TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
edgehead69

The What If Topic...

What if Flair jumped ship in '98 and went back to the WWF like it was rumored?

Probably would have come in as McMahon's corporate champion against Austin and had a nice feud with him, which would have meant that we wouldn't have gotten the two Austin/Dude Love main events.

What if McMahon couldn't convince Andre to come back at Wrestlemania 3 and face Hogan? Who subs for Andre and does Hulkamania take off as much as it did?

Paul Orndorff was the contingency plan if Andre was too injured. IIRC, that's why the had the draw in the cage match at SNME a couple months prior. I think Hulkamania had already taken off, the Andre match only cemented it.

They might have attempted another offer at Nikita Koloff. They wanted him to face Hogan at Wrestlemania II, and as it's been said before, Hulk Hogan vs. Nikita Koloff would have sold out any stadium in the country.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka
What if McMahon couldn't convince Andre to come back at Wrestlemania 3 and face Hogan? Who subs for Andre and does Hulkamania take off as much as it did?

Paul Orndorff was the contingency plan if Andre was too injured. IIRC, that's why the had the draw in the cage match at SNME a couple months prior. I think Hulkamania had already taken off, the Andre match only cemented it.

They might have attempted another offer at Nikita Koloff. They wanted him to face Hogan at Wrestlemania II, and as it's been said before, Hulk Hogan vs. Nikita Koloff would have sold out any stadium in the country.

Provided it wouldn't have been weird with the Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff teaming up at the time, that would have been pretty cool.

Do you think Koloff would have been on his own or would he have ended up in the Heenan Family? (Or with someone else?)

Have no clue if this been asked before, but fuck it...

What if Ahmed Johnson never got injured the 1st time, while he was the IC champion?

Considering he was Goldberg-levels of popular at the time, there's a good chance he would've been in the WWF title picture. Ofcourse, knowing him, he would've injured someone or other and blown it anyway.

Provided it wouldn't have been weird with the Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff teaming up at the time, that would have been pretty cool.

Do you think Koloff would have been on his own or would he have ended up in the Heenan Family? (Or with someone else?)

I would have brought the other two "Russians" - Uncle Ivan and Krusher and have Ivan be the mouthpiece like he was in JCP. Ivan was a former WWWF Champion and the angle could have been him having his nephew Nikita taking down the great American hero, Hulk Hogan, to regain the World Title for the Koloff family and the Soviet Union. You could have also had Volkoff team up with them as well.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka

I would have brought the other two "Russians" - Uncle Ivan and Krusher and have Ivan be the mouthpiece like he was in JCP. Ivan was a former WWWF Champion and the angle could have been him having his nephew Nikita taking down the great American hero, Hulk Hogan, to regain the World Title for the Koloff family and the Soviet Union. You could have also had Volkoff team up with them as well.

I guess that means Demolition would never happen.

I guess that means Demolition would never happen.

It could have still happened... they could have still repackaged Krusher into Smash after his usefulness in the Nikita/Hogan feud ended, or they could have found someone else to play the part.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka

Possibly. He would have been more recognizable though.

Admittedly, it's kind of hard to tell sometimes in the early SNME matches with Demolition as managed by Luscious Johnny V when Barry Darsow started as Smash and when the other guy ended. You may very well be right.

What if the Ultimate Warrior never left in 1996?

He would have flaked out eventually. The Warrior was not going to make an impact on things whatsoever at that point.

I'm sorry but Hogan Vs Volkoff main eventing WrestleMania III and selling out The Silverdome is just a downright absurd thought. Volkoff was firmly entrenched in the midcard by '87. The guy lost in two minutes to Corporal fucking Kirchner at WM II, they'd have to do a lot of work to build him up to be Hogan's challenger at WrestleMania.

Edit: Whoops, never mind. Misread.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka
I'm sorry but Hogan Vs Volkoff main eventing WrestleMania III and selling out The Silverdome is just a downright absurd thought. Volkoff was firmly entrenched in the midcard by '87. The guy lost in two minutes to Corporal fucking Kirchner at WM II, they'd have to do a lot of work to build him up to be Hogan's challenger at WrestleMania.

nikita.jpg Nikita Koloff.

volkoff.jpg Nikolai Volkoff.

They are different people.

What if Elvis Presley didn't die in 1977 but took some time off to get healthy and clean? What if Vince McMahon and Tom Parker had arranged for Elvis to sing the national anthem at WrestleMania I?

What if Hulk Hogan did win at WrestleMania 9 and accepted the challenge from "The Hitman" for, say, King of the Ring? Would Yokozuna win the tournament? What if Hogan, Hart, and Yokozuna had a triangle match at KOTR? Who would have won the tournament then?

What if Sting went to the WWF in the early '90's? Would he have become the star he is? Or, would he have faded into obscurity?