TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angle-plex

Movie moments that gave/give you chills *Spoilers throughout*

First one that comes to mind is Eastwood in "Unforgiven" when he takes a swig of whiskey after finding out Ned's dead. I can watch that scene on loop and still feel it.

Rocky getting up in the 14th round against Apollo.

Snake pulling "the switch" in Escape from New York.

The cop and the girl having dinner in Magnolia.

What are some of yours?

Guest benoitwasmurdered

The first appearance of Gollum in the Two Towers, The way he looked matched up so well with the way I've always imagined him looking like that I marked out.

De Niro and Pacino having coffee in Heat.

Bill Pullman's speech at the end of Independence Day [i was 11].

Anakin Skywalker turning on his lightsaber as he's about to kill the younglings in Ep. III.

Dennis Quaid running out of the bullpen in "The Rookie".

I'm sure there are more but right now, that's the only one I can think of.

Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper's little showdown in True Romance. In a movie full of amazing moments, that one really stood out.

The endings of Usual Suspects and Sixth Sense, IF you didn't see them coming (like me).

And oh yeah, that scene in Magnolia too. Easily my favorite part of that movie, one of the few times I was literally cheering for two movie characters to hook up.

"Now! Offer me money"

"Yes."

"Power too, promise me that!"

"All that I have, and more...please..."

"Offer me everything I ask for."

"Anything you want."

"I want my father back, you sunnavabitch!"

"You feelings for them are strong. Especially for...sister! So...you have a twin sister. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not be turned to the Dark Side, then perhaps she will..."

"NO!!"

300, when King Leonidas lays down his arms and you think he's going to give up...but swerve, he picks his spear back up and chucks it at Xerxes

Four Brothers, when Jack's about to get gunned down and you see it coming.

Serenity as Book is dying

Speaking of gunned down, Sonny at the toll booth

Young Guns - Bill popping out of the chest in Young Guns 1.

Young Guns 2- "Billy! Lets finish the game." Hells yeah future Bauer.

Lord of the Rings - Boromir going out like a gangsta.

Saving Private Ryan- Wade dying on a the hill calling for his mommy...that and Adam Goldbergs death.

Signs - The alien walking by in the video footage. Hell yeah...I said it.

Armageddon - "Goodbye, Gracie." (if that scene doesn't give you chills you just plain suck)

I am sure I have alot more, but those are good for right now.

Armageddon - "Goodbye, Gracie." (if that scene doesn't give you chills you just plain suck)

Then I plain suck, because 1.Deep Impact already did an identical scene, and 2.I just sat there wondering "Isn't he taking an awfully long time to push the damn button? The asteroid's almost here, asshole, quit whining to Liv and do it already!"

Hana Bi-Final shot of the beach, swelling music...two gun shots.

Kikujiro-Kikujiro telling the kid his name

Fitzgeraldo-Kinski's triumphant home coming

Unforgiven-Clint tossing an empty bottle into the mud

Magnificent Seven-"Nobody throws my own gun at me, and tells me to run."

Wild Bunch-The gang walking into certain doom

Lady Snowblood-The indifferent look on Meiko's face when she is stabbed by the daughter of a previous victim

Lost in Translation-Bill Murray's inaudible whispering

I'll go with Gandalf returning near the end of Two Towers. The whole portion from the charge of the Rohirrim led by Theoden until Gandalf and Co. charge down the hill and take out the orcs.

I second the declaration of suck. Harry Stamper died for our sins, dammit, the least you could do is show some respect and feel goosebumps for his impending blowuppery and subsequent flashbacks.

Oh, and the tears in rain speech from Roy in Blade Runner. Fucker died for our sins too. Goddamn geneticists, playin around with gods creation. Damn astronauts not learnin from the story of babel and damn Oil drillers takin that dinosaur oil with their demon geology.

The endings of Heat, Shawshank Redemption, and Field Of Dreams

The entire last 15 minutes of The Fountain.

The Fountain had great visuals, but the only story in that I really cared for was the work of fiction about the Queen. Otherwise I was fighting to stay awake

1408, still new, so I'll give ya some space to ignore it

when he's holding his "daughter" in the room and she turns to ash and falls apart in his arms

The scene in "Remember the Titans" when the team comes to the cemetery at Gettysburg and Denzel's speech there.

"Snoopy Come Home" at the farewell party before Snoopy leaves Charlie Brown to live with his previous owner (I was 6 at the time).

The scene in "Full Metal Jacket" where Private Pyle is in the latrine, blows Sgt. Hartman away, then turns the gun on himself.

In "The Patriot", when Heath Ledger's character has Col. Tavington on the ground face down and is about to shoot him and Tavington quickly turns over and stabs him with his sword before he can pull the trigger.

Quite a few scenes from "The Crow", but mostly the one where kills, I believe Funboy, but I may be wrong, but tying him up inside his car, putting explosives in it and sending him off the pier. Then he leaves the Crow "logo" in flames on the ground at the scene.

Those are off the top of my head, I'll think of more later.

High Plains Drifter. The whole movie, but specifically when he just up and rapes that bitch, and then makes a midget mayor. Also when he kills 4 guys with a whip.

Full Metal Jacket. When they kill the VC sniper. Hardcore, man.

28 Weeks Later. When the guy gouges that bitches eye's out. Awesome. She also gets fire bombed.

Quite a few scenes from "The Crow", but mostly the one where kills, I believe Funboy, but I may be wrong, but tying him up inside his car, putting explosives in it and sending him off the pier. Then he leaves the Crow "logo" in flames on the ground at the scene.

That would be "T-Bird", not Funboy (he was the heroin addict who was killed in the girl's mom's apartment).

Mark's first hit in A Better Tomorrow

Damn, there's an old chestnut.

The dying guy talking to his wife and newborn child over the phone, with his last breaths, while they don't know he's dying, in A Better Tomorrow II. (Now THAT'S how you do a tough guy's eulogy to his own kid!)