TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

ECW Thread

Preview:

Picking poison

June 26, 2007

After beating Elijah Burke last week, CM Punk is now officially the No. 1 contender to ECW World Champion Johnny Nitro's title. This week, both the champion and his challenger will try to gain an advantage on one another by picking each other's poison: Punk has chosen legendary ECW Original Tommy Dreamer to face Nitro while the A-lister has enlisted the brutal Kevin Thorn to battle the Straightedge Superstar.

Who will have the advantage after the smoke clears in this latest duel between two budding rivals? Will Nitro have something extra up his sleeve? Find out on ECW on Sci Fi.

Last week, Matt Striker wanted “Rowdy” Roddy Piper to help him celebrate his birthday – and got a pie in his face and some worms courtesy of Boogeyman for his trouble. Will Striker seek revenge against the man from The Bottomless Pit? And will the mysterious, gyrating worm connoisseur continue to stir nightmares in the Land of the Extreme?

ECW has been anticipating a reality check since The Miz was drafted to the Land of the Extreme. Will the former reality TV and SmackDown star finally make his anticipated in-ring ECW debut?

You can see all this and more on ECW on Sci Fi every Tuesday at 10/9 CT. Don’t miss it!

Why would Punk pick Dreamer as Nitro's opponent?

He respects him for his 'hardcore' legacy? They were partners last month? He was the only other face besides Boogeyman?

Joey and Taz aren't as bad as Tenay and what's his face on TNA, but they sound so phony and like used car salesmen trying to put over this crap.

He respects him for his 'hardcore' legacy? They were partners last month? He was the only other face besides Boogeyman?

Oh. So it's not that he's stupid he just had nobody else?

Guest shoryuken007

It's like the build to last year's WrestleMania, only with Bobby Lashley in place of Shawn Michaels. A slight step down.

I have always been a big fan of CM Punk from his ROH days, but am I the only one that feels like he can get into better physical shape? He seems to carry a lot of extra body fat that I feel he could get rid of. In no way am I talking about bulking up, but maybe getting a little leaner. And yes, I realize that WWE should be happy CM Punk looks the way he does right now with all the steroid allegations coming out recently.

From wwe.com: "Punk, a fan of the original incarnation of ECW, respects Dreamer and the legacy he has built, and the two teamed together with Sandman in a Six-Man Tag Team Tables Match against the New Breed at One Night Stand. "

This was the first ECW in ages where I couldn't be bothered to watch til the end. They could easily have put in a Burke & Cor Von vs. Balls & Richards match to build up to the obvious split up of their alliance, instead of replaying a fairly average PPV match.

Considering the past history of the current ECW championship how soon until the Miz gets the belt I say he gets it after only making 2 tv appearences on the Sci-Fi network. And can they change the name to ECW TV Championship since the last 3 champions were Smackdown midcard guys all of which were on the Sci-Fi channel less than a month before getting the Hand-Me-Down Belt.