TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Urban Warfare

NCAA Football 08

Hook & ladder, statue of liberty yes.

Troy, yes, Troy State not that I've seen.

And when will we get back all the special teams trick plays & Reverse Camera "Block that kick!" camera? I loved that fucking thing.

Oh yeah, I forgot. They took out the state after I left.

Cool...I didn't get the game the last two years so this might be a buy for me in about 2 months when I can get it for 20 bucks off ebay.

They were going down all the time on release....I haven't noticed them go down since, although I keep getting the exact same ESPN radio report for 2 hours at a time, which is great fun when I hear the Mets are in the bottom of the third, flip over to SNY and the game's over.

Yes, how badly?

And on a topic-related note, you have not lived until you've upset the #3 team in the nation. You also haven't lived until you've blown a 20-10 lead due to the happy turnover system and end up losing 52-20.

Yeah, I love it when I throw a nice long bomb to one of my top receivers, only to have him fumble the ball because according to Corso, he's a playmaker trying to do too much or some shit like that.

Are the dynasty quirks fixed yet? I'm still playing '07 and the thing that annoys me most is that there are never enough upsets so you end up with like 4 undefeated teams and 10 one-loss teams every season. The fact that no one ever schedules a real team the first week of the season and you end up with something like Texas vs. Tulsa as the game of the week is mildly annoying too.

I used to always schedule the number one, two, three, four and five teams all in a row at the start of the season. I would beat then all, the other would move up to number one and beat them. So basically i would beat the number one team in the nation 5 weeks straight....

And i end up ranked 17.

Ehh... somehow in the first year of my campus legend, Hawaii wound up making it to the Rose Bowl to play against my Longhorns. Nat'l Title game that year was Michigan VS USC.

So far, can't really say who's where in my dynasty since I started it off with the University of Houston and don't bother looking at the rankings because I know I'm not even in the top 25.

I used to always schedule the number one, two, three, four and five teams all in a row at the start of the season. I would beat then all, the other would move up to number one and beat them. So basically i would beat the number one team in the nation 5 weeks straight....

And i end up ranked 17.

Yeah that always pissed me off. I'd work up to a powerhouse level program and then schedule a brutal schedule with everyone from the top 5 and a Big 12 or SEC schedule, go undefeated and I'd wind up #2 behind USC.

If you don't dominate your conference, then you aren't going to get a high seed.

Even if you do, the game just punks you out of it. Boise State just went 12-0, went into bowl week ranked #7. They beat FSU in a BCS bowl and went up to #3. Cut to the beginning of season 2, and FSU is now sitting in the #3 slot while Boise State's down to #18.

Of course, it doesn't help that #19 Hawaii is the only ranked team in BSU's schedule, but come on now.

So right now, U-H is 8-0.

Right off the bat we get challenged with an away at The Zoo. Game was close until UH was able to make a few key defensive stops and a nice play-action pass to pull away with the win.

A few easy games until we headed out to Notre Dame. Close until the 4th and again, UH comes out with the win.

As it stands, we're #22 in the nation but no where near any talk of a BCS game. Early recruiting of a few key 4* guys and close to 10 guys committed so far as kept us at the #2 class in the nation so far. However, the "create-a-recruit" I made at the start of dynasty (6-4, 220lb QB out of South Houston) has found his way to Texas.

So yeah, so far its a good game and I'm enjoying it. Just a few small glitches of naming the wrong QB when giving me stats about a drive and how at times, the PBP is a second or two behind the play on the field.

PS: I'm loving the UT themed NCAA commercial with seemingly the entire team just lighting up Adrian Peterson while "The Eyes of Texas" plays in the background.

I do love the ads for the game. There's gonna be a Ohio State one probably against Florida.

Maybe it was being in the Big Ten, getting the number one seed was fairly easy. (Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State).

It depends on the conference you play in. If you are in the PAC, WAC, Sun Belt and C-USA their division are fairly weak. If your conference is weak, then don't expect to get a high seed.

I rented AllPro and boy, does it suck.

I wouldn't say it's terrible, but it is not as fun as NFL 2K5 for me. I hate the kicking and I haven't figured out the whole speed burst thing.

However, I have only played one game (just a little while ago) and my friend who owns the game left it here for me to play til Friday, so I will give it more time and maybe my opinion will change. i really *want* to like the game.

Special bulletin: "Lee Jennings" (the guy who's in the UT/OU commercials) is not his real name. Furthermore, he graduated from Baylor, not Texas.

Got dammit! What the fuck man... what.. the... fuck...

Is Vince too busy to do a commercial? Michael Phelps... hell, why not Major Applewhite...?

Edit: Was McConaughey too high to do the shoot?

A few of the Bowl games after my first year at Houston:

BCS Title Game: Louisville (2) VS Auburn (1)

Orange Bowl: Maryland (25) VS Texas AnM (6)

Fiesta Bowl: Nebraska (7) VS Virginia Tech (9)

Sugar Bowl: Houston (3) VS Arkansas (11)

Rose Bowl: Michigan (5) VS USC (4)

Cotton Bowl: LSU (14) VS Oklahoma (10)

As far as awards, Houston picked up: Lombardi, Thorpe, and Coach of the Year

I actually played 3 more games last night, starting a season. I got the kicking motion down pretty well.

I really like the game, but I'm not sure that I can justify spending $60 on it, especially with Madden coming out and the fact that I still do not own Forza. Also, I will likely finish a season before returning the game on Friday, and I haven't been able to get Live to work since I moved and switched ISPs in February.

One neat little thing, though- I was surprised to see Moreno Valley included in the list of selectable cities. Even stranger was that my hometown of Springfield wasn't, despite it being Illinois' capital and a city in 12 or so states.

Bowl Results:

BCS Title Game: Auburn beat Louisville 42-39

Sugar Bowl: Houston beat Arkansas 45-20

Rose Bowl: USC beat Michigan 52-28

Fiesta Bowl: Nebraska beat Va Tech 17-13

Orange Bowl: Maryland beat Texas AnM 42-17

Cotton Bowl: LSU beat Oklahoma 38-37

GMAC Bowl: Rice beat Toledo 24-17

International Bowl: West Virginia beat Ohio 33-24

Gator Bowl: Clemson beat Pitt 28-13

Capital One Bowl: Wisconsin beat Tennessee 28-14

Outback Bowl: South Carolina beat Iowa 20-14

PetroSun Independence Bowl: Temple beat Air Force 34-28

Insight Bowl: Northwestern beat Iowa State 39-15

Chick fil-A Bowl: Miami beat Alabama 27-20

Music City Bowl: Florida beat Georgia Tech 27-24

Brut Sun Bowl: Rutgers beat Washington 28-16

Armed Forces Bowl: UNLV beat Arizona 24-14

MPC Computers Bowl: NC State beat Purdue 24-14

Alamo Bowl: San Diego State beat Illinois 41-32

AutoZone Liberty Bowl: UTEP beat Penn State 15-12

Meineke Car Care Bowl: Wake Forest beat Cincinnati 35-10

Emerald Bowl: Oklahoma State beat Boston College 35-15

Texas Bowl: Boise State beat Southern Miss 14-7

Champs Sports Bowl: Florida State beat Ohio State 48-14

Holiday Bowl: Texas beat UCLA 37-17

Motor City Bowl: Ball State beat Florida Atlantic 29-10

Hawaii Bowl: Hawaii beat UCF 42-14

Las Vegas Bowl: Arizona State beat Colorado State 38-17

New Mexico Bowl: TCU beat Indiana 42-17

Papajohns.com Bowl: Fresno State beat UAB: 29-13

New Orleans Bowl: North Texas beat SMU 14-7

Poinsettia Bowl: Utah beat Tulsa 27-13

Now, despite taking Houston to an undefeated record and winning the Sugar Bowl they've only gone up to a 3 star program. Having re-upped to a six year contract, the goal is to build the school up to rival at least AnM in popularity and to maybe get Houston into a BCS conference. If not well, fuck it.. I'll pull a Saban and after one or two more years just cut and run to some other program.

I still don't see why people start playing the game at a skill level where they can just go undefeated. That would be zero fun for me. On my '07 dynasty, I started on Heisman at Georgia Tech and barely kept my job the first few years. I didn't make the ACC championship until my 7th season, and then when I went 13-1 and finished #2 in my 8th season, I got bored with having more talent on my roster than anyone else in the country and left to go to Nebraska.

Now I'm in my 5th season at Nebraska and while I did win a Big 12 title, my best record there is only 11-3. If I ever do win a national championship on Heisman, I'd probably just quit playing for a while and then when I really got the itch, I'd just rebuild some program like Idaho where I'd still have the full challenge.

I was playing on All-American, but I couldn't stop the perpetual cycle of "Run the ball, you fumble too much...pass the ball you get sacked, maybe fumble, maybe punt...fall behind 21 in the first half, have to throw perpetually (remember what passing leads to? sacks, fumbles & punts!)..." no matter how much I fucked with the sliders. It got to the point where I was throwing perfectly accurate INTs, so I knocked it down to Varsity.

I'm still battling sliders....but to me, in the short term anyway, it's a lot more fun to "cruise" to a ridiculously overrated W-L record than to continually lose games in the exact same manner (turnovers lead to deficit lead to having to throw all the time leads to constant blitzing, blitzes lead to sacks (which lead to fumbles) or INTs, sacks + INTs lead to Super Sim - End of Game because I can't be arsed to play the second half when I've got 3 INTs, 2 fumbles and a 30 point deficit staring me in the face).