TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Open the Muggy Gate

Alvin and the Chipmunks

Yeah, Ross Bagdasarian Jr. (son of the Chipmunks's creator and the guy who has been doing their voice ever since his dad died in the 70s is doing Alvin and Simon and his wife, Janice Karman, is doing Theodore.

Jason Lee and David Cross star.

I always love people's over-reactions to stuff like this. It's just the fucking Chipmunks, it'll probably suck, but it's nothing worth getting worked up over

I always love people's over-reactions to stuff like this. It's just the fucking Chipmunks, it'll probably suck, but it's nothing worth getting worked up over

Really. Were the original Chipmunks that great?

Same thing with Underdog. I'm more worried about Jason Lee's career going down to the toilet because of doing those two back to back.

The second generation of Chipmunk cartoons were kickass. I loved the movie where they had to go around the world collecting...something or other...I can't remember. but it was kickass.

if I recall, Rip, they were collecting dolls in their (and the Chimpettes) likenesses...what they didn't know is that there were diamonds hidden in each one and they were being used by a couple of smugglers.

Oh yeah. And then they accidentally broke one and found the diamonds. Yeah...that movie kicked ass.

Wasn't a running joke or storyline in that movie that Theodore wanted to get something to eat but every time he was about to, someone would chase them or the female chipmunks would show up forcing them to leave? I sorta remember that.

I think so, I can't really remember.

I do know I wanted to be an animated male chipmunk when Jeanette and Brittney did that snake charming routine dressed as harem girls.

I think so, I can't really remember.

I do know I wanted to be an animated male chipmunk when Jeanette and Brittney did that snake charming routine dressed as harem girls.

Ah, the infamous "Getting Lucky" song sequence. Yeah, yeah that scene was a little odd placed in a kids cartoon. That scene may have lead to a rise in furry love in the states.

It confused me as a kid that there were two versions that here in the UK they would run at the same time, sometimes one after the other.

I think I preferred this version.

Alvinchipmunks1983.jpg

Jason Lee and David Cross star.

With this and "Scary Movie 2", I'm starting to think Dave needs a new agent when it comes to movie choices. Yes, I'm aware he was in "Arrested Development", "Eternal Sunshine", and "Mr. Show", but he was also in this, "Scary Movie 2", and was producer of "Freakshow" (really, it's amazing that a show with him, H. John Benjamin, and Will Arnett would turn out to be so bad)

Alvin looks like the Unabomber.

That would be an awesome movie.

also, the animated movie was the shit.

Best review of that movie ever written.

Geez, they're really scraping at the barrel for these CG crap movies, aren't they? Can't wait to read some 12 year old's MySpace about this, or see a bunch of scene/emo/punk tshirts at Hot Topi.

Sickening.

On a plus side, yay David Cross!

Scary Movie 2 made 141 million dollars. Yeah. You should always fire your agent for getting you in a successful movie. That asshole.

Do they rap now? Or are they all convinced they are that idiot Pete Wentz?

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Straight Gangsta.

Coming Christmas.

Now I want to know what's on the soundtrack.

If they have the 'munks cover Linkin Park, could anyone honestly tell the difference?

Alvin lacks the Unabomber's shades, though. And that's probably the only reason he doesn't have them.

This seems like as much of a WTF as Fat Albert...which was also a Christmas movie...and some folks seemed to go see it because there wasn't much else. Go fig.

You know if you take the original Chipmunks songs, and pitch them down so you can hear what the original singers sounded like, they sound hella Canadian. I have no idea who they were, or if they actually were Canadian, but they sound like it.