TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
At Home

Shitty Scenes in Great Movies

Yeah, the treatment of Venom in SM3 really pissed me off...especially since they never fucking explained him.

Had I not already known all about Venom's character, I woulda sat there going "WTF is going on?" Hell, I *did* wonder WTF was going on, since the symbiote made Eddie Brock about 17 times bigger, but Parker stayed the same size.

The "Like a virgin" number in Moulin Rouge and the group number at the end.

If they had ended it somehow right after Ewan spit on Nicole with that last "come what may", I would have been happy.

You liked Moulin Rouge but you wanted it to end with Ewan spitting on his sick/dying girlfriend? That's cold.

I would have rather them dispatched of the Duke and his man servant with a longer version of come what may. That number after "Christian, they are trying to kill you!!!" sucked to me.

They could still have the death after the curtain drop, but that "I will love you till my dying day" part was awsome and then got tossed out for the Bohemian theme.

Double post so I will add another.

Anthony ANderson and all scenes with him didn't need to be in Transformers. They could have easily done the same think using Tom Lenk's character or someone. That was just a unnecessary detour in the movie.

And did I miss something? Wheelie was in the movie?

Edit: Just realized you guys are referencing the 84 movie.

Robin Hood: Men in Tights - The Don Giovanni scene. Obviously the movie is incredibly dated, but that scene just firmly roots it in the early 90s. The whole scene just reeks; from the bad impression to the quickly-jump-to-random-joke dialogue, just everything annoys me.

What is with the love for doing bad impersonations of the Godfather? Seems like every other show on Disney channel has one. My sister watches that crap channel, so I subsequently hear most of it. >.>;

Eh I never had a problem with Crystal in that, but I DO have a problem with TV stations hyping a showing of it around his bit part.

I thought about this further and found one scene in a great movie that flat out sucks and I've always found incomprehensible. That would be Fargo, notably the scene where Frances McDormand meets up with the one Chinese dude in the restaurant. It's such a pointless scene, adds nothing to the overall narrative, and unlike The Big Lebowski (which has several bizarre character scenes) it isn't one bit entertaining.

When I said venom was rad I simply meant that he looked cool. The character venom wasn't explained well enough, and there were a lot of things wrong, but he looked cool.

The only time Katie Holmes has ever been useful in a movie is her 10 seconds in THE GIFT and the scene in "The Ice Storm" with Tobey McQuire.

The dance sequence in Spider-Man 3.

I am by no means calling Spider-Man 3 a "great" movie, I know it's been widely criticized on the boards, but I liked it. Except for that scene.

That's the best part of the movie, though.

The "Jesus loves the little children" bullshit and forced comic relief in the otherwise classic Night of the Hunter. I could be wrong but I always got the impression that they were scared of censors/audience reactions and felt they had to lighten the overall mood to keep the darkness from being too overwhelming.

Than there's Tarantino's delivery in Pulp Fiction. "Dun't you Jimmy me, Jules...kay?"

The "Jesus loves the little children" bullshit and forced comic relief in the otherwise classic Night of the Hunter. I could be wrong but I always got the impression that they were scared of censors/audience reactions and felt they had to lighten the overall mood to keep the darkness from being too overwhelming.

I thought Lillian Gish's little monologue at the end was pretty superfluous, too. Up there with the psychologist at the end of Psycho in the "okay, I GET it already!" department.

This is supposed to be "Shitty Scenes in Great Movies", not "Shitty Sequels to Great Movies". Otherwise, I'd go on a rant about every Alien movie after the second one, with increasing profanity for every installment.

Billy Crystal in The Princess Bride

LIES~!

While not a horrible scene, just one really bad line in "The Goonies."

"I can't remember if it's an A sharp or a B-flat"

THEY ARE THE SAME FUCKING KEY YOU STUPID WHORE!

The scene in the hotel room in Knocked Up.

You suck at life.

"There are five types of chairs in this hotel room"

"This one has better energy"

"Tastes like a rainbow"

I repeat, you suck at life.

The scene in the hotel room in Knocked Up.

"There are five types of chairs in this hotel room"

That was a funny line.

it just felt really out of place and effected the pace of the film.

Although the bits leading up to it were great.

Alien: Resurrection was just fine until they decide to have the Queen give birth like a human...

Except for the stupid focus on dark "comedy", the teeth-aching overacting of some of the cast, the shoddy CGI alien effects, the mostly crappy dialogue, the badly handled action scenes, and the I-can't-believe-nobody-noticed-this treatment of the American characters as a bunch of idiots by the French director. And THEN the queen gives birth to the worst looking Alien I've ever seen in my life, just to make damn sure that the movie failed.

(Yeah, I take the decline of the Alien series REAL seriously.)

picky picky picky

Alien 3 wasn't horrible either...it was just slow and no one wanted slow after the kick ass action that was Aliens...plus Ripley dying kinda takes the wind out of the sails.

Alien 3 was... okay. It had a great director in David Fincher, a real good supporting cast, and a script that should've been recycled into cheap toilet paper for the poor. Some people like it better than Alien Resurrection, while others are vyce-versa.

But can we all agree that none of these were as appallingly worthless as Alien vs. Predator?