TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

ECW/Smackdown spoilers

ECW is being taped first. The show is opening with Johnny Nitro vs. Tommy Dreamer. Nitro won the match with his new finisher.

Next up is CM Punk vs. Kevin Thorn. Punk won with the Oklahoma Roll. After the match, Nitro came out and teased that he was going to get in the ring but did not.

That's all for ECW. Smackdown is about to begin.

Friday's Smackdown opened with MVP vs. Matt Hardy. Hardy won a non-title match with the Twist Of Fate.

Backstage, Edge told Teddy Long that he didn't want to compete tonight. Long told him that was OK with that but he would have a guest for him tonight in this week's episode of The Cutting Edge.

Chris Masters beat Jimmy Wang Yang with The Masterlock. After The Great Khali came out and beat up Yang and issued an open challenge for the Bash.

The Major Brothers beat local guys, Mike Foxx and Jeremy Young.

Next up is Ric Flair vs. Finlay. Finlay beat Flair when Finlay hit Flair with the shilleleigh. He then made Flair tap to the Figure Four.

Victoria then interrupted Torrie Wilson's photo shoot and attacked her.

Khali was in the back and then attacked a stage hand after asking him if he wanted to accept his challenge at the Bash.

Chuck Palumbo beat Kenny Dykstra in a boring match that went way too long.

Deuce was wrestling Eugene when Khali came out and attacked them both. They asked if there was anyone brave enough to accept his challenge when Batista cam e out. They stared each other down and them Khali left.

It's time now for four The Cutting Edge. They must have handed out "Edge Sucks" signs because everyone in the front row has them and they are all the same. The guest on the segment is Kane. Edge sucked up to him, stating all of Kane's accomplishments. Then, he mentioned his own. Edge tried to end the interview there but Kane attacked him. Edge then said he would never step foot in the ring with Kane again. Teddy Long came out and said that at The Bash it will be Edge vs. Kane for the title.

That's it from Smackdown!

2 matches only for ECW? That's getting to be a routine and I'm all for it since they usually get 10-15 minutes each. I'd expect a couple skits inserted into the show.

Kane-Edge is never a good match but anything other then Batista is good step forward with Edge. We're about to see the big difference with Batista and Cena when Batista is asked to do something with Khali.

Palumbo finally makes the main show, after seemingly forever on heat/dark matches.

The Knoble streak ends. It was a good run. See you in 2008, Jamie.

kane?????

i don't think he's gonna win this time, but it's worth making him more credible.

for all he's done in his career, he deserves to hold a world title for more than 24 hours when it's all said and done

but it's not gonna happen for him vs. edge

I'm thinking that they are going to do Matt Hardy vs. MVP for the U.S. title at the GAB (not too sure about this one) as well as Khali/Batista and Flair/Finley

Overall, Smackdown sounds like a pretty good show this week.

Oh god, Kane gets his once a year lame duck title shot. I know it's just the garbage heap PPV known as the Great American Bash, but still. Kane is seemingly always the guy they throw in there to waste time when the main feud can't go anywhere (Edge/Batista) and there's no new decent idea.

ECW is only getting two matches? 20 mintues each?

How the hell is Khali and Batista going to work? Khali needs someone to carry him to a decent match, and Batista only has a power game which Khali's size negates right away. I don't see this match having a clean finish

Well it's nice to see Kane getting that token title push he so often gets. But it seems weird, because I can never remember the last time I saw Kane win a match.

Oh, and I'm really jealous of Spaceman Spiffs avatar.

Pretty craptacular shows right there.

Only highpoint is obviously, Finlay/Flair.

What is Nitro using as his finish now?

Also, if the ECW matches are supposed to be Pick Your Posion matches, what is the logic behind the picks? Dreamer/Nitro, Thorn/Punk. It's not either pairing has any real history together, other than Punk/New Breed stuff but that was more Cor Von and Burke.

Also, if the ECW matches are supposed to be Pick Your Posion matches, what is the logic behind the picks? Dreamer/Nitro, Thorn/Punk. It's not either pairing has any real history together, other than Punk/New Breed stuff but that was more Cor Von and Burke.

They call it a corkscrew neckbreaker. It's sort of a standing blockbuster.

Since when were the ECW matches pick your poison?

But it seems weird, because I can never remember the last time I saw Kane win a match.

should have seen him vs. MVP

he also won the gimmick battle royale at SN's ME IIRC

Looks more like a flipping (on Nitro's part) Play of the Day/Overdrive without the leg involvement.

So is there going to be an ECW thread tonight or are we going to be forced to use this thread for both shows?

Well, it starts from a front facelock and then he does a front flip that wrenches the person around into a neckbreaker where both Nitro and the victim land on their back.

Godamn, I was actually thinking for a second there that they have been putting all this momentum behind Matt to lead to Edge vs. Matt at Summerslam. Now that's obviously not going to happen, not because of Edge's feud with Kane, but because of Matt's feud with MVP. If Matt wins at GAB there will probably be a rematch at Summerslam, and if he loses it will kill his momentum and he won't look credible as a challenger for the World Title.

Godamn, I was actually thinking for a second there that they have been putting all this momentum behind Matt to lead to Edge vs. Matt at Summerslam. Now that's obviously not going to happen, not because of Edge's feud with Kane, but because of Matt's feud with MVP. If Matt wins at GAB there will probably be a rematch at Summerslam, and if he loses it will kill his momentum and he won't look credible as a challenger for the World Title.

much as we all like matt, he wouldn't have been ready to face edge at summerslam this time anyways

the potential feud's gonna still be there, and by this time next year, matt (and MVP) should be credible enough and edge should still be up there

make no mistake, i don't think anyone beleives kane will beat edge for the title. it's not happening.

but then who else is on smackdown that can challenge for the title????? batista doesn't have another shot, which is a shame, because he's really stepped his game up since losing the title.

kane-edge may have to go for a while

much as we all like matt, he wouldn't have been ready to face edge at summerslam this time anyways

the potential feud's gonna still be there, and by this time next year, matt (and MVP) should be credible enough and edge should still be up there

make no mistake, i don't think anyone beleives kane will beat edge for the title. it's not happening.

but then who else is on smackdown that can challenge for the title????? batista doesn't have another shot, which is a shame, because he's really stepped his game up since losing the title.

kane-edge may have to go for a while

Rey Mysterio Vs. Edge is the program I expect for Summerslam.

He had stepped up his game when working with Taker, but then lost in again when working with Edge. Sure he was better than he was in 2006, but his match at JD was poor, and his matches at ONS and Vengence were average. Batista is one of the more inconsistent guys out there.

MVP should have gone over Hardy. Matt is a good worker, but MVP has been built up better than Hardy.

Finlay was way more impressive than Flair. Finlay carried their match.

I like the idea of Edge/Kane at GAB. IMO, Kane deserves to be a main-event guy.

You know...as much as the Finlay/Flair match could be good...

I hate how they're forgetting the two of them started off the 2007 Royal Rumble, by saying this is their first meeting ever.