TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
OldSchoolWrestling

OAO Raw Thread - July 2, 2007

Raw returns to its regular time of 9/8 CT on USA Network as the flagship emanates from the American Airlines Center in Dallas.

Big news from the desk of Executive Assistant Jonathan Coachman: He has scheduled a Vengeance: Night of Champions rematch for Raw, as Intercontinental Champion Santino Marella will again face the Samoan Bulldozer, Umaga.

Their match at Vengeance was stopped by the referee, as Umaga brutalized the Milan Miracle and was disqualified for ignoring the referee's five-count. The beating continued post-match, as the super-heavyweight crushed the ribs of the champion with a splash from the top rope.

Will Marella manage to rebound and keep the miracle alive Monday night, or will Umaga once again wear Intercontinental gold? Tune in at 9/8 CT on USA Network to find out.

Bland-ino Marella better eat a Spike tonight. That's all.

I still think they should've waited and done a "blow-out hairstyle, metro Italian club guy" gimmick to piss off the fans. But I guess "sloppy MMA-style midget" works.

Bland-ino Marella better eat a Spike tonight. That's all.

I still think they should've waited and done a "blow-out hairstyle, metro Italian club guy" gimmick to piss off the fans. But I guess "sloppy MMA-style midget" works.

that or...throw him with Nunzio to make another FBI

or

BORIS

The Great American Bash is in 3 weeks. They lost a week so they really need to get into gear and start some feuds.

Santino is better then we are giving him credit for, he's basically an underdog who is still "training" but hey hes got Maria so hes good in my book

I hope they're not asking us to swallow a Morella/Umaga feud. Umaga took John Cena to the limit, and now he's going to trade wins w/ Santino? That doesn't do any favors for Umaga (or Cena, for that matter).

With the release of the Umaga T-Shirt on Shopzone and subsequent Umaga babyface heat/Marella suck heat, I do not see Marella lasting more than 5 minutes tonight.

So what do you guys think we have for the Bash?

Obvious: U.S. Title - MVP Vs. Kane

Obvious: ECW World Title - Johnny Nitro Vs. CM Punk

Likely: WWE Title - John Cena Vs. King Booker

Likely: Lashley Vs. Randy Orton

Likely: World Tag Team Titles - Cade & Murdoch Vs. Kendrick & London

Likely: Women's Title - Candice Michelle Vs. Melina Vs. Mickie James Vs. Jillian Hall

No idea where they're going with Edge. I am going to predict something wacky, like Matt & Jeff Hardy Vs. Batista and Edge. With the storyline being Batista sneakily becoming Edge's partner and dropping hints that it would be a "real shame" if Edge's old enemies hurt him and he had to drop the belt.

Shit, there you go. Matt pins Edge. But with help from Batista.

Duece & Domino likely won't see a PPV payday in July, as the Redneck Mafia are having good matches and two tag title matches is too many.

I'll admit, I marked out when Santino won the titel, just because I enjoy those sorts of things. But for all the good things I heard about Alexiev when he was in OVW, I have to say that Santino is one of the few guys on any of the 3 brands I just can't stand to watch. I just want him off my TV. I'm not sure whether it would be best to release him or send him down to Heat/OVW.

No idea where they're going with Edge. I am going to predict something wacky, like Matt & Jeff Hardy Vs. Batista and Edge. With the storyline being Batista sneakily becoming Edge's partner and dropping hints that it would be a "real shame" if Edge's old enemies hurt him and he had to drop the belt.

Shit, there you go. Matt pins Edge. But with help from Batista.

Duece & Domino likely won't see a PPV payday in July, as the Redneck Mafia are having good matches and two tag title matches is too many.

I'm thinking the Hardy's will face them and Edge will be in a triple threat match against Batista and someone else. That way they can claim Batista can never get a one on one rematch.

Cena-Lashley seems to be something they could have saved for Summerslam. I figured we'd more likely see a tag match with Cena/Lashley against Orton and Booker to set that up at the Bash.

Those Triple H desire video's should be popping up any week now.

When is his expected return date?

For the record, I miss the days when the IC title actually meant something. Its pretty much a forgotten and worthless title at this point. Now more than ever with it being on this santino guy.

I remember Summerslam being reported as Triple H's PPV return. Matter of fact, August 13th, Raw is at MSG. The site of Triple H's last quad return.

I remember Summerslam being reported as Triple H's PPV return. Matter of fact, August 13th, Raw is at MSG. The site of Triple H's last quad return.

That sounds about the right time to come back. Set up a quickie feud with someone like Booker to give him a match at Slam and start the build to Orton/HHH.

Cena-Lashley seems to be something they could have saved for Summerslam. I figured we'd more likely see a tag match with Cena/Lashley against Orton and Booker to set that up at the Bash.

Cena/Lashley seems like a WM feud to me, but I know WWE can't wait that long. Yet Taz and Sabu was teased for a year w/o them even touching ech other.

With Nitro/Punk being a not yet over REMATCH and Edge likely working a tag or having a not quite hot opponent, Lashley/Cena seems rather likely, actually, as the big sell for the Bash.

(BTW, just for some pre-show talk...)

Tomorrow on ECW

Punk Vs. Nitro's Choice

Nitro Vs. Punk's Choice

I think we get Viscera Vs. Punk and Jeff Hardy Vs. Nitro.

The WWE ad here on USA is acting like this is basically the Monday after Vengeance.