TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

Cloverfield

that clip was pretty cool. Pretty much an extended version of the original trailer, so there isn't really anything new in it. Awesome atmosphere though. Should be a great popcorn flick

Looks like Cloverfield and Rambo will be my movies in January.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah this movie is going to effin' rock. It does the whole handheld thing really well, much more effectively than say Blair Witch, because it's not pretending to actually be real.

In JJ we trust.

Yeah... that looks incredible. I can't wait to see it. I thought it was neat how they were all taking pictures of the statue head on their phones and what-not until the monster showed up.

That's probably exactly what would happen.

After watching that 5 minute clip, I'm really excited about this flick now. Still waiting for a good pic of the monster though. We're less than a month away so maybe something will come up soon.

I got this from the DVD Boards:

Looks like some low budget company is already working on a ripoff of Cloverfield

Want proof of how much of a rush job this is? Look at the film's release date at the end of the trailer.

Looks like some low budget company is already working on a ripoff of Cloverfield

Want proof of how much of a rush job this is? Look at the film's release date at the end of the trailer.

Asylum only makes movies that are "rip-offs" of other movies. They just released I am OMEGA, they have Alien vs. Creature. There is Snakes on a Train, Child 666 (which is The Omen).

I love "The Asylum" films, I was talking about them in CTDWAT.

I'm betting money on the fact you never see the monster in this movie what-so-ever. Using more the power of sugestion, much like they did in Signs before showing the alien was in fact the Jolly Green Giant.

Asylum only makes movies that are "rip-offs" of other movies. They just released I am OMEGA, they have Alien vs. Creature. There is Snakes on a Train, Child 666 (which is The Omen).

Is this the same company that made "Transmorphers"?

I'm betting money on the fact you never see the monster in this movie what-so-ever. Using more the power of sugestion, much like they did in Signs before showing the alien was in fact the Jolly Green Giant.

And if they do that, the movie will bomb.

The draw of this movie now is finally discovering what the monster looks like. If you take that out of the equation, there is no draw. I've been concerned for some time that this is the angle Abrams is going for.

Is this the same company that made "Transmorphers"?

Yeah they are, and it looks a tad better than Bays.

And if they do that, the movie will bomb.

The draw of this movie now is finally discovering what the monster looks like. If you take that out of the equation, there is no draw. I've been concerned for some time that this is the angle Abrams is going for.

I disagree, it might just be me, but I think the ambiguity of it makes it all the more scary.

I knew I was about to be Rick Roll'd, but I kept on anyway.

Getting RickRoll'd is one of the best things to hit the internet in a while. Almost as funny as Chuck Norris Facts.

On topic though, we're a little less than 3 weeks away from the premiere of Cloverfield, so some actual creature shots are going to have to hit the net at some point.