maybes take note of Shawn Michaels early work, he could be a Main Eventer for years to come.

WO.com update:

Wait, didn't Nash go over a year?

On the latest Figure Four Daily, Lucha expert Steve Sims said that Rey's involvement in the upcoming WWE run in Mexico is being used to test out how he's knees can hold up to being in the ring, so WWE know how much Rey can do and can then plan an appropriate push.