TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
At Home

What to do in British Columbia?

Me and my family are going to Vancouver Island in BC, and I don't know what to do there. I'm going to go see UBC, and probably going to go look at the city a day or two. What else is there to do?

Is there a website I can go to that will list shows there? Particularly, indie rock shows?

Also, I'm a photographer, so where are some particularly cool places? (architecture, scenery, flowers, whatever.)

Stanley Park has some really nice areas that you'll be able to grab some quality photos from.

The park was hit by a cyclone last winter that caused some massive damage. I've heard that a fair bit of the park is closed for restoration efforts.

Also, I'm a photographer, so where are some particularly cool places? (architecture, scenery, flowers, whatever.)

If you do go to the Island, make sure to visit Butchart Gardens in Victoria and the rain forest in Pacific Rim National Park.

Get on a ferry. You can take some good wildlife pictures out on the strait.

Go to Whistler, but don't buy anything there. It's pricey as anything.

Me and my family are driving up to vancouver island through washington, and we're going to see UBC before we head into the island. I'm basically going to be limited to public trans the whole time and can't really go out beyond vancouver, probably.

Speaking of the gardens, there's a fireworks show the day that I get there, so I've already made plans to go to that.

Guest benoitwasmurdered

All the local Earl's are full of annoying hipsters. White Spot is much better.

All the local Earl's are full of annoying hipsters. White Spot is much better.

But I guess for you boys, Earl's hot waitresses are a plus.

But still, go for the White Spot. I recommend the BC Burger.

Go to White Rock. Nice little beach town.

Also go to the wharf on North Vancouver I believe, some good stuff there.

Guest Vitamin X

I'm actually going up to Vancouver sometime this summer, whenever I have the time/money.

My friends are biking there from here.. supposedly on minibikes (16" wheels). I think if they actually do follow through on that, they will have no knees left by the time they get there. I would like to ride around town though, and check out their bike culture.

Guest Vitamin X

I wouldn't mind doing it on a regular bike, but a mini? fuck that. I met some people on Sunday that did Seattle to Portland. I don't think it's that much further to Vancouver.

Guest Vitamin X

Eh, only double the trip. It'd just take, oh, about a week or so. STP (Seattle to Portland) is typically done in 3 days, stages of 50-60 miles a day. My usual ride is about 40 miles when I have a day off at the mountains and stuff, so doing it on a road/commuter bike wouldn't be much worse. I probably ride what most people drive in a week on that anyways.

But no, this is part of my car's farewell tour before I sell it in September.

I'd like to bike somewhere when I get back into biking. Unfortunately, there's no where really to go in hawaii besides around the island, but when I get to college I imagine i'll be doing a lot of biking around. We're getting off topic.

What's there to do in bc.