TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

What would it take to make you interested in the WWE again

Every single heel in the WWE is booked as a chickenshit well other than Triple H. I think they are so god damn afraid to do it because they think people will cheer for the guy and they don't want anyone cheering for John Cena's heel opoonent.

Also this is a company that right now can do what they want by catering to themselves. No one is going to be allowed to "be themselves" or get over on their own because they have no competition and they are making money.

This company tells you what style to work, what moves you can and can't do all while writing your promos. They want to 100% decide who's over and who's not they don't want a wrestlers real talent or a fans taste play into who's pushed. They want to tell you who to like and you should sit there and buy it basically.

Every single thing a wrestler can do to get himself over....show natural charisma, do some impressive moves in the ring etc, is taken away so the WWE can decided for you who's over.

Do you really think John Cena or Bobby Lashley would be sniffing mainevents if everyone was allowed to show natural charisma without completely prewritten promos or allowed to go in a ring and show all they could do?

Say what you want about WCW but at least even in their very best days, no one was handcuffed in the ring or had anything taken away from them. Sure you might hit a glass ceiling and not get pushed past a certain point but they never went out of their way to take away things you did in the ring to make fans not like you either.

Do you really think John Cena would be sniffing mainevents if everyone was allowed to show natural charisma without completely prewritten promos or allowed to go in a ring and show all they could do?

Umm yes. Cena has more charisma than half the roster. His problem is the pre-written shit that they give him.

Do you really think John Cena would be sniffing mainevents if everyone was allowed to show natural charisma without completely prewritten promos or allowed to go in a ring and show all they could do?

Umm yes. Cena has more charisma than half the roster. His problem is the pre-written shit that they give him.

I could probably buy that to an extent, I probably shouldn't have lumped him in....but Bobby Lashley or Batista?

Yeah i agree.... But HHH Politics sicken me and he should stay the 10 time champ

All politics aside, putting the belt on HHH or HBK nowadays would be like if WWF had put the belt on Bruno in the mid 80s

Yeah i agree.... But HHH Politics sicken me and he should stay the 10 time champ

All politics aside, putting the belt on HHH or HBK nowadays would be like if WWF had put the belt on Bruno in the mid 80s

Well if Bruno had been married to his bosses kid........

I think it's funny as fuck that H legit worked fans and the company in general into believing he's as important as Austin and Rock were.

in HHH's defense however, was he the guy that people paid $$$ to see Austin and the Rock beat???????

you can't have great faces without great heels

I'd be very interested to re-read this thread in a few years time to see what WWE have actually done and how it compares to what we want. I know we're the internet and we suck, but hey, fun is fun. Actually, I'd be very interested in seeing WWE in 5 years time, who will the Main Eventers be?

Is this what WWE in 93 felt like? Was too young for the internet, and obviously the internet wasn't invented till 1998 anyway, so its not like there was an internet smark crowd crying about how stale the WWF was in 93, but was it anywhere near as this? I can't really remember since I was a kid at the time, and as a kid WWF seemed really good, all those colours and stuff.

I don't think WWE was stale at all in 1993. Remember that Monday Night Raw debuted in January. Wrestling fans today take weekly, live televised wrestling for granted. In 1992 I honestly think WWE ran four live shows in total, those being the pay-per-views. Monday Night Raw was a fresh show at the time, and offered a couple great matches like Jannetty/Michaels and Flair/Hennig, as well as the memorable Razor/Kid angle.

Agreed. I loved the WWF in 1993. People hate it these days because of some bad decisions in the main event with Hogan & Luger and because they only have easy access to the PPVs and they admittedly weren't that good. The weekly TV shows in 1993 were among the best the company has ever put on.

Even if somebody didn't like it, I wouldn't consider it stale as it was the year that the old guard (Hogan, Flair, Dibiase, Savage) was phased out in favour of newer wrestlers.

Thank you, Kahran. The WWF was exceptionally good in 1993, but the problem is that people who didn't watch back then on a weekly basis can only easily view the year in terms of the fairly mediocre PPVs they did that year. It's almost the opposite of 1992 in that regard, since 92 was a great year for the PPVs but my lord it was snooze worthy on a week to week basis from WM to SS.

Raw was a shock to the system when it debuted in Jan. 93. Before then the Monday show was Prime Time Wrestling with Monsoon and Heenan doing comedic banter in the studio and introducing some stale pre taped matches. Then Raw debuts and we had this ultra frenetic and energized show from a small NYC venue, and they put major matches on free TV.

I don't see how a year that yielded Flair vs. Perfect (Loser Leaves Town) on Raw, the Michaels/Jannetty feud (the Jannetty upset and the 2/3 falls match), the shocking Kid upset of Razor Ramon, and the whole Battle Royale and IC match with Razor/Martel could be considered a bad year.

Of all the bad things i say about Cena, i do think if he just had some kind of character to him and could cut his own promos, i wouldn't be so harsh on him. I mean, i don't know what he's supposed to be. He isn't a rapper anymore, since he doesn't rap, so why does he have the spinner belt? The Marine has been and gone, so he's not a Marine anymore. I don't see what it is about him i'm supposed to support and get behind. He NEVER BACKS DOWN and NEVER QUITS! To be honest, neither does my mother in a fight, i've seen her... But i don't think she should be cutting weak promos every week.

My point is thus... If Cena and the rest of the bland characters were just given the chance to cut their own promos and build people like that, instead of just have Cena beat the next unstoppable monster every month, i could be interested again. (Calling Lashley indestructable is ridiculous since he was beaten by McMahon, his son and a special needs fatty).

And i'm not suggesting they should be hotshotting the title every week, but I miss the days of tuning into Raw thinking ANYTHING could happen tonight. Also, i remember watching Raw religiously during the McMahon/Helmsley Era, just to see someone topple HHH. But I know Cena isn't losing the World Title on Raw. It seems the weekly shows are just a building tool for the bland PPVs instead of actually being a wrestling show in their own right.

I don't see how a year that yielded Flair vs. Perfect (Loser Leaves Town) on Raw, the Michaels/Jannetty feud (the Jannetty upset and the 2/3 falls match), the shocking Kid upset of Razor Ramon, and the whole Battle Royale and IC match with Razor/Martel could be considered a bad year.

now 95...THAT was a bad year....YUCK! Luckily, Bret Hart was able to get two good matches out of that lug Nash and thank GOD we had the awesome Wild Card match at that Survivor Series otherwise 95 could be a candidate for worst year of PPVs for the WWE...it may still be?

I agree. I really don't like Cena but with regard to his promos, its not his fault. There is only so much a person can do when the writers hand you a pile of shit for lines.

now 95...THAT was a bad year....YUCK! Luckily, Bret Hart was able to get two good matches out of that lug Nash and thank GOD we had the awesome Wild Card match at that Survivor Series otherwise 95 could be a candidate for worst year of PPVs for the WWE...it may still be?

There were also Razor and HBK's IC title ladder rematch and that awesome IC Title match between Jeff Jarrett and Michaels that I wish could see the light of day on DVD soon, possibly on HBK's upcoming dvd set. Without a doubt, Double J's greatest match EEEEVEERRRR.

I saw that PPV on 24/7 not too long ago. It's a decent enough time waster show and I actually went to the Raw taping the night after that PPV. HBK/JJ...that match is okay I guess. I don't see the classic there that some people do though. Too much Jarrett Memphis stalling and the finish is still moronic.

1995 was a lousy year for PPVs mainly because it was the first year that they did monthly PPVs and had the growing pains involved with that.

ah yes, how could I forget the ladder match?

also, Nash/HBK at WM 11 wasn't too bad either.

didn't care for the HBK/Jarrett match....Jarrett has always and will always bore me to tears.

oh yeah and one final gem from 1995, Bret Hart/Davey Boy Smith 2 at the Dec. IYH...I prefer it over their Summerslam 92 match.

EDIT: if I'm not mistaken, didn't Bret Hart have a decent match or two with Hakushi that year?

Not sure about PPV but I know I saw a tremendous Bret/Hakushi match at that Raw taping I mentioned. First time I'd ever seen a guy do a moonsault from inside the ring to the floor.

Bret/Bulldog from IYH is a good match and has a shocking amount of blood for the time period, but SS 92 is majestic. Besides, Bulldog never worked right as a heel in that late 1995 run. In fact he really didn't find himself in that role until teaming with Owen.

Not sure about PPV but I know I saw a tremendous Bret/Hakushi match at that Raw taping I mentioned. First time I'd ever seen a guy do a moonsault from inside the ring to the floor.

Ah yes, the Space Flying Tiger Drop, later also done on WWE TV by the Great Sasuke on his second match with TAKA Michinoku. Bret vs Hakushi's PPV match can be found on Bret's DVD set.

I think it's funny as fuck that H legit worked fans and the company in general into believing he's as important as Austin and Rock were.

He was the most over heel wrestler during that period of time. So yes he is up there.

He never, ever drew the kind of numbers that Austin and Rock did at their height. HHH is an important company guy, but more like an Undertaker "reliable top guy who's around forever" than a Hogan "someone who actually pops the business and draws huge money" type.

I think it's safe to say that 1995 was the year of locker room politics in the WWE. That epic match of Shawn Michaels vs. Dean Douglas for the IC title was truly a classic, that never happened.

He never, ever drew the kind of numbers that Austin and Rock did at their height. HHH is an important company guy, but more like an Undertaker "reliable top guy who's around forever" than a Hogan "someone who actually pops the business and draws huge money" type.

Honestly, who is?

To get me really interested, I think they'd really have to sign some new stars away from TNA and BOOK THEM PROPERLY ... I doubt they would know what to do with AJ or Daniels ... or really anybody from TNA. I don't know what they'd do with Joe since they've got Umaga running around doing the Samoan thing.

Don't get Hogan back in the company, unless they bring Savage back too. We know how likely that is.

I don't know yet if I want to see Flair with one final run ... he's a credible champion but I don't know how believable it would be.

I'd like to see Austin Aries signed and pushed strong.

Honestly, who is?

Not only that, but HHH was the other guy standing in the ring for a lot of those shows that Austin and Rock are credited for drawing. You can argue all day about who was drawing those fans, but he as still the #1 heel during the company's most successful period. He also has the main events of WM's XX, XXI, and XXII that he all drew without the aid of Hogan, Rock or Austin.

An Umaga face push would be funny.

Bobby Lashley having his tongue removed and going mute (real or kayfabe, either one works) Then they could have some midget with great mic skills sit on his shoulders and do all the talking (et. al. Master Blaster from Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome)

Jeff Hardy hits Edge with a Swanton Bomb at home while he's sleeping. (real or kayfabe, don't care as long as its taped) They could have Matt Hardy there, "encouraging" him to do it. Kinda like the Money in the Bank match.

Sandman as the WWE Champion. Come on, it'd be cool for a week or two. He's already got the best entrance in the WWE now that Ultimate Warrior has been gone for years. He could bash his head open with the belt and put blood all over it.

Get rid of the Women's Title. NO. ONE. CARES. Not even me, and I'm a girl.

Give Stevie Richards a serious push on ECW. That guy works his ass off.

CM Punk. Heel. Enough said.

Oh, and make ECW two hours, and have Extreme Expose' between each match! MAN, THAT SHIT IS SOOOO OVER!

To get me really interested, I think they'd really have to sign some new stars away from TNA and BOOK THEM PROPERLY ... I doubt they would know what to do with AJ or Daniels ... or really anybody from TNA. I don't know what they'd do with Joe since they've got Umaga running around doing the Samoan thing.

Don't get Hogan back in the company, unless they bring Savage back too. We know how likely that is.

I don't know yet if I want to see Flair with one final run ... he's a credible champion but I don't know how believable it would be.

There's a whole huge list of people better than Aries who should be brought in. Danielson, McGuiness, Claudio Castagnoli, the Briscoes. You are right that they can't have two Samoan gimmick guys together though, especially with such different variations and styles. The options would be to repackage Umaga/Jamal again, or to just call Joe by his full name, seeing as Joe Seanoa is a pretty good name really.

I saw that PPV on 24/7 not too long ago. It's a decent enough time waster show and I actually went to the Raw taping the night after that PPV. HBK/JJ...that match is okay I guess. I don't see the classic there that some people do though. Too much Jarrett Memphis stalling and the finish is still moronic.

1995 was a lousy year for PPVs mainly because it was the first year that they did monthly PPVs and had the growing pains involved with that.

I liked SummerSlam '95 and Survivor Series '95 but other than those two- the rest of the PPVs were really really mediocre. I don't think any of the PPVs strike out at me as "Worst ever" candidate (Except for KOTR) but collectively, it's easily one of the worst years ever for PPVs (WWF and WCW).

There's a whole huge list of people better than Aries who should be brought in. Danielson, McGuiness, Claudio Castagnoli, the Briscoes. You are right that they can't have two Samoan gimmick guys together though, especially with such different variations and styles. The options would be to repackage Umaga/Jamal again, or to just call Joe by his full name, seeing as Joe Seanoa is a pretty good name really.

I think the Briscoe's will eventually end up in WWE. Danielson, not too sure, but if they brought him in and used him right (how likely is that?), he could be a huge star. Same with McGuiness.

WWE thinking would probably be to bring Joe in and throw him right in a feud with Umaga. Quote me on that, actually. I'm pretty sure it'll happen if they're both in the company at some point in the next years.

Whoever pitched the WWE CM Punk heel idea, I'm in definite agreement with.

After watching a bunch of clips of Shawn Michaels from 1997, damn, him a heel, a nuclear heel heat one would be great. Him and Cena can be the top heels on Raw.

If Shawn could be a heel like that again, things would be great. Looking back, some of that heat he got as a DX member was simply great.

You are right that they can't have two Samoan gimmick guys together though, especially with such different variations and styles.

Why not? They've done it before. Rikishi and Haku neither looked nor wrestled alike, but they were still thrown together as a tag team because, uh, they're both Samoan and their kind stays together.

What would it take to get me really interested in the WWE again?

1.Get rid of the clueless TV writers. Let the guys cut their own promos.

2.Get serious about drug testing. Watch Lashley's body shrink before your very eyes.

3.Start hiring/pushing people because they have wrestling talent already, rather than the current plan of "hire some big ex-football player and cram him down the audience's throat til he's over, and hope he figures out how to wrestle along the way".

Guest lo0p

bring back The Rock

turn Cena into a heel

bring back jericho

bring bret hart in as a GM

end the brand split and have all the wrestlers on every show

unify the world title belts again (all the wrestllers fighting for one belt)

get rid of the ecw brand

fire the entire writing staff for Raw and give Heymen full control

of course none of this will ever happen simply because the wwe is in good financial shape and is growing internationally.